Page 1141 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 141104110911131113711381139114011411142114311441145115111911241 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,525 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Sure, the beatles are awesome, but if someone hates them or feels no empathy for them so ****ing what? Their loss I say, let them listen to whatever they think is good. As long as their filth isn't touching my ears, and my filth isn't being shoved down their throats its all cool.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Sure, the beatles are awesome, but if someone hates them or feels no empathy for them so ****ing what? Their loss I say, let them listen to whatever they think is good. As long as their filth isn't touching my ears, and my filth isn't being shoved down their throats its all cool.
    Ok I want to make one thing clear because I think people took what I said WWAAAAAYYY too seriously, I was joking when I said I was going to kill them, and I really don't care if someone doesn't enjoy music I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    Ok I want to make one thing clear because I think people took what I said WWAAAAAYYY too seriously, I was joking when I said I was going to kill them, and I really don't care if someone doesn't enjoy music I like.
    I used to care if people didn't like what I liked, but then I realized "hey, people can like what they like, it's no big deal". (although certain exceptions can be made. (morally f'ed up things for example). And that was the day I became smarter than 1/2 the people in the youtube comment sections.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

The Beatles wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so over played

my opinion is different oh no

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    The Beatles wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so over played
    Nah, beatles could be bad because of the style of music not being like, not because they're played too much. There's no such thing as too much beatles. Especially if its While my Guitar gently weeps.
    BLAH

I don't even like the Beatles that much lol, I only have about 4 of their albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    Difference: Beatles = talented, Modern artists = not (some exceptions, i.e. Adele)
    eeeeuuuuuuuuggghhh nooooo not the whole 'modern music sux' thing. you're not looking hard enough for either the good artists of today nor the talentless hacks of yesteryear which time has managed to forget. good music is defined as being so regardless of context.
    Running for the thrill of it

i need more beatles
    life is
    a game

HOnestly, I like the Beatles, but they aren't as awesome as many people say they are. They're still a damn good and influential band, but they aren't gods. *puts up flame shield* I prefer Led Zep, Linkin Park, Metallica, Crush 40 (Sonic fan here), Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd to them.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post

i need more beatles
    You wanna be jelly? My mom has the entire discography, from the albums to the lives on vinyl. And I'm not talking about re-releases, I'm talking about release period proper 40 year old vinyls.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by LordLucario21 View Post
    HOnestly, I like the Beatles, but they aren't as awesome as many people say they are. They're still a damn good and influential band, but they aren't gods. *puts up flame shield* I prefer Led Zep, Linkin Park, Metallica, Crush 40 (Sonic fan here), Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd to them.
    Metallica is the BEST BAND ever. (Opinion of course)
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34i21cl.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

I prefer Linkin Park, ... Crush 40 ... to them.
    dear lord

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    You wanna be jelly? My mom has the entire discography, from the albums to the lives on vinyl. And I'm not talking about re-releases, I'm talking about release period proper 40 year old vinyls.
    are they on capitol or parlophone? if capitol, no i'm not jealous. my white album is an original UK mono pressing, sgt peppers and revolver are 70s aus represses though and yellow submarine is the new reissue
    life is
    a game

as much as i like Linkin Park, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the beatles

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

dear lord

are they on capitol or parlophone? if capitol, no i'm not jealous. my white album is an original UK mono pressing, sgt peppers and revolver are 70s aus represses though and yellow submarine is the new reissue
    To be fair, the old L:inkin park stuff was good, if a bit melodramatic and self-pitying. XD At least those bands aren't THAT bad. Compared to what most people listen to from my generation (basically, songs that say the n word more than every slave owner in the 1800s did COMBINED and songs that say the same **** OVER AND OVER AND OVER)! Besides, I prefer those bands to the beatles because I prefer more guitar-heavy and headbang-inducing stuff.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    as much as i like Linkin Park, they shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the beatles
    if it isn't C Brizz
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34i21cl.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Mew_

I would only really say that about the albums between Meteora and Living Things. (Seriously, A Thousand Suns might be one of the worst albums I've ever heard).
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Besides, I prefer those bands to the beatles because I prefer more guitar-heavy and headbang-inducing stuff.
    i wouldn't say linkin park fit in here lol

i didn't find my musical feet until i was older than you but if you're willing to look you'll be amazed at some of the quality of some things you find (certainly better than linkin park)
    life is
    a game

I would only really say that about the albums between Meteora and Living Things. (Seriously, A Thousand Suns might be one of the worst albums I've ever heard).
    hey now meteora was a great album imo. haven' really kept up with Linkin Park since though

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

hey now meteora was a great album imo. haven' really kept up with Linkin Park since though
    I said between Meteora and Living things, that span doesn't include Meteora. Perosnally, it's one of my favorite albums. I can't decide whether I like this or Hybrid Theory more. Both are really, REALLY good albums. But personally, my favorite album is a tie between Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd and Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath. Also, I forgot to mention that I freaking LOVE Queen.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    God forbid someone have an opinion.
    yeah, one that shuts down an entire band's discography with some throwaway bullshit about how it sucks because people like it sure is an opinion to respect
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

dear lord

Capitol's unfortunately.
    BLAH

I like Meteora and Hybrid Theory. My like of Linkin Park is mostly sentimental reasons, though. Everything after Meteora has been pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I like Meteora and Hybrid Theory. My like of Linkin Park is mostly sentimental reasons, though. Everything after Meteora has been pretty terrible.
    I thought Minutes to Midnight was meh, a Thousand Suns was awful, and Living Things was good, but not as good as i wanted it to be. I feel that its becoming too much like electronica and losing that edge that I felt they had with their first two albums.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Looking for:

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    People still get mad at people who don't think the Beatles ard the greatest boy band of all time? People write pop music about "love" and drugs today? It's considered garbage. Pop music about "love" and drugs from the 70s? Brilliant art don't question it! Pop musician abuses his significant other today? Make jokes at the victim's expense. Mention that a certain pop musician from the 70s beat his wife? How dare you slander the name of one of the best musicians to ever live!
    Come on. Surely you can do better than that?

Lennon was a wife-beater though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Come on. Surely you can do better than that?

Lennon was a wife-beater though.
    Also I hear only a very limited number of people call the Beatles a "boy band," but it's still technically an apt description.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Page 1141 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 141104110911131113711381139114011411142114311441145115111911241 ... LastLast