Page 1205 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 205110511551195120112021203120412051206120712081209121512551305 ... LastLast
Results 30,101 to 30,125 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #30101
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Once in a while I go to the city. After being there a few days I start to feel anxious and stressed out. I've always grown up in a rural area with a lot of space to run around. The only city I kind of like is San Francisco, mainly because I was born there and I like the architecture. Some day I wish to see the cities of Europe. I hope they're as nice as I hear about. But, in the end, I'll take redwood forests and mountains any day over city life.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  2. #30102
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boaz, AL
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Once in a while I go to the city. After being there a few days I start to feel anxious and stressed out. I've always grown up in a rural area with a lot of space to run around. The only city I kind of like is San Francisco, mainly because I was born there and I like the architecture. Some day I wish to see the cities of Europe. I hope they're as nice as I hear about. But, in the end, I'll take redwood forests and mountains any day over city life.
    But, in the end, I'll take redwood forests and mountains any day over city life.
    Sounds like me lol

  3. #30103
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Once in a while I go to the city. After being there a few days I start to feel anxious and stressed out. I've always grown up in a rural area with a lot of space to run around. The only city I kind of like is San Francisco, mainly because I was born there and I like the architecture. Some day I wish to see the cities of Europe. I hope they're as nice as I hear about. But, in the end, I'll take redwood forests and mountains any day over city life.
    San Francisco just so happens to be the place I'm moving to.

  4. #30104
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    San Francisco just so happens to be the place I'm moving to.
    Get ready for freezing cold summers then.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  5. #30105
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Get ready for freezing cold summers then.
    Anything is better than the infernal heat and humidity of Houston. Not to mention this city has the most unpredictable weather. One day its sunny, the next its freezing and the next it rains. I'm tired of it.

  6. #30106
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Anything is better than the infernal heat and humidity of Houston. Not to mention this city has the most unpredictable weather. One day its sunny, the next its freezing and the next it rains. I'm tired of it.
    I must say, I would rather have it be too cold than hot. Some days I wouldn't mind if it just rained the whole summer long. It is especially miserable if you walk a lot. The good thing about California though, is that it just gets hot and dry. No humidity.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  7. #30107
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    I must say, I would rather have it be too cold than hot. Some days I wouldn't mind if it just rained the whole summer long. It is especially miserable if you walk a lot. The good thing about California though, is that it just gets hot and dry. No humidity.
    That's sounds like heaven compared to this. And no humidity is great since I like to jog and exercise outdoors.

  8. #30108
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    That's sounds like heaven compared to this. And no humidity is great since I like to jog and exercise outdoors.
    I don't know if hiking and camping is your thing, but if you get the chance, I recommend driving up a couple hours north to see the redwoods. Nothing makes you feel smaller than standing underneath one of these magnificent trees.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  9. #30109
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    I don't know if hiking and camping is your thing, but if you get the chance, I recommend driving up a couple hours north to see the redwoods. Nothing makes you feel smaller than standing underneath one of these magnificent trees.
    I enjoy hiking and camping, here in Texas we go camping all the time.
    However I had a close encounter with a few alligators.

    Thanks for the recommendation

  10. #30110
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I enjoy hiking and camping, here in Texas we go camping all the time.
    However I had a close encounter with a few alligators.

    Thanks for the recommendation
    Well, I hope you enjoy your stay out in California then. Are you here for school/work/finding yourself/etc?

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  11. #30111
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Well, I hope you enjoy your stay out in California then. Are you here for school/work/finding yourself/etc?
    School and then work. And I guess finding myself too.

  12. #30112
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    School and then work. And I guess finding myself too.
    Any particular area of study? I remember it took me a while to find out what I want to do.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  13. #30113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Any particular area of study? I remember it took me a while to find out what I want to do.
    I just noticed we keep quoting ourselves even though we are the only ones in this thread.

    Computer science.

  14. #30114
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I just noticed we keep quoting ourselves even though we are the only ones in this thread.

    Computer science.
    Yes, how stupid we must look. This is what happens when I invite my friend Jack over. He comes all the way from Tennessee you know.

    Computer science sounds pretty interesting. Although, for myself, I think I would go mad if I had to sit at a computer all day (assuming it's not fun related). That's why I picked geology as my major. Looking at rocks all day is something I could do for a living.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  15. #30115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Yes, how stupid we must look. This is what happens when I invite my friend Jack over. He comes all the way from Tennessee you know.

    Computer science sounds pretty interesting. Although, for myself, I think I would go mad if I had to sit at a computer all day (assuming it's not fun related). That's why I picked geology as my major. Looking at rocks all day is something I could do for a living.
    Ah, Mr.Daniels I know him too.

    Geology, I dig that. Nothing better than looking at some basalt.

  16. #30116
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Ah, Mr.Daniels I know him too.

    Geology, I dig that. Nothing better than looking at some basalt.
    Unfortunately though, I still have two more years of requirements to go before I get to the point of starting my major. I must do something exciting in the meantime to make myself feel alive.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  17. #30117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Unfortunately though, I still have two more years of requirements to go before I get to the point of starting my major. I must do something exciting in the meantime to make myself feel alive.
    Ah well that sucks.

    How bout dat cocaine, lol. I'm just kidding.

  18. #30118
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Ah well that sucks.

    How bout dat cocaine, lol. I'm just kidding.
    Hey, nobody's supposed to know about that!

    Nah, the only drug I want to get high on is life! Who needs drugs anyway?

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  19. #30119
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Hey, nobody's supposed to know about that!

    Nah, the only drug I want to get high on is life! Who needs drugs anyway?
    I hear that brother, there is so much to enjoy about life and this wonderful world we live in.

    I live a pretty hectic life and since I live in the city I rarely take a break to just listen to simpler things in life. The other day I decided to go for a walk and it was great. It wasn't that hot or humid and I could hear all the birds chirping away. It was such a calming experience.

  20. #30120
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I hear that brother, there is so much to enjoy about life and this wonderful world we live in.

    I live a pretty hectic life and since I live in the city I rarely take a break to just listen to simpler things in life. The other day I decided to go for a walk and it was great. It wasn't that hot or humid and I could hear all the birds chirping away. It was such a calming experience.
    It does do a great deal of good to slow down. Every day I find myself getting angry at stuff. Really trivial stuff too. And I think "Man, why am I even getting angry over this?" Sometimes I feel like I am going to turn into the Incredible Hulk i'm so mad. I find myself having to take multiple walks in a day.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  21. #30121
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    It does do a great deal of good to slow down. Every day I find myself getting angry at stuff. Really trivial stuff too. And I think "Man, why am I even getting angry over this?" Sometimes I feel like I am going to turn into the Incredible Hulk i'm so mad. I find myself having to take multiple walks in a day.
    I may start doing the same.

  22. #30122
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Well, i ought to retire to bed soon. I must be prepared for my day up in the mountains tomorrow. I will be preparing a ranch for an upcoming man day where we get together to do manly stuff.

    Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

    (Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

  23. #30123
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Well, i ought to retire to bed soon. I must be prepared for my day up in the mountains tomorrow. I will be preparing a ranch for an upcoming man day where we get together to do manly stuff.
    Hmm..... Sounds fun.

    Alright then I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow.

  24. #30124
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    As legit as a Shiny Reshiram
    Posts
    701

    Default

    So uhh, my birthday is tomorrow, but in about 3 hours and 30 minutes I'm having some people over (tomorrow wouldn't have worked out as well)... problem is I don't know how many people are actually going to come (8 at most), and... I don't know what they think of Pokemon despite me being friends with them, so I uhh, had to tidy up my room a bit (not that everything Pokemon is put away... that'd be impossible). I'm not ashamed of liking Pokemon of course, and I've worn some Pokemon shirts around them before, but they never said anything so I don't really know.
    Luckily one of my mom's friends was so kind as to give me $50, which is going straight to (or saved straight to...?) money for X or Y. I want X moreso, but I want Y a bit too because I don't usually try the second version as often... but also my ex-boyfriend wanted me to get Y, so it'd kinda bring some bad memories if I did I'm not even sure which legend I like better now (it was Xerneas before, but now I'm even)
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

  25. #30125
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,091

    Default

    Today is Morgan Freeman's 76th birthday.

Page 1205 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 205110511551195120112021203120412051206120712081209121512551305 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •