Page 990 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Silvia View Post
    That video in your sig is funny .
    thank you! i try to put up one every week

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Oh.

Okay.

Clearly you are very well-versed in American beers.
    5.2%, well priced when bought in the right places and in the right numbers, nice tasting. What's the beef?

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    In my defense, my hearing is bollocks.
    It wasn't a criticism. I agree. Everything I import is 256 minimum. Halves the number of songs you can have on the ipod, but quality over quantity yah.

They were HD 201s. I'm kind of a sucker for the around-the-ear model, and they were fairly cheap, being on sale at $20 (as opposed to the $30 they usually cost where I got them). Considering that I got them at an FYE, I'm fairly sure that this sale price is actually way closer to their RRP than what they were ordinarily being sold at.[/QUOTE]

I tend to go for around-the-ear too (both sound quality and potential of avoiding eardrum damage are improved), except I've been doing a lot of jogging/short journeys recently, so I've been leaning towards in-ears.

To the other poster, I lean toward Sennheiser and Bose because, unlike other headphone manufacturers (Dr. Dre and Skullcandy to name but two) they don't believe that sound quality lies solely in how loud and emphasised the bass is. As a general rule though I use the bass booster (or acoustic) EQ on my ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I tend to go for around-the-ear too (both sound quality and potential of avoiding eardrum damage are improved), except I've been doing a lot of jogging/short journeys recently, so I've been leaning towards in-ears.
    I can't stand earbuds/in-ear headphones, to be honest. Either they're horribly painful, or they don't stay in my ears at all when I turn my head any which-way. Also any of the quality ones cost as much as a nice pair of regular headphones, so I can't convince myself to buy a pair of headphones that looks so incredibly flimsy, like earbuds do.

My car died on me today. Again. After putting so much money into it these past few months. And I was supposed to work in 7 minutes.

I love owning a car.

5.2%, well priced when bought in the right places and in the right numbers, nice tasting. What's the beef?
    None, except, just that. It's a drinkable cheap-ish beer you can find pretty much everywhere. (At least domestically.)

It's just that you called it "great." There's nothing wrong with it, but we're still talking chuck steak when there's filet mignon all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    Sitting around talking about how I have no money for school and there's nothing to be done about it. It's not a very positive night!
    i hear you sister. i'm in the same boat. T^T

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    None, except, just that. It's a drinkable cheap-ish beer you can find pretty much everywhere. (At least domestically.)

It's just that you called it "great." There's nothing wrong with it, but we're still talking chuck steak when there's filet mignon all over the place.
    Agreed. Down here in Texas, we got some pretty awesome **** called Lone Star, Tecate, and of all things, PBR. Domestically speaking of course.

But I mean, hey, we all may as well take the "beer hipster's" word for it. Amirite?
    Last edited by Rave; 4th January 2013 at 4:40 AM.

It wasn't a criticism. I agree. Everything I import is 256 minimum. Halves the number of songs you can have on the ipod, but quality over quantity yah.
    Fair enough. I probably don't listen to about half of my musical library at least.

Not big on in-ears, usually -- they've just never been comfortable for me.

To the other poster, I lean toward Sennheiser and Bose because, unlike other headphone manufacturers (Dr. Dre and Skullcandy to name but two) they don't believe that sound quality lies solely in how loud and emphasised the bass is. As a general rule though I use the bass booster (or acoustic) EQ on my ipod.
    I like the bass at a decent level. The HD 201s have got decent bass, as far as I can tell. Well, I can hear the bass guitar in "...And Justice for All," where it's there, but borderline inaudible, so I guess that qualifies as "they're good" to me.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

The new title for this thread is so formal some how XD nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

I feel like kicking the mod who keeps changing the thread title. Just one kick to the shin is all I want.

I actually like frequent changes oops

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    I actually like frequent changes oops
    I'm kicking you next.

I like this new title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Agreed. Down here in Texas, we got some pretty awesome **** called Lone Star, Tecate, and of all things, PBR. Domestically speaking of course.

But I mean, hey, we all may as well take the "beer hipster's" word for it. Amirite?
    I've never seen/heard "PBR" and "awesome" in the same sentence, except at my last job, where that's literally all anyone drank.

For a sec I thought that this might be a troll thread from Misc. main (where it was listed as the last posted-in thread in polls).

Close enough for jazz?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Maybe this is a troll thread, and someone moved all of the GCT posts here.

Eek o_O; The title is like so weird now... nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Kirby
    Wat r u doin?
    Kirby
    Stahp!

I'm actually enjoying this.

This thread just got 26% sexier.
    Not because I posted in it, because of the name. But it's easy to be mistaken.

Oh....and I finally got the smell of bird shit out of my jacket, so I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    thank you! i try to put up one every week
    Your welcome ...

I need a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh.

Anyway, I'm just passing time playing Minecraft and I've got this Villager who won't stop staring at me. It's very unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    I need a monstah to clobbah dat dere Kirbeh.
    dying irl best post in this topic

[19:00] <%Tiffany> that me

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I've never seen/heard "PBR" and "awesome" in the same sentence, except at my last job, where that's literally all anyone drank.
    Funny, cuz you still saw them in the same sentence in the past. Therefore, yes, you have witnessed the two words used interchangeably within the same sentence before.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Kirby
    Wat r u doin?
    Kirby
    Stahp!
    ^this

Why does she change it at all? What was wrong with the original title?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Because she can.
    B)
    [03:16] <kesha> youre a 10 baby

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Page 990 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 890940980986987988989990991992993994100010401090 ... LastLast