Page 181 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 811311711771781791801811821831841851912312811181 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I'd prefer those giant inflatable hammers you get at funfairs or whatever.
    Yeah, but you just know there'd be some sore militia-type libertarian whackjobs popping out of the woodwork to raise heck about the individual's Constitutional right to hurt other individuals, and inflatable hammers wouldn't be enough to shut 'em up.

(For the sensitive types: the above was an intentionally extreme characterization for comedic effect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I know this post is from a couple of pages back, but... I find it kind of strange that people make personal forums and invite a whole host of people just so they can have some sort of power over where they post. Granted, I'm part of a private forum (there's only about six of us that post there and that's the way it was meant to be) but all of the people there have equal amounts of power because it was only meant for friends. I like posting on bigger, public sites on this one, but I can't imagine why someone would want people who aren't friends of theirs to join a "personal" forum. They always fail anyway because unless the userbase is very close, people lose interest fast. I just don't see the point.
    Huh, I hadn't thought it was about power. I guess that's possible. I assumed it was the same kind of "friends' hangout" deal when people from here tried it out. Well, I still have a lot to learn. ^_^;

On a lighter note, I got my scrubs todaaaaay. And my stethoscope and blood pressure cuff and all that fun stuff. I'm so excited. ^^
    Congrats. Have any patients yet?

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Local news just had a story on Pedobear. Apparently pedos are sticking stickers of the bear on their cars. The police "are not sure if this is just an internet joke or a real threat".

._.
    gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    Local news just had a story on Pedobear. Apparently pedos are sticking stickers of the bear on their cars. The police "are not sure if this is just an internet joke or a real threat".

._.
    What is the world coming to?

EDIT: Just noticed that I have the 1,000 post user rank with a postcount of 999... weird.
    Last edited by Phoopes; 2nd December 2011 at 3:57 AM.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbunJjifLRE

Link related.

Old**** have been freaking out about this for years. Apparently they think that real pedophiles enjoy wearing anthropomorphic bear costumes. I'm assuming this was all started by a parent somewhere who dosen't understand what a furry is.
    Last edited by Moltanic; 2nd December 2011 at 4:17 AM.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka View Post
    Oh my god. French Toast Crunch is incredible, but back in '06, they discontinued it here in the States. I'm so jealous of you canucks. ;;
    Have you tried shopping at an international grocery store ? There is one 30 minutes from my house that sells Waffle Crisp, which also appears to have been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Have you tried shopping at an international grocery store ? There is one 30 minutes from my house that sells Waffle Crisp, which also appears to have been discontinued.
    Yeah, I've tried, but the only store I'm aware of in my area that sells international food is World Market and they don't carry cereal.

On another note, Pedobear. Aw yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Huh, I hadn't thought it was about power. I guess that's possible. I assumed it was the same kind of "friends' hangout" deal when people from here tried it out. Well, I still have a lot to learn. ^_^;
    Just from personal experience, a lot of personal forums that I've seen where people invite a lot of people they barely know (or do the invite a friend and then a friend of a friend, etc.) either fail horribly from inactivity or the creator of the forum starts going all dictator on the posters and then it crashes and burns. I think they can work out in the right settings with the right userbase, but it's kind of rare.

Congrats. Have any patients yet?
    Haha! No, not yet. >.> I start clinicals next semester. But wearing the scrubs makes me feel very professional. XD

Haha! No, not yet. >.> I start clinicals next semester. But wearing the scrubs makes me feel very professional. XD
    What program are you in, again? (If you don't mind me asking.)

Also, I just called $Suicune$ a ridiculous dodo, and am surprised at how much fun it was. I suggest anyone reading this post call a loved one a ridiculous dodo and report back on how they felt doing it. For science!

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

What program are you in, again? (If you don't mind me asking.)
    Nursing. Not what I originally planned on going to school for, but I think it'll fit better with the life I want.

Also, I just called $Suicune$ a ridiculous dodo, and am surprised at how much fun it was. I suggest anyone reading this post call a loved one a ridiculous dodo and report back on how they felt doing it. For science!
    I'll have to try this on my best friend. It would be nicer than what I normally call her- a dirty bushwhack.

I call you buttface behind your back.

Feels good.
    B)
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Nursing. Not what I originally planned on going to school for, but I think it'll fit better with the life I want.
    What did you originally plan on? That's an interesting way to choose your career, by the way. I hope nursing is something that interests you, something you enjoy doing, still. I know there has to be a goldmine of interesting knowledge in the profession, if only due to the biology. =D

I'll have to try this on my best friend. It would be nicer than what I normally call her- a dirty bushwhack.
    Ahaha, that one sounds sharp, if words had physical manifestations.

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    I call you buttface behind your back.

Feels good.
    B)
    You stay away from behind my back, pervert.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

What did you originally plan on? That's an interesting way to choose your career, by the way. I hope nursing is something that interests you, something you enjoy doing, still. I know there has to be a goldmine of interesting knowledge in the profession, if only due to the biology. =D
    Originally, I was going to school for veterinary sciences and I was in a pre-vet program my first year of college. After I really thought about it, though, it was a lot of school years (I believe it generally takes around 10 years to get a DVM). School, especially grad school, takes up all your time and all your money. I want to get married and start a family. That's not really something I can do in the time frame I'd like if I go to school to get a doctorate. I looked into maybe get a vet tech. degree, but the only school in the area that offers it is extremely expensive and isn't technically considered an accredited college so I would have not only had to have tried to pay for that school but start paying back my student loan for my first school (which was a small private college and not cheap by any means). So I settled on nursing. It's still biology, which is something I really wanted, and it's a bit more flexible. I want to specialize and many hospitals will help pay for further education for their nurses if they agree to work there for a certain number of years. I think it's kind of under appreciated because so many people see it as a cop-out career for people who are looking for a fast-track job, but there's a lot more work that goes into it if you're someone who actually wants to do the job well.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    I'm indifferent about the new layout... it didn't get any worse but it didn't get any better either.
    are you kidding

i have like 2 subscriptions that i basically gave up on with the last layout of youtube because i couldn't find anything because of how disorganised it all was

now it's all there, in nice tabs, waiting for me. and the white layout was awful, at least they have gradients now
    life is
    a game

So, A transcript from wednsday evenings "The One Show" has been put out, after Jerermy Clarkson's comments with regards to a comment he made about the strike.

Matt Baker [presenter]: Well Jeremy, schools, hospitals, airports, even driving tests, have all been affected. Do you think the strikes have been a good idea?

Jeremy Clarkson [guest]: I think they have been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty.

Alex Jones [presenter]: The traffic, actually, has been very good today.

Jeremy Clarkson: Airports, people streaming through with no problems at all. And it's also like being back in the 70s. It makes me feel at home somehow.

Matt Baker: Do you know anyone who has been on strike today?

Jeremy Clarkson: Of course I don't, no. What, somebody public service? No, I don't. No, absolutely. But we have to balance this though, because this is the BBC.

Matt Baker: Yes, exactly.

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?

Matt Baker: Well, on that note of balancing an opinion, of course those are Jeremy's views.

Alex Jones: Only Jeremy's views.

Jeremy Clarkson: They're not. I've just given two views for you.

What do you guys think of it? Keep in mind he made a much darker comment on suicide on the railways later in the show, which doesnt seem to have gotten as many complaints. ("You just think, why have we stopped because we've hit somebody? What's the point of stopping? It won't make them better.")

Now, I see nothing wrong with what he said. I can see why people were offended, but keep in mind that this is Clarkson, and he is well known for saying stuff like this, quite often getting in trouble for stuff he has said on Top Gear.

About the compaints: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15999234

The Transcript: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15993558

A mix of views: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15998210
    Last edited by ~Nidoking~; 2nd December 2011 at 4:16 PM. Reason: Posted URLS in middle of transcript

Originally, I was going to school for veterinary sciences and I was in a pre-vet program my first year of college. After I really thought about it, though, it was a lot of school years (I believe it generally takes around 10 years to get a DVM). School, especially grad school, takes up all your time and all your money. I want to get married and start a family. That's not really something I can do in the time frame I'd like if I go to school to get a doctorate. I looked into maybe get a vet tech. degree, but the only school in the area that offers it is extremely expensive and isn't technically considered an accredited college so I would have not only had to have tried to pay for that school but start paying back my student loan for my first school (which was a small private college and not cheap by any means). So I settled on nursing. It's still biology, which is something I really wanted, and it's a bit more flexible. I want to specialize and many hospitals will help pay for further education for their nurses if they agree to work there for a certain number of years. I think it's kind of under appreciated because so many people see it as a cop-out career for people who are looking for a fast-track job, but there's a lot more work that goes into it if you're someone who actually wants to do the job well.
    Ive been looking to go to school to be a vet tech as well for mch the same reason. 10 years to be a DVM? I thought it was 8. Anyway thats too much, but I found that no schools around my area offer a degree that will let you do that so Im very dissapointed and dont know what else to do. Im definately not going into nursing. My mom's a nurse and Ive heard too many horror stories from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus-sama View Post
    Ive been looking to go to school to be a vet tech as well for mch the same reason. 10 years to be a DVM? I thought it was 8. Anyway thats too much, but I found that no schools around my area offer a degree that will let you do that so Im very dissapointed and dont know what else to do. Im definately not going into nursing. My mom's a nurse and Ive heard too many horror stories from her.
    It's around 8-10. Four for undergrad, four for graduate, and about 2 or so years of clinical type things, from what I understand. You actually don't technically have to have a degree to get a job as a vet tech (in this state, anyway, but things may have changed in recent years). It's just not worth spending SO much money on a degree for a job I could get (although admittedly with less ease) without a degree at all. And really vet tech and nursing aren't too different. You're going to deal with some incredibly disgusting things that you just have to get over. If you don't like blood, vomit, feces, maggots, or any of that lovely stuff, vet tech probably isn't for you. I think you kind of get desensitized to those things after a while (my mom was a vet tech. for years and she used to watch the vet do surgery while she ate her lunch XD) but if you can't stomach it to begin with, you probably won't last long.

If you're really serious about being a vet tech. you should talk to someone at any of your local vet's offices about what they look for. A biology degree or something similar might be enough. Or ask to do volunteer work or shadowing. It's kind of unlikely that you'll get a paying job (some offices will pay for someone to clean cages/kennels, but it's really difficult to find them right now), but experience is always a plus, and they might end up hiring you if you're a hard worker and loyal.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 2nd December 2011 at 7:57 PM.

so today, i saw a black girl wearing a sweater that said 'White Pride' on the sleeve.

um

i know mad white girls that swear they black

its quite funny to watch them make asses of themselves

Theres a guy in my class that claims to be half black. He's a much paler white then me and his great grandparents are so racist, they refuse to let any non whites near them.

So I'm having a semi-private Twitter conversation with a D-List celebrity. How long does it normally take for these things to lead to sex at a Motel 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Lbsweet96 View Post
    So I'm having a semi-private Twitter conversation with a D-List celebrity. How long does it normally take for these things to lead to sex at a Motel 6?
    What celebrity?
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Comedian Doug Benson. He's probably high, so does that increase my chances or lower them? This is vital to my career in entertainment, guys.

Isn't Doug Benson like 45 years old?
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

He's 47, but aren't the older ones easier to bag? Or do they get too crotchety? I think I'll be good if I stay off his lawn.

Go to him LBS, have some sex, and if it all turns out bad, you can claim that he raped you!

Page 181 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 811311711771781791801811821831841851912312811181 ... LastLast