Page 1458 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 45813581408144814541455145614571458145914601461146214681508 ... LastLast
Results 36,426 to 36,450 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I mean if anyone was actually interested in beating Pokemon rather than just being entertained they probably would have just played Pokemon via a Game Boy or VBA instead of through twitch.
    But this is like a giant team of players, and there's something enticing about mass cooperation, like you're a tiny fragment of a large goal, which is why the people trying to beat the game have made strategies that you can find easily on the web (they don't always work, like the Vaporeon/Flareon tragedy, but the fact that it was attempted and close to succeeded is quite remarkable). Then there's the trolls, whom you love or hate, but nonetheless they are there to stop this game from completion, so it gives the triers an outstanding challenge that is affectively rewarding. As for my final point, lots of memes have surfaced from this game that was introduced just 6 days ago, such as the godly Helix Fossil, the devilish Flareon, the uncuttable Cut tree, etc., so again it feels like you're part of something that's current and in-the-making. So if you consider the large quantity of people involved in this game, the mini-culture it has produced, and the short span of time it has existed, it really is something to marvel at from a sociological perspective, which I think is what the anonymous creator intended. It's a social experiment, and there wouldn't be much of a point if there wasn't a goal to beat the game. It's not at all like playing Pokemon Red by yourself. But for the sake of time, the democracy system had to be implemented so that the game's running length could fit into a reasonable time frame, as opposed to, say, a year.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

The men's Russian national hockey team has been eliminated from the Olympics. U mad Putin?

Putin will now proceed to incarcerate the entire men's Russian national hockey team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    The men's Russian national hockey team has been eliminated from the Olympics. U mad Putin?

Putin will now proceed to incarcerate the entire men's Russian national hockey team.
    Feel bad for Datsyuk. He played well as he always does.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

We had a game against Latvia that was far too close. Had we been eliminated by Latvia I likely would have cried.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

why can't you hide posts you have liked from friends on facebook

That is like such a basic thing to have why does this website not have it

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    why can't you hide posts you have liked from friends on facebook

That is like such a basic thing to have why does this website not have it
    How do you even know what shows up in your friend's news feeds? Apparently some of my posts from my AP Bio group ended up in friends' news feed and that really concerned me because... I had quite the potty mouth in that group

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    We had a game against Latvia that was far too close. Had we been elimineted by Latvia I likely would have cried.
    US-Canada semifinal for both men and women.

Although I'm more interested in the women's match between Canada and the US, they seem to be a lot more competitive than the men.

Edit: I meant Final for the women's match. Canada beat the US on the women's side. I don't mind Canada winning gold in the winter Olympics, this is their forté after all. We always win gold in the regular Olympics anyway.

It was a ridiculously good match though.

The Men's semifinal should prove interesting as well.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 20th February 2014 at 9:03 PM.

US-Canada semifinal for both men and women.

Although I'm more interested in the women's match between Canada qnd the US, they seem to be a lot more competitive than the men.
    Really? I think it's the opposite. The men's games are a lot more intense. Testosterone etc. The women's games have all seemed slightly slower paced, part of this is the fact that they're not allowed to hit, which is a silly rule.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Really? I think it's the opposite. The men's games are a lot more intense. Testosterone etc. The women's games have all seemed slightly slower paced, part of this is the fact that they're not allowed to hit, which is a silly rule.
    I don't get why they're not allowed to check in women's hockey. It's not like they're more likely to get hurt than men. They're still pretty aggressive, though. As far as the men's game goes, I'd be cool with either one winning. I feel like I cheer for the Canadian teams about as much as the U.S. teams these Olympics. But I do feel obligated to want the U.S. to win, not just because it's my country but also because I'm from St. Louis and it would be a sin not to cheer for TJ Oshie.

Edit: Canadian ladies killed it. Haha
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 20th February 2014 at 8:55 PM.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GG Canada. USA choked big time. We played to not lose when we should've been playing to win in the final 3 minutes of regulation.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I feel the US-Canadian rivalry is more intense with the Women so it makes it a much more exciting match.

Not to say that there isn't an intense rivalry between the men.

Canada rules

Looking forward to tomorrow's game

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Canada rules

Looking forward to tomorrow's game
    The US men winning tomorrow will be the only thing that can take away the pain of losing the gold medal today.

But if the US men lose tomorrow, then.. LOL HOCKEY WE DON'T LIKE IT HERE ANYWAYS.

No seriously though, it's really going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I don't get why they're not allowed to check in women's hockey. It's not like they're more likely to get hurt than men. They're still pretty aggressive, though. As far as the men's game goes, I'd be cool with either one winning. I feel like I cheer for the Canadian teams about as much as the U.S. teams these Olympics. But I do feel obligated to want the U.S. to win, not just because it's my country but also because I'm from St. Louis and it would be a sin not to cheer for TJ Oshie.

Edit: Canadian ladies killed it. Haha
    Yeah, I don't understand the difference in rules there. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    The US men winning tomorrow will be the only thing that can take away the pain of losing the gold medal today.

But if the US men lose tomorrow, then.. LOL HOCKEY WE DON'T LIKE IT HERE ANYWAYS.

No seriously though, it's really going to suck.
    If we lose to you guys tomorrow I will be incredibly ashamed, if we don't have hockey, what do we have? The only other thing we've got is that we're one of the largest, if not the largest, exporter of wood. I don't want to be known for that.

The women's win was incredible to watch, though. We were at work and pretty much all our staff and customers were gathered around our monitors where we had it playing.

Well you do have curling. Something that the US has sucked at for several years now.

Curling, right up there with golf for most boring sport to watch ever. Also something I don't want to be known for.

Curling, right up there with golf for most boring sport to watch ever
    I don't know, curling can get pretty intense
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    intensely boring
    Dude its like shuffleboard on ice, I like watching it
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I don't quite understand curling but it's kind of interesting to watch.

I don't quite understand curling but it's kind of interesting to watch.
    Basically: you get points awarded based on how close your rocks are to the centre of the ring, and you want to prevent your opponent from getting rocks into the ring, or knock your opponents rocks out of the ring.

Curling, right up there with golf for most boring sport to watch ever. Also something I don't want to be known for.
    Agreed, I like to play golf, but watching it is extremely boring.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I don't even like to play golf. Watching it is akin to torture.

On a somewhat unrelated note (but relevant to conversations about boring things), I don't know how people have the patience to breed for shinies. I'm so bored of hatching eggs...

I don't know how people have the patience to breed for shinies.
    git gud
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    "i have claimed metagross. this means nothing. but if you search the really long thread you will see. Metagross accompanying my name." - BritishLanguage

I don't even like to play golf. Watching it is akin to torture.

On a somewhat unrelated note (but relevant to conversations about boring things), I don't know how people have the patience to breed for shinies. I'm so bored of hatching eggs...
    Amen to that; breeding for the right Nature ALONE can be terrifyingly long let alone THOSE chances.

I hear the Charm helps at least.
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

Page 1458 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 45813581408144814541455145614571458145914601461146214681508 ... LastLast