Page 1496 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 4961396144614861492149314941495149614971498149915001506 ... LastLast
Results 37,376 to 37,400 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #37376
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Hide and seek is boring anyway. Tip the can is my number one childhood game.
    We played a game called kick the can that I'm assuming is identical. Lot of fun.

    And we never played just hide and seek, they were just hide and seek games. Manhunt, hide and go seek tag elimination, another game similar to kick the can but with a telephone poll. Capture the flag occasionally as well.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #37377
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    My nieces have discovered hide and seek. Their skill at hiding involves getting behind the couch and giggling a lot and loudly while the adult who was dragooned into playing pretends not to hear them while slowly searching the rest of the room.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

    3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

    My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.


    Maeder's TV show/movie references starting 02-12-14: 20+

  3. #37378
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    We played a game called kick the can that I'm assuming is identical. Lot of fun.

    And we never played just hide and seek, they were just hide and seek games. Manhunt, hide and go seek tag elimination, another game similar to kick the can but with a telephone poll. Capture the flag occasionally as well.
    I love hide and seek type games. Manhunt is always fun. We also played a game called Monster, which is kind of like reverse hide and seek. And sardines, which was always ridiculous but fun.

  4. #37379
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Oh my goodness gracious manhunt is better than sex

  5. #37380
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I love hide and seek type games. Manhunt is always fun. We also played a game called Monster, which is kind of like reverse hide and seek. And sardines, which was always ridiculous but fun.
    What are those like?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Oh my goodness gracious manhunt is better than sex
    I feel like I'm the only one who never played manhunt. My friends and I stuck to Hide and Seek Tag...

  6. #37381
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Oh my goodness gracious manhunt is better than sex
    You're doing something wrong then.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

    3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

    My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.


    Maeder's TV show/movie references starting 02-12-14: 20+

  7. #37382
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    You're doing something wrong then.
    No i'm not manhunt is ****ing incredible don't lie

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who never played manhunt. My friends and I stuck to Hide and Seek Tag...
    feels like it's pretty close

  8. #37383
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I love hide and seek type games. Manhunt is always fun. We also played a game called Monster, which is kind of like reverse hide and seek. And sardines, which was always ridiculous but fun.
    Yeah we played sardines as well!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who never played manhunt. My friends and I stuck to Hide and Seek Tag...
    You were so close...


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #37384
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    What are those like?
    Monster is where you have a home base (usually something big that everyone can fit on like a porch or a playset) and one person (the Monster) goes and hides. The goal is to find where the Monster is hiding and when you do, you yell "MONSTER!" and everyone goes running like crazy back to the base before the Monster can tag them. Best played in the woods where there are lots of hiding places and room to run.

    Sardines is where one person goes and hides and then when you find the hiding person, you hide with them in that spot (so you're packed together there like sardines) and the last person to find the group hiding spot is "it" next round.

    These are best both played with large groups (Monster is also fun if you have 2-3 Monsters that jump out of hiding when the first one is found and the alarm is raised, but it depends on the size of the group). We played these a lot when I was in my church's youth group as a teenager. I wish it was more acceptable for adults to play games.

  10. #37385
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,021

    Default

    I loved sardines, it was always funny to see one person left wandering around by themselves. Don't think I've ever heard of manhunt though, unless we called it something else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs
    Capture the flag
    We played that a couple of times too but it always ended in loads of arguments. Wish it hadn't, it was tons of fun to play.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 4th March 2014 at 11:25 PM.

  11. #37386
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Monster is where you have a home base (usually something big that everyone can fit on like a porch or a playset) and one person (the Monster) goes and hides. The goal is to find where the Monster is hiding and when you do, you yell "MONSTER!" and everyone goes running like crazy back to the base before the Monster can tag them. Best played in the woods where there are lots of hiding places and room to run.

    Sardines is where one person goes and hides and then when you find the hiding person, you hide with them in that spot (so you're packed together there like sardines) and the last person to find the group hiding spot is "it" next round.

    These are best both played with large groups (Monster is also fun if you have 2-3 Monsters that jump out of hiding when the first one is found and the alarm is raised, but it depends on the size of the group). We played these a lot when I was in my church's youth group as a teenager. I wish it was more acceptable for adults to play games.
    Oooh. I've played Monster as well, then. We just called it Bloody Murder, instead of a monster hiding it was a murderer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I loved sardines, it was always funny to see one person left wandering around by themselves. Don't think I've ever heard of manhunt though, unless we called it something else.
    It's basically team-based hide and seek tag. The goal is for the hiding team to have all their players make it to the base without getting caught.

    We played that a couple of times too but it always ended in loads of arguments. Wish it hadn't, it was tons of fun to play.
    I love capture the flag.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #37387
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    The only time I've played capture the flag outside of gym class was when we'd play it in our woods with paintball guns. XD

  13. #37388
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Swagikarp Village
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Everyone always ignored my presence when I played capture the flag in gym...it lead to a lot of easy captures.
    Click the dragons & Eggs
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.


  14. #37389
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I love capture the flag.
    I liked it because it was so strategy based, but our rules were really unorganised so people started doing stuff like hiding their flag up trees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    The only time I've played capture the flag outside of gym class was when we'd play it in our woods with paintball guns. XD
    You played it for your gym class? All we ever played was football.

    And that sounds really fun btw, I love paintball. I really want to go again.

  15. #37390
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    I played capture the flag in gym class all the time in elementary.

  16. #37391
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    I liked it because it was so strategy based, but our rules were really unorganised so people started doing stuff like hiding their flag up trees.


    You played it for your gym class? All we ever played was football.
    Nothing wrong with hiding the flag in a tree.

    We played it in gym class as well, that and dodgeball were my favourite gym games. Soccer baseball close third.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #37392
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    You played it for your gym class? All we ever played was football.

    And that sounds really fun btw, I love paintball. I really want to go again.
    Yeah, we played stuff like capture the flag in middle school.

    I like paintball a lot but I haven't played it in years. We were really mean, though. We have a huge open field for a backyard surrounded by a couple of acres of woods. So when someone would come over to play paintball with us and they'd never played before, we told them it was tradition that they run across the field and let us shoot them so they knew what it felt like to get hit before we played. In reality, we were just being assholes and wanted an excuse to shoot at them without letting them have any cover. lmao

  18. #37393
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Monster is where you have a home base (usually something big that everyone can fit on like a porch or a playset) and one person (the Monster) goes and hides. The goal is to find where the Monster is hiding and when you do, you yell "MONSTER!" and everyone goes running like crazy back to the base before the Monster can tag them. Best played in the woods where there are lots of hiding places and room to run.

    Sardines is where one person goes and hides and then when you find the hiding person, you hide with them in that spot (so you're packed together there like sardines) and the last person to find the group hiding spot is "it" next round.

    These are best both played with large groups (Monster is also fun if you have 2-3 Monsters that jump out of hiding when the first one is found and the alarm is raised, but it depends on the size of the group). We played these a lot when I was in my church's youth group as a teenager. I wish it was more acceptable for adults to play games.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    Has anyone ever played freeze tag? Where if you get tagged, you freeze up and you have to have someone crawl between your legs to get unfrozen?

  19. #37394
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Swagikarp Village
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Yes...awkward stuff...
    Click the dragons & Eggs
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.


  20. #37395
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    Has anyone ever played freeze tag? Where if you get tagged, you freeze up and you have to have someone crawl between your legs to get unfrozen?
    We played that in gym a lot in grade school. I remember one time we played in high school and it was hilarious. I think our gym teacher regretted it afterward.

  21. #37396
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    We played that in gym a lot in grade school. I remember one time we played in high school and it was hilarious. I think our gym teacher regretted it afterward.
    I can only imagine XD

    Hands down though, the absolute best game to play is Dodge Ball. That is fun, especially since I'm usually one of the last ones to get out every time.

    I injured my foot and tore a muscle playing it, but its still one of my favorite games to play.

  22. #37397
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ash X Zelphy :3
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

    Has anyone ever played freeze tag? Where if you get tagged, you freeze up and you have to have someone crawl between your legs to get unfrozen?
    As a child we actually only just made it where we had to touch the other person to unfreeze them... Not crawl between there legs... xD Also we made it where there was like a base too I believe. This stuff was like a long time ago so I can't completely remember... xD

  23. #37398
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wherever *****s go
    Posts
    5,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Yeah, we played stuff like capture the flag in middle school.

    I like paintball a lot but I haven't played it in years. We were really mean, though. We have a huge open field for a backyard surrounded by a couple of acres of woods. So when someone would come over to play paintball with us and they'd never played before, we told them it was tradition that they run across the field and let us shoot them so they knew what it felt like to get hit before we played. In reality, we were just being assholes and wanted an excuse to shoot at them without letting them have any cover. lmao
    Ahahahaha, that's so horrible. I've only ever been once but I really enjoyed it, I definitely need to go again. Little bit jealous of the woodland too, I love that sort of scenery. I'm pretty much just surrounded by fields.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Has anyone ever played freeze tag? Where if you get tagged, you freeze up and you have to have someone crawl between your legs to get unfrozen?
    I think I remember playing it when I was in primary school at some point.

  24. #37399
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphon View Post
    So what within the context of general chat qualifies as a "good post" and a "shitty post" ( ._.)

    Canada...I'm coming for you -_-

    (that was a legit question tho :c)
    I am not the spokesperson for the rest of this thread but if I was to take a wild guess:

    Posting for the sake of posting probably gets on people's nerves. This includes, responding to every other post in thread regardless of whether you have anything relevant to say, or posting just to keep constant activity in the thread. Also trying to force themselves into conversations with mods and saying rude things about them in the process, why do people keep doing that?

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

  25. #37400
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    1,687

    Default

    I remember the first time I went paint balling. It as for my 12th birthday and I brought along a few friends. We played with this one group of teenagers that was like 20 people big. The next day my entire body was covered in bruises...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I am not the spokesperson for the rest of this thread but if I was to take a wild guess:

    Posting for the sake of posting probably gets on people's nerves. This includes, responding to every other post in thread regardless of whether you have anything relevant to say, or posting just to keep constant activity in the thread. Also trying to force themselves into conversations with mods and saying rude things about them in the process, why do people keep doing that?
    I'd say this is fairly accurate.

Page 1496 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 4961396144614861492149314941495149614971498149915001506 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •