Page 1448 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 44813481398143814441445144614471448144914501451145214581498 ... LastLast
Results 36,176 to 36,200 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I listen to a little bit of everything. I like Rock/Metal a lot more though. I like some hip hop....Mostly just the 90's stuff.

I would share who I think is the best band out today, but i'm sure people will attack me for my opinion so i'm just gonna keep it to myself lol.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I'm guessing you hate Eminem. Well it's your opinion after all lol.

Notice, I didn't say greatest rapper of all time btw so nobody twist what I said. I just think he's the best today. In today's era of rap....
    I never said I hated Eminem. I like some of his songs, but he definitely is not the best rapper of today's era. Hell, he's hardly even relevant anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a big rap fan either. *Goes and plays Georgia on My Mind on piano*
    When did I say I wasn't a fan of rap?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I never said I hated Eminem. I like some of his songs, but he definitely is not the best rapper of today's era. Hell, he's hardly even relevant anymore.

Eminems not relevant? Lol ok....Who's the best in today's era then? 2 Chainz, Soldier Boy, Lil B? Lmao.

1693 1038 1902

Eminems not relevant? Lol ok....Who's the best in today's era then? 2 Chainz, Soldier Boy, Lil B? Lmao.
    Not some generic white guy, that's for damn sure. When was the last time anyone listened to Soulja Boy? 2009? You're just naming off rappers they play on pop stations. lol

Not some generic white guy, that's for damn sure. When was the last time anyone listened to Soulja Boy? 2009? You're just naming off rappers they play on pop stations. lol
    Lol some generic white guy? Lmao.

I dislike Soldier Boy...He's garbage, but some fans still enjoy his music. I still wanna know who you think the best rapper in today's era of rap is. Don't worry even if I disagree with your opinion I won't hate on you or anything lol. I'm actually really curious to know.

1693 1038 1902

I would share who I think is the best band out today, but i'm sure people will attack me for my opinion so i'm just gonna keep it to myself lol.
    I probably wouldn't be able to name most current bands, let a lone which one I like the most.

When did I say I wasn't a fan of rap?
    Ah, sorry, misread that.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Lol some generic white guy? Lmao.
    He's p generic, lbr

I dislike Soldier Boy...He's garbage, but some fans still enjoy his music. I still wanna know who you think the best rapper in today's era of rap is. Don't worry even if I disagree with your opinion I won't hate on you or anything lol. I'm actually really curious to know.
    I've never been a fan of Soulja Boy so I can't really comment on that too much. And I think it's hard to name the "best" in any genre, especially one as diverse as rap. And how would you measure best? If you're going by most successful in the mainstream, Jay Z and Kanye still manage stay on top (even if Kanye's gotten a lot of hate over the past couple years). Dunno if I'd call them my favorites, but they've been pretty dominant in the mainstream rap industry for years.

If I was pretty good with a Guitar I wouldn't mind joining a band. I'm good at Guitar Hero but that doesn't count lol. Playing a real Guitar takes skill imo.

1693 1038 1902

Esoteric, MF DOOM and Phora are some of the best rappers right now. that being said

Eminem is hardly generic, lyrically he's one best on the mainstream scene and his flow really goes in hard, yet its easy to listen too

he isn't the best though

I've never been a fan of Soulja Boy so I can't really comment on that too much. And I think it's hard to name the "best" in any genre, especially one as diverse as rap. And how would you measure best? If you're going by most successful in the mainstream, Jay Z and Kanye still manage stay on top (even if Kanye's gotten a lot of hate over the past couple years). Dunno if I'd call them my favorites, but they've been pretty dominant in the mainstream rap industry for years.
    I've listened to a lot of Soldier Boys music (in the past) just to see how I liked it, and it's not good imo. I always listen to a rappers music before I form a opinion. I don't just listen to one song and form a opinion on a rapper. Some people are like that though lol. They hear one song and there like "oh god that rappers garbage."

I meant best as in "most successful in the mainstream" I should've been more specific in my last post, but you answered my question so thank you lol. I agree with what you said. Jay Z and Kanye are very relevant in today's era, and they've managed to stay on top. IMO Kendrick Lamar is really rising up. I'm definitely a fan of him.

1693 1038 1902

I'm guessing you hate Eminem. Well it's your opinion after all lol.

Notice, I didn't say greatest rapper of all time btw so nobody twist what I said. I just think he's the best today. In today's era of rap....
    I think what you meant to say was "so don't get it twisted." learn2street

In all seriousness just like what you like and don't let any criticisms get to you. I mean, Misc. is at least 50% troll.

As for who's on top, well I wanna throw Macklemore into the convo because he practically owned 2013 in radio and he won the Grammy for it, but I think the hardcore rock fans don't really accept him as part of the genre even though he knows how to spit a verse. Kendrick Lamar, Kanye, Jay-Z, and Drake are also chart-toppers. But then there's underground rap, which is a whole different world, with generally better substance.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Eminem's lyrics were pretty good back in the day (like early 2000s) but I think they've really lost quality in recent years tbh. (That's not even getting into all the problematic shit in a lot of his lyrics...) Like I said, I don't hate him, but I definitely don't think he's the best, not even when it comes to mainstream rap.

Edit: This was in response to Jb's post since I was too lazy to quote it lol
    Edit2: If we start talking about Macklemore, I'm gonna have to leave the conversation because lmaoooo

If I was pretty good with a Guitar I wouldn't mind joining a band. I'm good at Guitar Hero but that doesn't count lol. Playing a real Guitar takes skill imo.
    It's a lot easier to play than it seems. I mean playing really well is still tough but it's not that difficult to get to the point where you can actually say you play.

I wish I could start a band but I don't have the cash for decent gear, nor do I know anyone to collaborate with. (because I sure as hell can't carry a performance all by myself)

I don't know much about current rap music, my reference pool is mostly alternative/indie rappers from 10-20 years ago. And that's mostly passing familiarity. There's a huge unwritten backlog of music I need to dig deeper into, but I just never get around to doing so. I've got decades of older bands to catch up on plus keeping track of what's new. It's not an easy task.
    Last edited by Zazie; 11th February 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I don't know what any of you are talking about. Gucci Mane is clearly the best rapper of all time.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I don't know what any of you are talking about. Gucci Mane is clearly the best rapper of all time.
    Actual Rap Culture discussion itt

yall cannot deny that future spits the hoodest shit in the game

Canada are on fire in the Olympics.....

I am happy to see that but I am really Italian and moved to Canada

Italy is not doing so well.

I have no interest in rap or pop music anymore. I love music without the lyrics, to be honest.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Wait we are talking about Rap well now I have to post here again.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Eminem's lyrics were pretty good back in the day (like early 2000s) but I think they've really lost quality in recent years tbh. (That's not even getting into all the problematic shit in a lot of his lyrics...) Like I said, I don't hate him, but I definitely don't think he's the best, not even when it comes to mainstream rap.
    I pretty much agree. I thought Recovery was pretty good and I thought it was a nice change how his music at least used to deal with actual issues like Toy Soldiers or Mockingbird, then he did a music video for Call of Duty and Rap God existed and that kind of went out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Canada are on fire in the Olympics.....

I am happy to see that but I am really Italian and moved to Canada

Italy is not doing so well.
    wow. who would have thought that canada would do well. in the winter olympics. congrats to their 220 man team. colour me surprised
    life is
    a game

music, like all art, is for communists and various other thoughtcriminals
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I pretty much agree. I thought Recovery was pretty good and I thought it was a nice change how his music at least used to deal with actual issues like Toy Soldiers or Mockingbird, then he did a music video for Call of Duty and Rap God existed and that kind of went out the window.
    But Rap God is so catchy.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

My favorite rapper is Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    My favorite rapper is Pitbull
    Pitbull's terrible music is a guilty pleasure of mine, ngl.

Page 1448 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 44813481398143814441445144614471448144914501451145214581498 ... LastLast