Page 199 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 991491891951961971981992002012022032092492991199 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by treespyro View Post
    Doesn't mean overall though. Gamecube had better graphics no doubt but overall the PS2 was better because it appealed to more people, better library of games, was cheaper when it came out that's why it sold more and better marketing.
    Bolded is the only thing I have to disagree with because of my Previous statement.

PS2 had Crappy games overall. Not Just graphics-wise, but Pretty much everything else-wise too.

I was the one who said KH was the only good game. Because it was. all the other things stupid in the same.

The PS2 could do other things besides games, But that was also stupid of sony to do because you already have a DVD player, Why put something Trillions of People already have? and Netflix? accessable from the Internet and TV. The PS2 was just a Poor excuse for a Next-gen console.
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 11th December 2011 at 1:41 AM.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    Lastly realize this is Japan we're talking about.
    You are right this is Japan we are talking about. And Japan loves handhelds. The PSP better in Japan so the Vita should do well there too.

As for which handheld is better this is the way I see it:

3DS has: Mariokart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario 3DS, Super Smash Brothers, 2 unspecified Shin Megami Tensei titles and the Inevitable Pokemon game.

Vita has: Persona 4: The Golden, Disgaea 3, Blazblue: CSE, Little Big Planet, Dragon's Crown, Wipeout 2048, Tales of Innocence R, Gradius HD collection, Mod Nation Racers, etc.

Make of that what you will.

For complete game listings:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ion_Vita_games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3DS_games

It is just a matter of opinion. I had both I felt the PS2 was better overall. Sure there were crappy games because you get the bad with the good but there were more good in a larger library then bad.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    PS2 had Crappy games overall. Not Just graphics-wise, but Pretty much everything else-wise too.
    Now I try not be this mean usually but: Only a complete ****ing idiot would say this.

sheesh, you guys take your video games seriously...

It is just a matter of opinion. I had both I felt the PS2 was better overall. Sure there were crappy games because you get the bad with the good but there were more good in a larger library then bad.
    This is Just a personal Opinion: I felt that they're were only 2 good games.

the Other thing I was saying was that What the PS2 had was just another DVD player that you dont really need. PS2 did better worldwide than the Gamecube, but the fact is people just think that Nintendo is for Kids so they wont buy it.

so in matter of sales, Most people who bought the PS2 didnt like Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye
    Now I try not be this mean usually but: Only a complete ****ing idiot would say this.
    Now i'm not going to be mean to say this: But the Entire statement was a Opinion. That means I (Not the entire ****ing world) didnt like the PS2. I felt it had the More Crappier games, and was way more Pointless than like, the Xbox or Gamecube.
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 11th December 2011 at 1:48 AM.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Not as much as sport :P

[QUOTE]This is Just a personal Opinion: I felt that they're were only 2 good games.

the Other thing I was saying was that What the PS2 had was just another DVD player that you dont really need. PS2 did better worldwide than the Gamecube, but the fact is people just think that Nintendo is for Kids so they wont buy it.

so in matter of sales, Most people who bought the PS2 didnt like Nintendo.[/QUOTE

Did you have the PS2? Because I doubt you played a lot of games if you think that. DVD player was awesome, I knew heaps of people that used it and it was a reason to buy it. You can play PS1 games, watch DVDs, listen to CDs, it was the whole shebang.

Not Sony's fault that they can market the PS2 better than Nintendo for Gamecube. It was marketing where the PS2 easily crushed Gamecube in.
    Last edited by treespyro; 11th December 2011 at 1:49 AM.

better library of games
    Subjective.

was cheaper when it came out that's why it sold more and better marketing and a simple controller setup.
    Didn't the Gamecube cost $199.99 at launch as opposed to the PS2's $299.99?

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    The only thing the PS2 was good for was Kingdom Hearts. If those games never existed, I wouldn't have even bothered to play it.

Gamecube had much better games.

Pokemon xD, Super Smash Bros Melee, Starfox Adventures, excetra...
    Hahahahaha

Out of all those 1st party you listed actually one I liked which is bolded. StarFox Adventures took away flying and left only puzzles. XD was alright but left much to be desired in pokemon catching.

Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1&2 and Paper Mario were the only other 4 1st party games that were good for the Gamecube that comes to mind

Soul Calibur 2 and Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube were the only good 3rd Party games.

Then there is a few good games that are hard to remember for the Gamecube.

PS2 just had a better library overall. My PS2 collection was in the 50s range before I traded most of them. Now my PS3 is barely above my PS2 collection at 24 games vs 20.

Ehh who cares anyways, PS2 numbers don't lie. 145 million or more now that its going for less than $100 sold worldwide. Closest to beating it is nothing. Because Wii is pretty much dead while the Wii U takes over next year and the DS will be phased out for the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Didn't the Gamecube cost $199.99 at launch as opposed to the PS2's $299.99?
    Yea. Thats actually right. But the PS2 still had more Worldwide sales than the Gamecube.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Huh so it was. However with the PS2 you get more for a buck.

Subjective.
    So that's subjective as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Hahahahaha

Out of all those 1st party you listed actually one I liked which is bolded. StarFox Adventures took away flying and left only puzzles. XD was alright but left much to be desired in pokemon catching.

Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1&2 and Paper Mario were the only other 4 1st party games that were good for the Gamecube that comes to mind

Soul Calibur 2 and Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube were the only good 3rd Party games.

Then there is a few good games that are hard to remember for the Gamecube.

PS2 just had a better library overall. My PS2 collection was in the 50s range before I traded most of them. Now my PS3 is barely above my PS2 collection at 24 games vs 20.

Ehh who cares anyways, PS2 numbers don't lie. 145 million or more now that its going for less than $100 sold worldwide. Closest to beating it is nothing. Because Wii is pretty much dead while the Wii U takes over next year and the DS will be phased out for the 3DS.
    I completely forgot wind waker. I didnt play the Other 3.

But that doesnt matter, Because we all Know LoZ would beat out pretty much every other Franchise there is. (Besides Mario and Pokemon.)

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Tales of Symphonia? Viewtiful Joe? I could go on.

Arguing about the 3DS and Vita was stupid enough as it is. Should anyone really care which 10 year old system is better?

(for the record I like them both)

But that doesnt matter, Because we all Know LoZ would beat out pretty much every other Franchise there is. (Besides Mario and Pokemon.)
    As much as I love Legend of Zelda, I disagree. You can't assume a game is good because of its franchise.

Plus The Sims, GTA, CoD, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo and FIFA have sold more than LoZ

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Arguing about the 3DS and Vita was stupid enough as it is. Should anyone really care which 10 year old system is better?

(for the record I like them both)
    That's actually the only reason I was saying all of those things. I was Planning this from the start. I also Lied just to get everyone arguing.

But, GCN > PS2

Quote Originally Posted by treespyro
    As much as I love Legend of Zelda, I disagree. You can't assume a game is good because of its franchise.

Plus The Sims, GTA, CoD, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo and FIFA have sold more than LoZ
    Sales wise- Yes.
    Game wise- No.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I love how everyone is failing to mention Mario Kart: Double Dash when talking about good Gamecube games...
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    I love how everyone is failing to mention Mario Kart: Double Dash when talking about good Gamecube games...
    I said Excetra... I loved Double dash. I didnt know how many people would agree, so I left it out.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Sales wise- Yes.
    Game wise- No
    Well that's a bit grey for any franchise referring to Game wise.

Well that's a bit grey for any franchise referring to Game wise.
    My Point Exactly.

Speculation: Pokemon Grey.

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Gamecube>PS2

Anyone who think the GC's library of good games is too small obviously is just too poor to afford them. That's not to say the PS2 has a mediocre selection, but it's not as large as the Gamecube's.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310
    Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg? Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2? There are also tons of multiplatformers like Sonic Heroes, Pacman World 2 etc.
    Last edited by Mankanshoku Mako; 11th December 2011 at 3:30 AM. Reason: lol grammar

An argument about systems that are a over a decade old? I must have come in here at the wrong time.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Guess what

Today I was wearing a Philadelphia Eagles jacket on top of a Drew Brees jersey while wearing an Indianapolis Colts hat
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Finished ripping my anime DVDs, touched up on my review. Now to film the segments staring me, record me reading the script to my review, then put clips in conjunction with the audio.

What anime should I review next, Trigun or Gurren Lagann?

Yeah...this is really off topic.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Mirror's Edge need a sequel.

Page 199 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 991491891951961971981992002012022032092492991199 ... LastLast