Page 1403 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 403130313531393139914001401140214031404140514061407141314531503 ... LastLast
Results 35,051 to 35,075 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's exactly like the northern part of your own country. Just so happens that the majority of our country is quite close to the North Pole. None of those regions are really densely populated.
    Oh wow cool! Hah see what I did there. ;p But I did not know that! So are there like, ANY areas in Canada that are warm?
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrus View Post
    Oh wow cool! Hah see what I did there. ;p But I did not know that! So are there like, ANY areas in Canada that are warm?
    Yes, again, the entire southern half of our country is nearly identical in climate to the northern half of the States. You have a number of states that touch our country directly. It's not like you cross the border and suddenly "OH **** A BLIZZARD."

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yes, again, the entire southern half of our country is nearly identical in climate to the northern half of the States. You have a number of states that touch our country directly. It's not like you cross the border and suddenly "OH **** A BLIZZARD."
    As someone who lives in Michigan, I can attest to this. XP
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Ha, ha well that's fair enough. XD I'd love to go see it, I really would among other places like Italy.
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

i've never understood why americans only seem to want to travel to mexico, canada, the us or hawaii. there's more to the world than north america (though i do want to go back heh)

i need to get to switzerland and greece sometime
    life is
    a game

I'd like to visit England, Sweden, Italy, or Denmark.~

Your post basically says that they want to "travel" across their own couple of continents. LOL.

~Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner~

Did you go during the winter?
    I went for spring break, so it was either the end of March or the beginning of April, but I have a feeling it was the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    As someone who lives in Michigan, I can attest to this. XP
    That's the thing, though. The weather in Michigan and Canada may be the same, but it's still much colder than, say, New Jersey. I'm more of a tropical enthusiast, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i've never understood why americans only seem to want to travel to mexico, canada, the us or hawaii. there's more to the world than north america (though i do want to go back heh)

Well this obviously was said because of my mentioning of Mexico. I only mentioned that country because I was comparing the nations that bordered the U.S. I would absolutely love to visit Europe and Asia, and the friendly parts of Africa and Australia. However, those trips are usually more expensive. Aside from Canada, I've also been to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and cool places in the U.S. such as Williamsburg and Orlando.

EDIT: Hawaii isn't part of North America btw. I'm pretty sure it's closer to Japan than to the U.S. (but don't take my word on it).
    Last edited by flamebeam; 14th January 2014 at 2:54 AM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    EDIT: Hawaii isn't part of North America btw. I'm pretty sure it's closer to Japan than to the U.S. (but don't take my word on it).
    i'm aware but it's still 'safe' and domestic for americans.

also are there unfriendly parts of australia? i wasn't aware
    life is
    a game

EDIT: Hawaii isn't part of North America btw.
    Hawaii is a US state. It's part of North America

Hawaii's distance from California: 2390 miles
    Hawaii's distance from Japan: 3850 miles
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Marill's being a ***** to breed. 40 eggs with a 3 IV and 4 IV parents and still none with a 31 hp and attack.

Yeah, I never got that either. I personally would love to see Japan, Greece and Britan, but that's just me.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'm not really one for travelling, but I have zero interest travelling anywhere else in North America. Greece would be really cool.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I wouldn't mind visiting Europe or Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

In Georgia (the state), people are freaking out over a 30% chance... of flurries. I wish to visit up north, since I've never experienced hardcore winter :c
    Latest Shiny (11/27/14)
    Obtained via: Soft Reset
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Continents are determined by physical markers, not political ones. Hawaii is in the middle of the Pacific ocean on a seperate continental plate from either North America or Asia.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

also are there unfriendly parts of australia? i wasn't aware
    I may have jumped to conclusions. I was thinking about how the place used to be where the British would drop off exiles, but apparently it's a nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If you define a continent politically then yes, but frankly that doesn't make any sense to me. If you think about it by the tectonic plates, then it's part of Oceania, but geographically it's in the middle of the Pacific so it's not really part of any continent.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    Hawaii's distance from California: 2390 miles
    Hawaii's distance from Japan: 3850 miles
    Well I did say not to take my word for it

Credit to Brutaka

What's up losers. Welcome to my domain.

loljk mods please dont eat my soul

Anyway, US geography: Australia's fine, deal with it Americans are stupid, and Hawaii's weird
    Last edited by Monek_OP; 14th January 2014 at 7:41 AM.
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    deal with it Americans are stupid
    that location on your profile tho o_O

Credit to Brutaka

... point still stands
    font size one

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Marill's being a ***** to breed. 40 eggs with a 3 IV and 4 IV parents and still none with a 31 hp and attack.
    I have that problem now and then tbh. XD Thank the lord I at least get 'round about the Relatively Superior mark usually.

I may have jumped to conclusions. I was thinking about how the place used to be where the British would drop off exiles, but apparently it's a nice place.
    You realize how long ago that was, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Monek_OP View Post
    What's up losers. Welcome to my domain.

loljk mods please dont eat my soul

Anyway, US geography: Australia's fine, deal with it Americans are stupid, and Hawaii's weird
    every country has its fair share of unintelligent folk
    who knows you could be in that particular demographic!!!

Considerably cheaper to fly to and still exotic enough to feel like a vacation. There's also the deep-seeded culture of isolationism.

I don't agree with it, but that's what seem to be the main reasons for many Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle King View Post
    In Georgia (the state), people are freaking out over a 30% chance... of flurries. I wish to visit up north, since I've never experienced hardcore winter :c
    Well, if you live in Georgia I'm pretty confident you've never even experienced a regular winter.

You should avoid going out west, then. I hear there is a huge problem with small pox and Indian raids.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

You realize how long ago that was, right?
    Yeah but when the Spanish armada was defeated by England, some of them escaped by docking at Ireland and settling down there, and to this day you can trace Spaniard routes in some Irish folk. I know that's an ethnic example, but there's other cases like that in history. I took a hunch that maybe it was the case with Australia but after doing some research it looks like the biggest threat is the wildlife and not the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    You should avoid going out west, then. I hear there is a huge problem with small pox and Indian raids.
    Yeah during my mini-research of Australia, I learned that most of the population is concentrated in the eastern half, and with what you said, I guess that would be the region to tour.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 14th January 2014 at 8:15 PM.

Credit to Brutaka

Page 1403 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 403130313531393139914001401140214031404140514061407141314531503 ... LastLast