Page 175 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 751251651711721731741751761771781791852252751175 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

So I turned off the ability to see signatures. Without all the flashy images as a distraction, I see exactly how short most of the posts here are.

So I have decided to read through all of Nana before mid January (when I will hopefully be attending grad school) 8 volumes down, 13 more to go. So far it is my second favorite manga ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    I know this is from a few pages back, but I can't have been the only one who noticed he's looking for a brony t-shirt
    I noticed that too
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Doing sig duty is a thankless and spirit-breaking task, Mariya. The simplification of the sig rules did go a long way to improving things in that regard, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So I have decided to read through all of Nana before mid January (when I will hopefully be attending grad school) 8 volumes down, 13 more to go. So far it is my second favorite manga ever.
    Wow, Glass Eye! What would you be studying in grad school? Do you have any prospective schools or programs you hope to get into yet? If you don't mind me asking, that is. I've been looking at grad school options lately, too. It's a bit further away for me, heh. =P

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    I noticed that too
    Getting this **** in black.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/rainbow-dash-C3376A8210858

Rainbow Dash is too overrated imo

maybe, or the other ponies are underrated.

i'm a PinkieShy girl anyway.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Damn that's hardcore
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Speaking of Ponies, I found this gem earlier today:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...g6e8o1_500.png

So I turned off the ability to see signatures. Without all the flashy images as a distraction, I see exactly how short most of the posts here are.
    Fun fact: Most have even less content than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Doing sig duty is a thankless and spirit-breaking task, Mariya. The simplification of the sig rules did go a long way to improving things in that regard, though.
    Oh, of course, but the quote honestly came off a little like "Cops shouldn't apprehend criminals they catch in the act unless someone reports it." In a way. Probably not the intent, of course.

And really, I don't feel they're as simplified as they should be/were. The imitations of width and height make sense for an image, but for an entire signature? That's a bit excessive in terms of work load (and makes it more frustrating for anyone who wants to see if a sig they want to report breaks the rules).

meanwhile everyone take a shot if/when korusan comes in and talks **** about my discussion of this important matter with a cliche responde re: my not attaining power

Holy fruits.

Dr. House just told his team about Arceus creating the universe.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Holy fruits.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I don't even follow this show anymore, but my ears perked up at that.

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Just brought this.

Returning it tomorrow.

Wow, Glass Eye! What would you be studying in grad school? Do you have any prospective schools or programs you hope to get into yet? If you don't mind me asking, that is. I've been looking at grad school options lately, too. It's a bit further away for me, heh. =P
    Currently I am looking to study history at George Mason University, since it is the only option that is close and cheap.

(I would be worried about giving out to much info about myself saying it, but the school has more students than the surrounding city has people, so its not that big a deal)

Just brought this.

Returning it tomorrow.
    Why?

Also is that the 1st, 2nd or 3rd games in the series? I heard the games slowly got more fanservicey.
    Last edited by Zazie; 29th November 2011 at 3:24 AM.

Holy fruits.

Wait, what? I may need to watch that show now. What was the context of it?
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Just brought this.

Returning it tomorrow.
    Probably a good idea.

Also is that the 1st, 2nd or 3rd games in the series? I heard the games slowly got more fanservicey.
    Third game, I think. And yeah, it is getting more fanservice-ridden, and it's starting to bug even me. And ya'll have seen some of my signatures. Also I've played part of Luminous Arc (tl;dr Vanessa) and Fate/Extra (I didn't realize that Francis Drake was a woman with huge cans and a penchant for immodesty), so yeah. You'd imagine I'd be immune to fanservice.

It's the third game. I'm only a hour in but this seems like 100% lolicon. I should give it another chance after a break from playing. I'll know from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Third game, I think. And yeah, it is getting more fanservice-ridden, and it's starting to bug even me. And ya'll have seen some of my signatures. Also I've played part of Luminous Arc (tl;dr Vanessa) and Fate/Extra (I didn't realize that Francis Drake was a woman with huge cans and a penchant for immodesty), so yeah. You'd imagine I'd be immune to fanservice.
    I liked the second Luminous Arc more. Or did I? :iiam

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    I liked the second Luminous Arc more. Or did I? :iiam
    I've heard the second plays a little better, but I've never played it. One of the major problems with LA[1] for me was that it was a bit clumsy in playstyle.

The first one was way too easy, the second fixed that. The third makes it hard to be a fan of the series.

I never found Luminous Arc (2 since its the only one I have) to be all that fanservicey. I found the second game to be pretty fun, but the lack of customizable characters is kind of strange in a grid based game.

A lot of it is, to be fair, more in the character designs. (ex. Fatima, Vanessa)

Or maybe it's just me. Technically still a possibility.

I can see that. There seems to be obligatory, flat chested girl, girl with glasses, large breasted girl, loli-like girl, etc.

I really do wish anime/video game characters would be designed for purposes other than appealing to as many different otaku fetishes as possible.
    Last edited by Zazie; 29th November 2011 at 6:31 AM.

But where would the "fun" in that be? Besides, originality is hard!

(And hell, now that I think about it, Fatima seems to hit more of them than Vanessa, 1's obvious fanservice character.)

I can see that. There seems to be obligatory, flat chested girl, girl with glasses, large breasted girl, loli-sich girl, etc.

I really do wish anime/video game characters would be designed for purposes other than appealing to as many different otaku fetishes as possible.
    Speaking of that, has anyone been watching that anime "I Don't Have a Lot of Friends" or whatever? I am amazed that it is one of the few anime series that I managed to get past the first couple of episodes of. It has really surprised me despite all of the stupid cliche character archetypes.

Page 175 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 751251651711721731741751761771781791852252751175 ... LastLast