Page 192 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 921421821881891901911921931941951962022422921192 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Unless you count the loss of six hours in an emergency room waiting vestibule as a lingering pain, that is.
    Numb buttocks? Or does that only count when insurance companies are looking for preexisting conditions over which to deny you...

If you have time, it does re-air at 6:00 PM Eastern time tomorrow (so 5PM in Central and blah blah. Hopefully the clip will be on the site by then.) -- it's definitely worth watching.

No, thankfully. She had an allergic reaction to something (presumably an Advil, though it would be the first time) and ended up swelling like a toasted marshmallow. She's home and painless, with just a slight rash to show for her troubles.

Unless you count the loss of six hours in an emergency room waiting vestibule as a lingering pain, that is.
    Good on 'ya. Glad to hear it's nothing serious. I went through something really similar with my Dad the other day. He recently had a surgery for his hernia, which he's currently still recovering from. I'm the one who has to take care of him.

Unfortunately my Dad is the kind of guy who completely ignores the doctor's orders. Needless to say he wound up injuring himself AGAIN! I spent almost the whole day in the hospital with him in a pretty bad mood.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Glad you sis is ok, allergies suck.
    I personally can't stand hospitals and doctors office's, they give me the heeby jeebies. People literally go to them to die! BLECH......

I love hospitals. Pretty fun place.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Not a fan of hospitals, but I love riding in the back of an ambulance. It makes the fact that you're probably really messed up slightly better, at least if you're concious.

I hate hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Pretty much, yeah, but good luck getting that to happen.

P.S. did any of the two Pokemon fans in Misc. see tonight's Daily Show? I'll go look up the appropriate section of video (e: it's not up yet). Now I can't help but picture Herman Cain saying "I could use pants." 8(
    Are you referring to this video?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...s=synd_twitter

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Are you referring to this video?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...s=synd_twitter

woot21 out dawgs
    Yeah. It wasn't up when I posted that, though. It's a great bit.

Also try this link. Hopefully SPP doesn't censor "sh-t" in the url or I'll kick a puppy.

THIS is what Huffington Post ACTUALLY posted up as news... SO FUNNY!

"Herman Cain wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was, but his quest to catch 'em all ended on Saturday.

The businessman and GOP presidential candidate stepped aside from the race on Saturday, bowing to falling polling numbers and growing sex scandal-related controversy. It was a sad moment for the conservatives who backed him, but a happy one for many video game and anime fans, as during his announcement, he finally admitted that he had been quoting Pokémon during various other speeches.

"I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie. I’m not sure who the original author is, so don’t go write an article about the poet, but it says a lot about where I am– where I am with my wife and my family, and where we are as a nation," Cain said. "Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when there's so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference. There's a mission just for you and me."

The movie, to be exact, was "Pokémon 2000," and the song "The Power of One" sung by Donna Summer and written by Mervyn Warren and Mark Chait, not a "poet" as he had previously stated. But there are plenty of other Pokémon show and film lines he could have used, and as a service to both the Nintendo-based franchise and his speech writers for potential future campaigns, we've come up with a list of other great phrases he should keep in his political Pokédex.

"There's no sense in going out of your way just to get somebody to like you." - Ash Ketchum

"We have a proud tradition of failure to uphold" - James, Team Rocket

"When you have lemons, you make lemonade; and when you have rice, you make rice balls" - Brock

"I guess you'll learn that playing with the big boys can be a shocking experience." - Lt. Surge

"Listen to me kid, when you get involved with the opposite sex you're only asking for trouble" - Jesse, Team Rocket

"As a child, I played a lot of video games and was known as Flying Fingers Sammy." - Professor Oak

"Smell Ya Later!" - Gary

"Pika Pika!" - Pikachu

"Charmander Char!" - Charmander

"Jigglypuff, Jigglyyyypuff. Jigglypuff, Jigglyyyy. Jigglypuff, Jigglyyypuff. Jigglypuff Jiggly. JIgglypuff, Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff, Jiggly. Jiggly Jigglypuff Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff, Jigglyyypuff. Jigglypuff, Jiggly. Jigglypuff, Jigglyyypuff. Jigglypuff Jiggly." - Jigglypuff

"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokémon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

Until then, Herman Cain, blasting off again!

UPDATE: Cain also admitted that he had gotten the song from Pokémon in a recent interview with GQ, saying that he first heard it on the Olympics on NBC, and then was told it came from Pokémon.

"And so I fell in love with this song, fell in love with how she sang the song, and fell in love with the words," he said. "Committed it to memory. Now, why did I commit it to memory? Because one of the things that I did before I ran for president is I was a professional speaker. Not a motivational speaker—an inspirational speaker. Motivation comes from within. You have to be inspired. That's what I do. I inspire people, I inspire the public, I inspire my staff. I inspired the organizations I took over to want to succeed. I love the song."

Thus, there is proof that, while he seemed to not be entirely convinced that it came from Summer's Pokémon song in his speech on Saturday, Cain was indeed well aware of the quote's original source."
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS in "do you have to be a certain age to join the forums"
    Nope because i seen someone with the age of 2
    This post left me speechless, to say the least.

Some of the posts in that thread (and ones before it on that subject) have me wondering. I've seen quite a few people who in their argument claim they've seen dozens of 10-12 year old girls on this forum. I see posts like that and I always think to myself, "Why are you going around here looking for underaged girls?". Is SPPf's pedophile problem really that bad?

I wonder if I can set it up so every once in a while the site says it's my birthday, but it's just the number of days I've been here.

yo motha****as i'm methuselah and my sense of humor is getting even worse as i get

e: I nicknamed my Slowking in White Version "HermanCain." I think you should all do the same. Because I'm an awful person.
    Last edited by Mariya Shidou; 6th December 2011 at 9:38 PM.

i got my class ring, it is so beautiful like me

I like how everyone is posting about Herman Cain several pages after I mentioned it. Little slow there guys. Jon Stewart is hilarious though.

i got my class ring, it is so beautiful like me
    Never got a class ring. I didn't really like my high school/school district enough to have any school pride, and I knew I wouldn't wear it anyway so I just opted to save the money.

I shouldnt have gotten my class ring. It was a waste, I was not allowed to get the stone I wanted because my school principal was contolling like that, and I never wear it. They cost alot of money too.

my mom payed for it, and it's a really pretty design. the only stones we could have were our birthstones.

Suppose I need to start saving the money for a class ring. It's a lot closer than I think. Plus, I ALWAYS spend the money I've been saving to repay my mom for a book I buy. So I'm going to put my current balance of about $15 in a jar in a far-away, shadowy corner of my room and whenever I get the chance, sump some money in it. Hey, it's a start. I once made $50 by just throwing loose change in a jar for a year. (allowance and such)
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Crickee View Post
    my mom payed for it, and it's a really pretty design. the only stones we could have were our birthstones.
    I wasnt even allowed to get my birthstone. It had to be blue or white cause those were my school colors, but they shouldve at least let us get our birthstone as an alternative, but when we ordered the rings the principal was there to make sure we chose the stones she wanted. It was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I like how everyone is posting about Herman Cain several pages after I mentioned it. Little slow there guys. Jon Stewart is hilarious though.
    I commented way back when.

And I also caught the clip today. HAH YEAH! It's been a good week. Herman Cain quoting Pokemon the Movie: 2000, Jon Stewart doing a whole Pokemon sketch and even quoting Mewtwo, House telling his team that Arceus created the universe - even the Huffington Post spamming Jigglypuff, apparently.

Makes you feel all warm and cuddly inside. ^_^

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

so guys we can all agree that i had the best avatar and that jb#s got all those other things, yeah?

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post
    so guys we can all agree that i had the best avatar and that jb#s got all those other things, yeah?
    Other than the Fact I am most likely to sing friday on friday, yes.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I commented way back when.
    Everyone except Profesco then. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post
    Sounds about right.

There should be a category for sexiest member
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

It's just as well since Archimedes isn't around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    There should be a category for sexiest member
    We dont need that. Jb#'s would win that, Too.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Page 192 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 921421821881891901911921931941951962022422921192 ... LastLast