Page 479 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3794294694754764774784794804814824834895295791479 ... LastLast
Results 11,951 to 11,975 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    See? Shows how much I know about my favorite section. I still say go for it. Put a disclaimer in the opening post if you feel wary about it.
    I know it's not going to be a problem; it just bothers me. I'll definitely be sure to say something about it when I make the thread.

^ Click this for good times ^

Just don't say anything about it, unless someone calls you out on it. And then claim you don't know what they're talking about.
    Or, for all they know, you are the guy who wrote "The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World."
    ps Either way I'll read it so I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Just don't say anything about it, unless someone calls you out on it. And then claim you don't know what they're talking about.
    Or, for all they know, you are the guy who wrote "The Thinking Man's Guide to Destroying the World."
    ps Either way I'll read it so I don't care.
    I would never impersonate Cutlerine; he of all people doesn't deserve that sort of duplicity.

I already sent him a PM about it anyway so it's all good. Not that it would have been a problem anyway.

Or....do the right thing and take care of it that way. But where's the fun in that?

Being on break= thinking about what pet I should get again. I must really love animals or something. Right now it's a toss up between ball python, cali king snake or ferret. If aparments even allow any of those (probably not). But I need a job for any of that, so none of this is happening for a while :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Should've found a dentist to do it instead of an oral surgeon. Way cheaper, local anesthetic works just fine, and completely painless while the procedure is happening.
    But it was a dentist :/ At least the pill worked.
    I have claimed Pokemon Emerald. U jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Loco4Treecko View Post
    Right now it's a toss up between ball python, cali king snake or ferret.
    I like ferrets. My family never let me get one, though, because they all are convinced ferrets stink to high heaven. When you do get around to buying a pet, choose the ferret and track the smell of your house over the next few months to see if and how it changes.

At least the pill worked.
    Used to hearing that in a totally different context.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I like ferrets. My family never let me get one, though, because they all are convinced ferrets stink to high heaven. When you do get around to buying a pet, choose the ferret and track the smell of your house over the next few months to see if and how it changes.
    Well, it's not that simple. I can start to seriously look into it after I move out of the dorms at the university I'm going to and get an apartment ( probably won't afford a house until at least after I graduate from the university. And my family's anti snake and ferret). And then I'll need a job that pays enough for all the monthly costs. If I'm allowed to have a pet at all. Or I could wait a few more years until I get a house, I guess (as in around 7 from now).

As far as the smell, I can't smell anything unless it's really, really strong (like a flower in my face strong), so 'managing' it would mean cleaning more than usual to be sure. Then I have to worry about the neighbors/landlord complaining (again, if I'm even allowed)

Used to hearing that in a totally different context.
    Oh God no XD. I was just talking about some anesthesia they gave me when my wisdom teeth were taken out after they repeatedly poked my arms trying to get the stupid IV in.
    Last edited by Loco4Treecko; 6th April 2012 at 2:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    The good stuff? Dude, the good stuff isn't on the Internet... bahahaha
    ...son, it all depends on what you're into.
    Maybe some of the stuff other people are into aren't big off the 'net.
    Maybe I just like throwing out hypothetical situations.
    Could you imagine a world without hypothetical situations?

Also, EVERYTHING is on the Internet.
    EVERYTHING.

Being on break= thinking about what pet I should get again. I must really love animals or something. Right now it's a toss up between ball python, cali king snake or ferret. If aparments even allow any of those (probably not). But I need a job for any of that, so none of this is happening for a while :/
    It really depends on the apartment company. I know here most people charge an extra $50 or so per month if you have pets (I er.. never actually told the management that I have rabbits). I don't see why anyone wouldn't let you have a snake or a ferret, they're not noisy like dogs. Are ferrets known to be destructive...? I'm not familiar at all with their behavior, but I know some people are hesitant about a renter owning rabbits since they sometimes chew up carpets and baseboards. That's going to be fun for me when I start my apartment search.

Also, Profesco, when I first told people I was getting a rabbit one of the first reactions out of them was "Rabbits stink!" Huge misconception. I clean their litter pans out every day, and they bathe themselves. I know plenty of dogs that are far smellier than my bunnies.

Well, it's not that simple. I can start to seriously look into it after I move out of the dorms at the university I'm going to and get an apartment ( probably won't afford a house until at least after I graduate from the university. And my family's anti snake and ferret). And then I'll need a job that pays enough for all the monthly costs. If I'm allowed to have a pet at all. Or I could wait a few more years until I get a house, I guess (as in around 7 from now).

As far as the smell, I can't smell anything unless it's really, really strong (like a flower in my face strong), so 'managing' it would mean cleaning more than usual to be sure. Then I have to worry about the neighbors/landlord complaining (again, if I'm even allowed)
    Well, should this decision ever become a reality, I vote ferret. (But snakes are great too!)

Oh God no XD. I was just talking about some anesthesia they gave me when my wisdom teeth were taken out after they repeatedly poked my arms trying to get the stupid IV in.
    Just teasin'. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Could you imagine a world without hypothetical situations?
    Ha.

EVERYTHING.
    That sounds like a challenge.

Llama eating pastry? I bet that's not on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Also, Profesco, when I first told people I was getting a rabbit one of the first reactions out of them was "Rabbits stink!" Huge misconception. I clean their litter pans out every day, and they bathe themselves. I know plenty of dogs that are far smellier than my bunnies.
    That's just my point, yeah! I've known people who've owned ferrets, and they really didn't pose a smell problem. Actually, I think dogs have been the smelliest and loudest of all the pets I've come to be acquainted with. Especially the small ones.

Small dogs, bah. >_<;

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    EVERYTHING.
    Jokes about the internet are not funny.

In other news:

DRAG SHOW TOMORROW! HELL YES!
    Last edited by Zazie; 6th April 2012 at 2:44 AM.

Small dogs, bah. >_<;
    Agreed. I could never get a small dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    It really depends on the apartment company. I know here most people charge an extra $50 or so per month if you have pets (I er.. never actually told the management that I have rabbits). I don't see why anyone wouldn't let you have a snake or a ferret, they're not noisy like dogs. Are ferrets known to be destructive...? I'm not familiar at all with their behavior, but I know some people are hesitant about a renter owning rabbits since they sometimes chew up carpets and baseboards. That's going to be fun for me when I start my apartment search.
    I have no idea what kind of policy the companies around here have about pets, but I already found some places that are supposedly alright. Then again, why bother telling them if people like you don't have a problem?

I'd just be more cautious about having a ferret because they do smell from everything I've seen, and they're much more active/prone to cause damage than a snake ever would be. Besides, it seems like there's less work involved in keeping a snake than a ferret (less cleaning, liability etc). Ferrets aren't oughtright destructive, but they can use claws and teeth on things if they really want to. I just know that it'll be expensive either way (like $150 a month when I get $150 per holiday), so I'll need a job. And I have no idea how my rent will be paid. [SIZE=1]I've been wanting a job for a while anyways because more money=more independence for the most part. But I have no idea how busy I'll be in college/university and 'we'll get there when we get there' when it comes to future living expenses.[SIZE] So this is why 'future pet' pretty much means 'college graduation gift'.

Well, should this decision ever become a reality, I vote ferret. (But snakes are great too!)
    Yeah, I love ferrets too ^^. I'll just have to sort this all out when I can

TL;DR: I need a really flexible job
    Last edited by Loco4Treecko; 6th April 2012 at 2:47 AM.

..son, it all depends on what you're into.
    Generally speaking, the Internet is a worse version of real life when it comes to that sort of thing. Those with strange tastes... they might disagree.

Llama eating pastry? I bet that's not on the internet.
    It is now.

Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Pretty much my feelings on the matter, too, but I guess everyone has to be entertained by SOMEthing.

Also, great name change choice. Just throwing that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It is now.

That was just kid stuff. Let's up the ante.

A comment-enabled Youtube video with no stupid comments.

Game on.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

That was just kid stuff. Let's up the ante.

A comment-enabled Youtube video with no stupid comments.

Game on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE

Come at me.

i hope the next one is a goose wearing shoes because 've got that one covered
    life is
    a game

GET A BIRD

Pretty much any apartments allow birds since they're kept in a cage, so they're considered to be more like a house decoration than anything. Heck, I have an African Gray parrot and nobody cares. But I would personally suggest smaller birds for you. May I suggest cockatiels? They're relatively small but also kinda big, so they're in the middle. You can teach them to talk with proper dedication*. They don't take up much space. They're also endlessly entertaining; if you get them from a breeder or have the dedication to tame them, then they'll sit on your finger.

*It's easier to teach them to talk if they're alone; otherwise they'll imitate each other and never learn human speech. However, if you have just one, you can't be away from home too long or it'll get lonely.

I should probably add that birds metabolize faster than most mammals, meaning they're more energetic than mammilian pets (they'll be active more often and not sleeping) and CERTAINLY less lethargic than snakes.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 6th April 2012 at 3:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    GET A BIRD

Pretty much any apartments allow birds since they're kept in a cage, so they're considered to be more like a house decoration than anything. Heck, I have an African Gray parrot and nobody cares. But I would personally suggest smaller birds for you. May I suggest cockatiels? They're relatively small but also kinda big, so they're in the middle. You can teach them to talk with proper dedication*. They don't take up much space. They're also endlessly entertaining; if you get them from a breeder or have the dedication to tame them, then they'll sit on your finger.

*It's easier to teach them to talk if they're alone; otherwise they'll imitate each other and never learn human speech. However, if you have just one, you can't be away from home too long or it'll get lonely.
    I don't like birds. Waay too messy and noisy. And I also have no idea how long I'll be away from home on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Uh.

What

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I...wasn't making a joke...

BlackPeople.jpg
    I burst out laughing when I saw the crowbar.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 6th April 2012 at 3:37 AM.

>"PS3>Wii>XBOX 360"

YOU LOSE.

GOOD DAY, SIR. ("sir" removed because target's ego doesn't need padding)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    >"PS3>Wii>XBOX 360"

YOU LOSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gRzmCf1EI

I had to

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    >"PS3>Wii>XBOX 360"

YOU LOSE.

No, I thought that made a lot of sense.

Sorry, Jb#s, not even your video is immune. But it's not the worst, and I'm a generous grader, so fine.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i hope the next one is a goose wearing shoes because 've got that one covered
    Shoot.

Gimme a minute, then.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014

Page 479 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3794294694754764774784794804814824834895295791479 ... LastLast