Page 520 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

It's all about the forum stats.

Cruxis is actually helping the site by making accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    That might be part of it, but since we've been having intermittent discussions about what's made misc. worse ever since late 2008, I've starting thinking that it's more just the number of people here at all. I mean, there were a lot of really smart, good posters back then, but there were also many more shitty ones everybody hated, not to mention legions of absolute nobodies who were just passing through. It's that concept of throwing enough crap at a wall until some of it sticks, and you wind up with a lot of lousy, uninspired content, but also more good and entertaining stuff.
    All the reminiscing makes me wish 2012 me was the same as 2008 me. (I ****ing hate 2008 me) Then I could actually understand what people are saying when they say misc. used to be good.

It does suck that a lot of good posters left/got banned, but I can't really blame them. I have lost track of how many times I left this place.
    Last edited by Zazie; 26th April 2012 at 4:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Yes. Legitimate answer.
    Confusing. Either way, though, I'm not sure if I've ever seen him post and not mention the fact that he is a mod in one context or another, and I find that really damn annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    You know
    We could just
    Um
    Delete the accounts?

I mean ****, it's the most sensable thing to do. And if he comes back with them, just keep deleting them.
    I'm pretty sure every ****ing forum on the planet does this . Jesus.
    Big Nutter isn't an admin, so he can't do that. But he wants to help and did you know that he is a moderator?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    All the reminiscing makes me wish 2012 Glass Eye was the same as 2008 Glass Eye. (I ****ing hate 2008 Glass Eye) Then I could actually understand what people are saying when they say misc. used to be good.

It does suck that a lot of good posters left/got banned, but I can't really blame them. I have lost track of how many times I left this place.
    What was 2008 Glass Eye like? I can't say I remember offhand.

And I don't know if "good" is the best word to describe it, but regardless, this forum was once as funny as **** every day.

I've never really thought of "leaving" though. I mean, you're gone, but then you come back some day and you basically never left. I don't know.

Prickly... like, Vavavoom sort of prickly, or less primadonna and camp?
    Less camp, but still prima donna as hell.

That might be part of it, but since we've been having intermittent discussions about what's made misc. worse ever since late 2008, I've starting thinking that it's more just the number of people here at all. I mean, there were a lot of really smart, good posters back then, but there were also many more shitty ones everybody hated, not to mention legions of absolute nobodies who were just passing through. It's that concept of throwing enough crap at a wall until some of it sticks, and you wind up with a lot of lousy, uninspired content, but also more good and entertaining stuff.
    Basically, yeah. (Also "bastard" is no longer censored.)

Big Nutter isn't an admin, so he can't do that. But he wants to help and did you know that he is a moderator?
    Couldn't other admins do that?

/shrug

Well yes he isn't, but I don't see why the actual admins can't. Even petty spambot accounts are not deleted. Most forums I've been on purge those instantly. Why do they still exist?

I mean, at this point nearly everything here on SPPf is mindnumbingly stupid. I really don't know why I come here. Here's a few decent people here ( some in misc and a good few in the RNGers group here) but other than that everyone else here is ****. I should probably leave, but when **** like Cruxis happens here you get reactions like no other, and they are honestly too damn funny.
    oopsie

Well yes he isn't, but I don't see why the actual admins can't. Even petty spambot accounts are not deleted. Most forums I've been on purge those instantly. Why do they still exist?

I mean, at this point nearly everything here on SPPf is mindnumbingly stupid. I really don't know why I come here. Here's a few decent people here ( some in misc and a good few in the RNGers group here) but other than that everyone else here is ****. I should probably leave, but when **** like Cruxis happens here you get reactions like no other, and they are honestly too damn funny.
    Why don't you leave then...? It won't kill you. Back in '09 I left for about 10 months, and then again after a short bit during '10 and I'm not dead.

New music guise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcumFt3WaU
    Last edited by Atari; 26th April 2012 at 4:53 AM.

A lot of stuff here doesn't make since. Such as the 1 month bump rule. The more space you use, the more money it cost to run the site. If I had a dollar for every duplicate thread here I'd be loaded. Hell, we could probably get custom avi's with the space you'd save but w/e.

Then we have the Dawn fanclub.

What was 2008 Glass Eye like? I can't say I remember offhand.
    In regard to these forums, I don't even remember 2008. 2009, I got into way too many pointless flame wars, and in 2010 I was too uptight. It wasn't until 2011 after some crazy real ****, that I became the poster I am today.
    Last edited by Zazie; 26th April 2012 at 5:00 AM.

A lot of stuff here doesn't make since. Such as the 1 month bump rule. The more space you use, the more money it cost to run the site. If I had a dollar for every duplicate thread here I'd be loaded. Hell, we could probably get custom avi's with the space you'd save but w/e.

Let's not even witch-hunt here. There's a lot of space-saving things that could be done just by blanking a few really useless small things here and there. Though, that would probably be a lot of effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
    Let's not even witch-hunt here. There's a lot of space-saving things that could be done just by blanking a few really useless small things here and there. Though, that would probably be a lot of effort...
    Purging the "art" in the shipping section should do the trick.

chill out jb i could say the same thing about alternate anime but i dont

I'm going tell that you are double posting. That's bad and taking up forum space.

not the jb that i once knew....

I'm going tell that you are double posting. That's bad and taking up forum space.
    Forum space that could be better used to allow people over the age of 18 to discuss a game intended for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Forum space that could be better used to allow people over the age of 18 to discuss a game intended for children.
    You're a game intended for children.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    You're a game intended for children.
    Your mom's a game intended for children.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

I love myself

Oh might I add that pretty much every Pokemon forum ( I'll mention smogon) runs custom avatars.

Oh and I did leave for smogon during my four month ban. I only came back here because I know the culture here slightly better, and I have more online buddies here. Im slowly going to ditch SPPf though because so far smogon has proven to be a much more sensable and just forum compared to the blandness and childish aspects of serebii
    oopsie

Most Shipping threads/pokegirl club are like the dawn club taking about mostly the same thing

I love myself

Oh might I add that pretty much every Pokemon forum ( I'll mention smogon) runs custom avatars.

Oh and I did leave for smogon during my four month ban. I only came back here because I know the culture here slightly better, and I have more online buddies here. Im slowly going to ditch SPPf though because so far smogon has proven to be a much more sensable and just forum compared to the blandness and childish aspects of serebii
    Enthralling tale brethren.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesto Berry View Post
    chill out jb i could say the same thing about alternate anime but i dont
    At least there is more than a few things to talk about there unlike the dawn club

I'm just going to continue to sit back and watch the children squabble and flail about. Being on the internet for 22 years(ish) allows for a perspective of human behavior some of you are just learning about. *Munches some Popcorn* Continue...

So true!

I have been on the Net for 2 years(ish). I'm 11 now and I've been here since I was 9.

Golden...you're hopeless...

I been using the net by myself since 2004 and used it with my dad around 2001-2004 on a Bob the builder game (I was 3-5 then and dad mostly only let me watch/click on a mouse)
    Last edited by kuzronk; 26th April 2012 at 3:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    Being on the internet for 22 years(ish)
    Unless you are referring to Usenet, I really find that hard to believe.

I remember using the internet back in 97/98 (can't remember) I used Netscape browser and Altavista search engine to look up **** about Dragonball Z (and to a lesser extent Pokemon and Ranma 1/2) Those were the days all those geocities pages, incorrect information and fake pictures. I remember someone saying the predecessor to Dragonball Z was Dragonballz. I ate that **** up. Everyone wanted to know everything they could about DBZ spoilers be damned. You could make some decent chump change selling printed out webpages of DBZ information.

I didn't really have full unmitigated internet access until the end of 2007, however. (due to either not having a computer or not having decent internet before then)
    Last edited by Zazie; 26th April 2012 at 3:47 PM.

Page 520 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 420470510516517518519520521522523524530570620 ... LastLast