Page 1145 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 145104510951135114111421143114411451146114711481149115511951245 ... LastLast
Results 28,601 to 28,625 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    General rule. The more you hate something, the stronger it gets.
    So let's talk about food instead.
    Cake is the best desert ever.
    'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    But posts don't count here, friend.

This is a good post though and it should count.
    Oh. But thanks for the agreement on my opinion. Your sig is adroable! DemiVeemon has always been the cutest toddler Digimon ever.
    BLAH

Unfortunately, I've only finished the first Metroid Prime -- an effing amazing game, honestly -- and don't have a Wii and therefore can't play Prime 3.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Unfortunately, I've only finished the first Metroid Prime -- an effing amazing game, honestly -- and don't have a Wii and therefore can't play Prime 3.
    You should be owning a Wii to play everything that should be played. I swear people have written the console off far too quickly, it offered some of the best exclusives this generation.
    BLAH

What exclusives are acutally worth owning besides Xenoblade and SMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Besides the aforementioned Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Kirby's Return to Dreamland are good ones.

I don't much about Kirby but Brawl wasn't as good a Melee. Mostly because of gameplay issues. Metroid never struck as a "must play" series but I guess it counts.

Deep Breath and.......
    Fatal Frame 2
    Shattered Memories(and don't give me that its on PS2 and Vita bull it looked so bad)
    Both Endless Oceans
    Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers
    Skyward Sword
    Resi4(the pointer shooting is make it the definitive version)
    Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles
    MadWorld
    No More Heroes 2
    Sin and Punishment 2
    The Last Story
    Another Code R
    Trauma Center New Blood
    Trauma Team
    Tatsunoko VS Capcom
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Red Steel 2
    Punch Out
    Pandora's Tower
    Disaster: Day of Crisis
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Lost in Shadow
    Marble Saga Kororinpa
    Wario Land: Shake It
    Kirby's Return to Dreamland
    Inazuma Eleven Strikers
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    A Boy and His Blob
    Excite Truck
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(Exclusive as in a different game)
    Zak and Wiki
    Sonic Colors

Tastes may Vary, but you can't deny the Wii didn't get any exclusives. Was tempted to post Go Vacation, but that might have been taking things too far.:P
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Where do you live? I need to move there.
    Just west enough from Washington DC to be in the middle of nowwhere. You don't want to live there.

My good luck actually sprang up from bad luck. I bought a game on sale, then exchanged that same purchase twice.* It mixed up the price calculations enough where I ended up with more store credit than I originally payed. (I payed $3.59 and received $7.10. Metroid Prime was $4.49)

*the first time because I bought the wrong game, the second because the game wasn't in the case

Trauma Team, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Sin and Punishment Star Successor.
    Last edited by Zazie; 13th March 2013 at 4:47 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Ah I made the most perfect bean soup today ever. Can't stop eating it. So good.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    At the time, it was, but recall that now they announced a 3DS port, so it's technically not an exclusive anymore.

DKCR, Fatal Frame and Prime 3 are good arguments, plus virtual console stuff. I got a PS3 a few years ago, mostly for the Ratchet and Clank series (took a comparative nose dive vs. PS2 R&Cs) and BioShock Infinite (then I canceled my preorder, and it turned out my PC would be good enough to run it... and given my objections to their preorder program on Steam, 2K can go get stuffed). Plus it has a few other titles I've picked up, and has its own system of playing old games without having to resort to eBay or crime, and at pretty affordable prices.

Overall, PC's still the best.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    At the time, it was, but recall that now they announced a 3DS port, so it's technically not an exclusive anymore.
    I have short term memory when making lists, so thanks for the correction. Still doesn't change the fact that its a great system.

Edit: I'm buying a PS3 cause its the only system I'm gonna be able to play Drakengard 3 on. **** or not, there's no way in hell I'm not gonna support it.
    BLAH

Prime 3 was a horrible game (in my opinion). The weapons were un-switchable, and hyper mode made the bosses a bit easier. In my eyes, Prime 2 > Prime 1 > Prime 3.
    ~Currently own all gen 6 games, Old-school DS: (4597-0364-2569) New-school/Battlin' DS: (4055-5677-3071), current 6th gen UU record: 56W/0L/4D
    NXT fan, non-OU tier supporter, speed-breeder, and steam enthusiast.
        Spoiler:- Current Gen 6 shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Mye View Post
    The weapons were un-switchable, and hyper mode made the bosses a bit easier. In my eyes, Prime 2 > Prime 1 > Prime 3.
    The weapons were unswitchable because they "stacked" upon each other like most other Metroid games tend to do. In other words, you didn't need both the Plasma Beam and the Power Beam because the Plasma Beam can do everything the Power Beam can do plus more. There's nothing bad about that, it's just a different design from 1 and 2 because each of the beams in that game had a unique purpose and none was truly superior over another in the same way.

Hyper Mode is a more valid complaint, although I typically didn't rely on it too much (usually only for harder bosses or situations where Hyper Mode is mandatory).

DKCR, Fatal Frame and Prime 3 are good arguments, plus virtual console stuff. I got a PS3 a few years ago, mostly for the Ratchet and Clank series (took a comparative nose dive vs. PS2 R&Cs)
    While we're talking about Rachet and Clank PS3 games, even though it's not solely an R&C game, may I just say...

Playstation Move Heroes was one of the most disappointing games in the history of video games. (For me personally, anyway)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    Ah I made the most perfect bean soup today ever. Can't stop eating it. So good.

I ate an apple with some nutella today. It wasn't good.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

The weapons were unswitchable because they "stacked" upon each other like most other Metroid games tend to do. In other words, you didn't need both the Plasma Beam and the Power Beam because the Plasma Beam can do everything the Power Beam can do plus more. There's nothing bad about that, it's just a different design from 1 and 2 because each of the beams in that game had a unique purpose and none was truly superior over another in the same way
    Well, to be sure, you could unequip beams in Super Metroid, but I don't think that's parity for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    While we're talking about Rachet and Clank PS3 games, even though it's not solely an R&C game, may I just say...

Playstation Move Heroes was one of the most disappointing games in the history of video games. (For me personally, anyway)
    I assume you're just counting what you've played, right? Disappointing as it may have been (haven't played it myself), I highly doubt it could beat truly bad games like The Making of a Prophet (whole lotta swearing here). Also not something I've played either, thankfully.

Probably the worst game I've played was one of the old Crave Entertainment "ports" for the old Game Boy/GB Color. Maybe not bad-bad games, but they are horribly dreadful, basically faceless platformers with miniscule content and leeching off of extant and then-popular franchises. That, and I'd consider Final Fantasy XIII pretty horrid of a game.

The usual links

That's because nutella isn't good. Seriously, what is that stuff.

Well, to be sure, you could unequip beams in Super Metroid, but I don't think that's parity for anyone.
    Ah, well I never got the opportunity to play Super Metroid, so I wouldn't know. I want to get it for VC eventually.

But yeah, just about every other Metroid game I've played (which basically amounts to 1, 2 and Fusion) has stacking beam power ups.

IIRC, it's a chocolate and peanut butter spread.

I've tasted it before, it's okay, but I don't like peanuts or peanut butter, so meh.

Ah, well I never got the opportunity to play Super Metroid, so I wouldn't know. I want to get it for VC eventually.

But yeah, just about every other Metroid game I've played (which basically amounts to 1, 2 and Fusion) has stacking beam power ups.
    2 has replacing beams, and I think so does 1 (except the Long Beam). Fusion, though, had standard "stacking" beams. Originally, you were supposed to be able to unequip stuff like Super Metroid, supposedly, but you can't in the final version.

The usual links

2 has replacing beams, and I think so does 1 (except the Long Beam). Fusion, though, had standard "stacking" beams. Originally, you were supposed to be able to unequip stuff like Super Metroid, supposedly, but you can't in the final version.
    Replacing beams are similar in concept, though.

Only difference is that you can go back and get older beams wherever you unlock them.

hazelnut chocolate?

it's delicious, get out
    life is
    a game

Replacing beams are similar in concept, though.

Only difference is that you can go back and get older beams wherever you unlock them.
    Both true. I know there's an area where you can replace your beams in 2 whenever you wish, though it is fairly late on.

The usual links

...................wat
    hehe

Page 1145 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 145104510951135114111421143114411451146114711481149115511951245 ... LastLast