Page 293 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 1932432832892902912922932942952962973033433931293 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hox View Post
    long story
    You're lucky you didn't get fired. Also, agreeing with moot on this.

I have to say, Hox, that you should have employed a sort of 'bros before hoes' philosophy here, or, in this case, 'faeces before species'. It's cool that you were thinking of others, but you should really just crap and think of others later, especially when concerning money.

Just don't work in a bank when you're older.
    Running for the thrill of it

It was stupid of him, but come on, when was the last time you held in a sh*t all day?

Some people **** once a week.

I'm with moot on this, you don't let customers in employee only area, much less show them how to do a major job. You shouldn't of started the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Then clearly some people don't eat enough.

It snowed for like 10 seconds! does that count as having snow?
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Some people need to eat a healthier diet.

One time I didn't go for three straight weeks because there was a spider in my toilet

You were afraid a dead spider would climb up your behind?

Doesn't your toilet flush?

Or was he just resting upon previous visiters' droppings?

Gillian McKeith to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Gillian McKeith to the rescue.
    That woman turned me off hot dogs for life. I haven't eaten one in almost seven years. :/

^ Gillian McKeith almost turned me off human beings for life, given that if people take her **** (no pun intended) seriously then many of our species are doomed. It's jsut Astrology for the morbidly obese.

Hey hold up a second, let's not be too harsh. Gillian McKeith happens to be one of my favourite comediennes.

Her best joke being that people actually once listened to her advice.
    Last edited by Geekachu; 15th January 2012 at 12:56 AM.
    Running for the thrill of it

Hey kids! What time is it??

IT'S TIM TEABOW TIME

*ignores NE's two touchdowns*

So I went to my university's (I don't go there yet) bookstore to buy a shirt, and a cop nailed a kid. Really hope I don't see more of that there. But on the plus side, that was the first time I drove there by myself.

At least there's the 49ers...
    Last edited by Loco4Treecko; 15th January 2012 at 3:41 AM.
    I have claimed Pokemon Emerald. U jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    It was stupid of him, but come on, when was the last time you held in a sh*t all day?
    why would i need to hold a shit in all day when i could just go to the toilet before i start to feel like my bowels will explode
    life is
    a game

he told them how to operate hardware/software that is required to do his job, and left them in charge for, judging by what he has written in the post, 38 minutes.

this is moronic

edit: also letting them properly behind the counter

i work in a retail store and if i had to go to the toilet, i sure as hell wouldn't let a customer take over my register
    In charge would be an incorrect word, they simply operated as a look out for me and to touch a button. They didn't handle cash or actually work the register which would be a much more accurate description of "in charge."

Further more, there are other times customers help you out just from their good graces. Like if you're changing outside garbages and it's really windy. It's next to impossible to do by yourself because the wind will blow the garbage bags inside out and there's not enough hands to hold it down. People offer to help you out, and management apparently has no issue with that at all. And, for all intents and purposes that is letting a customer help do your job. Letting them behind the counter sounds much more serious because that's actually where the money is, but that becomes a non issue considering I removed the keys from both drawers before I went to the restroom. There was no way anyone could get to any money unless they were an expert lock-picker or had a hammer.

There was an equal chance of me getting in trouble by not having the customers mentioned authorize the pumps. The customers outside can file complaints to corporate (And making a complaint to corporate itself is very different then filing a complaint to the store alone. Corporate will **** your **** up.), they can also steal merchandise outside like salt bags for example. Considering that customers have called corporate on employees before for something as simple as not having approximately 32 pieces of pepperoni on their pizza (They do this because they think they can get a free pizza), corporate has fired people on the spot for not using the exact spoodle to spread pizza sauce, they've fired people for smoking on the side of the store instead of the front of the store, etc, etc. Not all customers are great people and completely understanding of your situation. If they're ticked, impatient, or think they can get something, they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus. Considering this, my fear was well justified. It doesn't have squat to do with people pleasing. If anything, it was a prime example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

In other words, don't act like a dick when you don't even know the situation dude.

why would i need to hold a **** in all day when i could just go to the toilet before i start to feel like my bowels will explode
    Oh please. That's the same line highschool teachers use to berate kids for wanting to use the bathroom in their class. I didn't have to go all day, I only had to go shortly after my manager left. Not to mention needing to take a shit isn't the same as having the shits.

Edit: Anyways, I didn't even get written up. The manager looked at the cameras, but only looked at them to where the drive off occured. She didn't look at what I was doing. So it's a non issue now anyway.
    Last edited by Hox; 15th January 2012 at 7:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autismic View Post
    It snowed for like 10 seconds! does that count as having snow?
    Are you my neighbor?

A bunch of people in my town got quite a bit of snow, but it just snowed at my house for a few seconds :P

It snowed just over 4 inches....which really wasn't much compared to some other Canadian cities. But it sure was nice to walk in the snow in the park, it was so beautiful and relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by djhappy View Post
    It snowed just over 4 inches....which really wasn't much compared to some other Canadian cities. But it sure was nice to walk in the snow in the park, it was so beautiful and relaxing.
    I see your 4 inches and raise you 8.

It snowed so lightly here that it looked like raindrops... but it's snow!
    gone.

It just started snowing really really hard at my house

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    It just started snowing really really hard at my house
    We lost our snow and Gave it to you, I think.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I haven't had a drop of snow this winter, but last winder I had tonnes.

Here in Maine we've gotten far less snow that we normally do. Actually, up until about two weeks ago it was a lot warmer that normal.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Here in Maine we've gotten far less snow that we normally do. Actually, up until about two weeks ago it was a lot warmer that normal.
    How is the weather up there normally anyway? I've always been curious on different areas.

Ours is either always rain, occasional bouts of snow at Winter or the tiniest glance of sunshine.

Thinking of moving for obvious reasons. -__-
    Whether you're a battler or a trader never forget to help those in need; you may need it yourself one day! Spread the good karma and may you be ever favourable in victory!

I'm organising a Rotation Tournament! Get in! http://challonge.com/25bndxun

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2266-9731
    IGN: Steven

Credit to LunGhost; thanks a lot! =)

Page 293 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 1932432832892902912922932942952962973033433931293 ... LastLast