Page 159 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092591159 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

speef is such a serious thing

these problems matter

Screw this whole Zeno ad autismic thing. They are not that important! i can'y believe that a discussion is going on about this little tiff. Let the two ignore each other and be done with it!

On a different note my friend who is 18 is excited that he may have a kid soon. Ridiculous in my opinion!
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

18 with a kid? Too early.

apparently my friends sisters friend in 7th grade is pregnant, and last year in the eighth grade a girl im not super close to but we hang out with the same people got pregnant, and apparently both babies have the same dad.
    its all really stupid i think. not even out of middle school and getting pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Crickee View Post
    Why do we take it so seriously.

Pokemon X Round 2

Kind of late by this point but:
    If you want headphones that don't break Sony MDR-7502 headphones are really durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    At my local Gamestop, there are buttloads of used Gamecube Controllers for sale. They actually look in quite good condition. It couldn't be that hard to find another controller. There are tons of 3rd party controllers out there too. I actually bought a Wavebird for my Wii a few weeks ago through my local gamestop.

I like, have bought about 1,000 dollars worth of games and accessories from Gamestop. I wonder if I have reached ambassador status yet...
    I might have to check out gamestop then. Last time I checked they were really tough to find (I had to a specialty store which only had 1 in stock), but maybe they've become more common again.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Lol @ people talking about me riffing on autismic.

This is not the first time a user has put down a terrible user.
    Let's not take Sppf seriously, aight?

In other more important news, Dallas needs to score.
    oopsie

when i was in like third grade my headphones for my 10 dollar mp3 player broke in one ear and i was convinced i had gone deaf in one ear....
    i have this really bad habbit of twirling my headphones around my fingerswithout realizing it so my head phones never last very long :P

i was so desprate for earbuds one time i bought dollar store ones.

I buy cheap headphones. I don't care enough to get expensive ones.

Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

I can't stand ear buds. I use my mp3 player frequently when I wash the dishes, so having to take my hands out of soapy water to adjust the stupid nub is quite a nuisance. I've got these big ghetto blasters that work very well, I'm quite happy with them, even if they look kinda gaudy.

Ghetto blasters! love that. Gonna use it from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    I can't stand ear buds. I use my mp3 player frequently when I wash the dishes, so having to take my hands out of soapy water to adjust the stupid nub is quite a nuisance. I've got these big ghetto blasters that work very well, I'm quite happy with them, even if they look kinda gaudy.
    Amen. I love my ghetto blaster, but I also have these huge-ass headphones I wear every time I go for a walk. It lets the whole city know I'm jammin'.

i was so desprate for earbuds one time i bought dollar store ones.
    I have dollar store earbud headphones. They suit me just fine.

*cheapskate*

Haruka's jammin' with her headphones alright. Jammin' traffic with her swag.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I don't use Headphone because I don't want anyone nearby to be disturb by my music. And n, i'm not spending $50 on noise reducing headphones just to crap out after 3 months.

Without wanting to sound like a prude ladies and gents, cheap earbuds can really **** up your hearing/ears. I would honestly advise you to go the extra bit and get some overheads/better earbuds if you listen to music regularly.

That too. I knew there was a reason why wearing them was so unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Without wanting to sound like a prude ladies and gents, cheap earbuds can really **** up your hearing/ears. I would honestly advise you to go the extra bit and get some overheads/better earbuds.
    I've a hard time imagining you sounding like a prude, Snorunt. ;P

In what way can cheap earbuds badly affect one's hearing?

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Because of the fact they get much closer to the ear canal, unlike headphones, which just rest around. They also create more ambient noise, so people turn up to compensate.

100 dcb is the level at which many think it starts to affect your hearing.

That said, I think ipods now come with an inbuilt volume level that makes it very hard to go over that. Even so, it's something many people aren't aware of.

Oh, and you just haven't got me started on prudish topics. I'm quite the prude when it comes to dating/etiquette.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 20th November 2011 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I don't use Headphone because I don't want anyone nearby to be disturb by my music. And n, i'm not spending $50 on noise reducing headphones just to crap out after 3 months.
    So when you want to listen to music while going out, you carry a big boombox?

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Because of the fact they get much closer to the ear canal, unlike headphones, which just rest around. They also create more ambient noise, so people turn up to compensate.

100 dcb is the level at which many think it starts to affect your hearing.

That said, I think ipods now come with an inbuilt volume level that makes it very hard to go over that. Even so, it's something many people aren't aware of.
    Ah, that makes sense. When I first began using earbuds, it was uncomfortable getting used to the almost invasive way they sit in the ear. I would still prefer headphones, in fact, if they didn't have the tendency to slide off my head. =P

As long as the main problem with earbuds is just the volume reaching the inner ear, then at least you can mediate what damage is caused by keeping them at low volume. Whether anyone using earbuds would follow that advice is up for question.

Oh, and you just haven't got me started on prudish topics. I'm quite the prude when it comes to dating/etiquette.
    In what ways? Kiss-on-the-hand greetings? =0

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

Profesco, why delete my Arcanine thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So when you want to listen to music while going out, you carry a big boombox?
    Earphones.

Boomboxes are so the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    i've never had a pair of ear buds that were Skullcandy though. but i think the brand just gets a bad rep for being a bit "trendy" or something.
    I bought some Skullcandy earbuds once, and I'm almost certain it was the worst purchase I've ever made. They sounded like absolute shit, and I'm not picky about headphone sound in the slightest, so long as it sounds more or less functional. They were, like, too high end or something, so I could only hear certain parts of the instrumentation and stuff. Maybe I just listen to a different genre of music than the Skullcandy demographic.

They looked ****ing sweet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divisible by Waffle View Post
    Issues with headphones like that are almost always due to a broken wire on the inside. All you'd need to do is open them up and resolder the connection.
    What about us poor souls without soldering guns/ability? :[

these problems matter
    I know. Like, one time, I imagined that people kept copying me, so I threw a fit, put a broken ribbon in my signature, and left forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I might have to check out gamestop then. Last time I checked they were really tough to find (I had to a specialty store which only had 1 in stock), but maybe they've become more common again.
    I haven't seen Nintendo-brand GameCube controllers anywhere in years and years, either, and third-party brands are, in my experience, crap. Actually, when Circuit City closed down however many months ago, and they brought out all the crap they had, I saw two new controllers at my store, and freaked out and immediately bought both. My ******* brother has since managed to break one, but the other is still in its case somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    In what ways? Kiss-on-the-hand greetings? =0
    ITT: Profesco discovers that he may not be as alone in the world as he'd once thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    I don't use Headphone because I don't want anyone nearby to be disturb by my music.
    ... What? Isn't the point of headphones not to disturb the people around you?
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Page 159 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092591159 ... LastLast