Page 1248 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 248114811981238124412451246124712481249125012511252125812981348 ... LastLast
Results 31,176 to 31,200 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #31176
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the lounge View Post
    what makes them so bad in your eyes?
    staying up all night doing nothing but drinking and yelling
    a few people living in dorms have told me this has been happening all week
    I like to live by myself of with people I know really well. Living at home will turn out well for me.

  2. #31177
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I could tell you...
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    staying up all night doing nothing but drinking and yelling
    a few people living in dorms have told me this has been happening all week
    I like to live by myself of with people I know really well. Living at home will turn out well for me.
    That sounds like hell. I would have snapped on them to be honest.

  3. #31178
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    staying up all night doing nothing but drinking and yelling
    a few people living in dorms have told me this has been happening all week
    I like to live by myself of with people I know really well. Living at home will turn out well for me.
    If you can afford it, you really should live on campus and try living a little. I'm not saying get wasted, but put yourself out there and make friends. Otherwise you'll turn out to be that weird kid that no one really wants to talk to.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  4. #31179
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wet.
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    If you guys send me confessions it may take me a day or so to post them at times since I work super early and go to bed super early. My apologies for that!

    Also changing my name irl is the biggest hassle ever. At least I am changing it for a good reason though.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

  5. #31180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    What's the reason?(if it isn't private that is) I couldn't imagine doing that unless I was known by a different name like actors or had a name like Ballsak Tebaghard.

  6. #31181
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Wet.
    Posts
    6,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    What's the reason?(if it isn't private that is) I couldn't imagine doing that unless I was known by a different name like actors or had a name like Ballsak Tebaghard.
    Got married. So really just changing my last name. But still, I have to pay for a new driver's license when I already got one back in January because it expired, I need a new card for SS, I need to notify all my banks, I need new credit/debit cards, new car registration, new title. It's crazy, but worth it. But I'm still going to whine because I am lazy and this is :effort:
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

  7. #31182
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    If they make you do all that stuff, why do so many people change their names when they get married. It sounds like a hassle that a lot of people would probably want to skip.

    Not looking forward to having to change my legal name now. It's enough of a pain in the butt just unofficially changing it.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  8. #31183
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,595

    Default

    I'm sure it wasn't as big of a hassle up until very recently (as far as humanity's timeline is concerned), it's traditional to take the last name of your spouse, so people still like to do it.

    I'm probably not going to change mine, but I also can't even marry so it's not a huge priority anyway.



  9. #31184
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    confession #142 take your dog to the vet god damn i'm sorry his illness is a minor inconvenience for you but make sure the dog is ok
    life is
    a game

  10. #31185
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Got married. So really just changing my last name. But still, I have to pay for a new driver's license when I already got one back in January because it expired, I need a new card for SS, I need to notify all my banks, I need new credit/debit cards, new car registration, new title. It's crazy, but worth it. But I'm still going to whine because I am lazy and this is :effort:
    Holy crap, I always forget that other people on the Internet have lives too, I'm pretty bad with doing that. But anyways, congratulations!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spookz
    I'm probably not going to change mine, but I also can't even marry so it's not a huge priority anyway.
    Blah blah blah that isn't right blah blah blah debate forum.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  11. #31186
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Creeping on your boyfriend
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    staying up all night doing nothing but drinking and yelling
    a few people living in dorms have told me this has been happening all week
    I like to live by myself of with people I know really well. Living at home will turn out well for me.
    oh no, not drinking and partying

    edit: I think that what Kreis is saying has some merit. Also to live with someone you dislike has some merit too because then you know how to cope with that/other people/aren't sheltered

    Star-Lord

  12. #31187
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    oh no, not drinking and partying

    edit: I think that what Kreis is saying has some merit. Also to live with someone you dislike has some merit too because then you know how to cope with that/other people/aren't sheltered
    i'm pretty sure the negatives outweigh what little merit there is to living with someone you dislike

  13. #31188
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    If you can afford it, you really should live on campus and try living a little. I'm not saying get wasted, but put yourself out there and make friends. Otherwise you'll turn out to be that weird kid that no one really wants to talk to.
    I have to admit thats some good piece of advice you gave there.

    Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

  14. #31189
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    10,359

    Default

    ehh. living with someone you dislike can be a great learning experience for sure as long as it's not too terrible. like for example my soph year roommate who i didnt like i would say it was good bc i learned to deal with her **** without going insane. someone like my jr year roommate tho.. shes just insane and youre better off without that kind of experience.

    but yea. living on campus is good. there will pretty much never be another time in your life when you will be so close with so many other people and be able to make friends as easily. hell i regret not living in the dorms even tho i did live on campus, just in apartments instead.

    be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  15. #31190
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    the world, dahhhhhhling!
    Posts
    30

    Default

    i can't wait to move into my dorm tbh. they're going to walk in, immediately see messiah carey's lovely ethereal beauty posing right at them and immediately about face to make sure they're not living with this nut. but i plan on being friendly, nice and accommodating. my only fear so far is that i have a lot of local friends and i don't necessarily want to overwhelm them with an already pretty bustling social life. i don't want to be that fool keeps people up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    ehh. living with someone you dislike can be a great learning experience for sure as long as it's not too terrible. like for example my soph year roommate who i didnt like i would say it was good bc i learned to deal with her **** without going insane. someone like my jr year roommate tho.. shes just insane and youre better off without that kind of experience.

    but yea. living on campus is good. there will pretty much never be another time in your life when you will be so close with so many other people and be able to make friends as easily. hell i regret not living in the dorms even tho i did live on campus, just in apartments instead.
    girl, omg you can't just drop vague deets like this and leave me hanging. i live for the applause roommate horror stories. totally in your right if you don't wanna share some, but the way you describe your junior roommate just. omg. just how insane was she? i had a dorm mate briefly that was ... idk. a vampire tbh. he was up at the exact opposite hours i was up, rarely talked, and spend most of his time brooding with people, silently typing away at his computer with a blank look on his face or reading robert frost poems. it always unsettled me and, despite my initial attempts to converse with him, he didn't actually reply to anything beyond a sentence or expression until two weeks later where he asked to borrow my shampoo because he ran out.

    and i never saw him or that shampoo again cause he switched in with one of his bloodnectardrinking friends, i guess. more power to him but god damn it do i miss my waterfall collections.

    Quote Originally Posted by jb
    i'm pretty sure the negatives outweigh what little merit there is to living with someone you dislike
    there's a lot of merit even if it does come with a lot of negatives. sometimes you learn the most about yourself and how to deal with situations that will come up (that you dislike) by interacting with people that annoy the hell out of you.

  16. #31191
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Creeping on your boyfriend
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i'm pretty sure the negatives outweigh what little merit there is to living with someone you dislike
    Social and coping skills?

    nah. Believe me I'd love to live by myself but I'm using uni as a tool to branch myself out there as well so **** it lol

    Star-Lord

  17. #31192
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    If you can afford it, you really should live on campus and try living a little. I'm not saying get wasted, but put yourself out there and make friends. Otherwise you'll turn out to be that weird kid that no one really wants to talk to.
    I can't really afford it. Well I could but my parents refuse to pay for on campus living.
    I will go to parties and ****, I'll get involved in the university I just won't have to live with living in the dorms. I don't wanna be that weirdo who seals himself off from everyone lol

  18. #31193
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    Honestly It's probably a bit better to commute to school if possible. It is really fun to live on campus, but it can double your tuition. Having a ****-ton more debt isn't exactly great, especially with all the issues of education costs these days.

    I know on my campus there isn't even much of a social reason to live on campus. The place is dead on the weekends and a ton of people commute anyway.They are trying to be a more residential campus , but it doesn't help that it has booted out a lot of people who they promised housing. You can probably have the same amount of a social life without needing to pay the insane costs for housing.

    So it also depends on the kind of school you go to. The divide between residential students and commuter studentscan effect how much of a social hit you take by living off campus, if any.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  19. #31194
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Lots of advice by extroverts for extroverts. There's a whole 'nother way of relating to the world.

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  20. #31195
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Blah blah blah that isn't right blah blah blah debate forum.
    Realized that this could have been taken completely the wrong way from what I was intending it to mean, apologies.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  21. #31196
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Creeping on your boyfriend
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Lots of advice by extroverts for extroverts. There's a whole 'nother way of relating to the world.
    I've gotta be the most introverted person ever if you're talking bout me.

    I'm just trying to use it as an opportunity to step out of my comfort zone.

    Star-Lord

  22. #31197
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I meant more of a general you.
    Lol okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Got married. So really just changing my last name. But still, I have to pay for a new driver's license when I already got one back in January because it expired, I need a new card for SS, I need to notify all my banks, I need new credit/debit cards, new car registration, new title. It's crazy, but worth it. But I'm still going to whine because I am lazy and this is :effort:
    My mom kept her name since she got promoted to another high position in her job right as she got married. She's been married for 18 years now, and she still keeps her maiden name.
    <Signature in Progress>

    Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

  23. #31198
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Social and coping skills?

    nah. Believe me I'd love to live by myself but I'm using uni as a tool to branch myself out there as well so **** it lol
    oh yeah it's cool and all. it even sounds good in theory. but in practice i don't think i'd could put up with terrible behavior just to gain some coping skills. like, i can deal with quite a bit, but if i got a room with someone that snores massively loud or talks to themselves out loud daily, i'd be a little on edge

  24. #31199
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a pinapple under the sea
    Posts
    512

    Default

    I lied the other day, this puppy is the best thing to ever happen to me he's so cute and little and he sleeps on my feet when I sit on the couch.

  25. #31200
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    oh yeah it's cool and all. it even sounds good in theory. but in practice i don't think i'd could put up with terrible behavior just to gain some coping skills. like, i can deal with quite a bit, but if i got a room with someone that snores massively loud or talks to themselves out loud daily, i'd be a little on edge
    I think it also kind of depends on how the housing department handles roommate selection too. If it's totally random, it's basically luck of the draw. The college I went to had everyone fill out a survey about general behaviors and then matched people up based on that. My roommate and I got along just fine. She talked in her sleep sometimes and occasionally ate some of my food without asking, but we never had any major issues. I'm sure most place would allow you to request a change if you absolutely cannot tolerate your roommate.

Page 1248 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 248114811981238124412451246124712481249125012511252125812981348 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •