Page 1173 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 173107311231163116911701171117211731174117511761177118312231273 ... LastLast
Results 29,301 to 29,325 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You don't think using a Master Ball on a shiny Pokemon that can kill itself at any moment is justified?
    If you can't capture that with a standard Poke Ball anyway, I don't see how you manage to do something truly difficult, like walk erect.

I shouldn't have to say it, but this is a joke.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i never really got why people cared for shiny pokemon, or why they soft reseted their game thousands of times to get one
    bragging rights

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    bragging rights
    To be fair, sheer persistence is worth bragging about.

The usual links

Yeah I agree. I think I tried soft resetting for a legendary once back in the day. I gave up after about 30 mins, which is equal to about 60-70 resets I think. Anyone who has enough patience to put up with waiting to catch a Pokémon that is only a different colour needs to be rewarded with something better. Some people claim to get into the 10,000's which is just absurd
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

i never really got why people cared for shiny pokemon, or why they soft reseted their game thousands of times to get one
    A lot of them have better color schemes, so I don't mind catching them if they show up, but I don't actively search for them because that's just too much work. I do SR for nature and IVs, though, that's slightly less ridiculous (I don't usually SR for anything more than about 50 times or so).

One time, I did SR the Suicune on Rt. 25 in SoulSilver and it came out shiny on the third try (and the nature and IVs weren't bad either).
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I hate when people say life is too short when it's the longest thing anyone will ever experience.

yeah i think we should all just spend all of our time complaining that life is too long
    life is
    a game

Saying that life is long and disagreeing with people who say it is short =/= thinking you should gripe about life being too long.

Misfitting sarcastic reply that makes no real point is misfitting sarcastic reply that makes no real point. :3

some lasers i ordered off ebay arrived today, they're so cool:

life is
    a game

I hate when people say life is too short when it's the longest thing anyone will ever experience.
    You're missing the point of what they're saying. Yeah, life is pretty long. But to most people, it's not enough time to accomplish all of the things they want to in life. By "too short" they mean it's "too limited".

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    some lasers i ordered off ebay arrived today, they're so cool:

Those are pretty cool. But why do you need them? Are you a DJ or something?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I've been waiting 13 years now for the next turn of the millennium, and I'll probably die before it happens again. Yeah, life is too short, if that's what I want out of it.

Then again, if I lived until then, I'd be 1010. I'd probably be a rotted husk by that point.

The usual links

You're missing the point of what they're saying. Yeah, life is pretty long. But to most people, it's not enough time to accomplish all of the things they want to in life. By "too short" they mean it's "too limited".
    Dude, I clearly knew this. I'm just saying, as a saying.

Dude, I clearly knew this. I'm just saying, as a saying.
    why though? there are more annoying "sayings" to hate. Like YOLO for example. I believe that if you hear someone say "YOLO" you have the right to punch them in the face.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

the only thing more annoying than yolo are the constant people complaining about yolo when it isnt even that bad

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Yolo may be an annoying phrase, but at least it's true. Now saying it as a excuse to jump of a cliff or something is stupid. But those people were probably stupid to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    the only thing more annoying than yolo are the constant people complaining about yolo when it isnt even that bad
    Fair enough. YOLO to me is the new generation of Beavis and Butthead. Kids doing stupid things because it is deemed "cool". Using YOLO as an excuse to do insane and more than likely dangerous things. Maybe my anger is really directed at YOLO, but instead at the stupidity of Americas youth.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

I don't really hate the phrase that much but it represents the youth of today sacrificing their education just because #lol****schoolswagyolo

idk kinda makes me sad alittle
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    I don't really hate the phrase that much but it represents the youth of today sacrificing their education just because #lol****schoolswagyolo

when 8 year old in the street go "what the F88k are you looking at" as you walk past, it makes me sad. When I was 8 trading cards and bey-blades where cool. Now its cool to be a **** apparently. How times change.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post

SWAG! there is another word that drives me crazy. though if the rumors are true about its previous meaning then it is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    when 8 year old in the street go "what the F88k are you looking at" as you walk past, it makes me sad. When I was 8 trading cards and bey-blades where cool. Now its cool to be a **** apparently. How times change.
    lol! at your whole post, especially at the word ****. what a good word

B

If you only live once then why risk ruining it with rash decisions?

Beldum has a capture rate of 3, which is the same as most legendaries, plus its only attack is Take Down, which does recoil.
    Status effects like sleep make that a non-issue. Really, 3 isn't that bad and it isn't as though there's only one in the game.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 15th April 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Isn't 3 the lowest?

Isn't 3 the lowest?
    Looks like it and I added that they're not one of a kind so it isn't that bad.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Status effects like sleep make that a non-issue. Really, 3 isn't that bad and it isn't as though there's only one in the game.
    It's still kind of hard even with sleep. Sleep only lasts for so long, and it usually takes a good 10+ turns to catch a Pokemon like that even when it is asleep.

Page 1173 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 173107311231163116911701171117211731174117511761177118312231273 ... LastLast