Page 589 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,725 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It's not ok

I think your Giratina avatar was the longest you went without changing though, even though you did use about 3 variations
    Yeah I was trying to get it trending. I wanted people to look at it and think, Mister SGG

but then I got bored

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Just wrote a song about Asians.

I feel really good about this.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    So I am trying to think of ways to make small amounts of money with little effort. (because the job fairy hasn't been kind to me)

My current plan is to turn Magic cards into money. I know how to get them for a low price, I just need to figure which way of selling them will give me the best profits, while still providing a good deal to potential customers.
    Online poker.

Or you could become an ebay seller, if you have spare junk that isn't that significant to you. Meanwhile volunteer at a job that would furnish a CV pretty nicely. It worked for me, just had to have 5 months' patience.

So um I already told rezbro but I saw the avengers today. Good sh*t man

Ever since Iron Man superhero movies have been great

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I was kinda joking, because even though they're absolutely my favorite band ever, outside of a couple songs, they're kind of a niche group that not too many people appreciate. But if you do, all the better, and I'll be extremely impressed.

I would make some actual suggestions, but it's kind of hard without already knowing what somebody is into, since there really is a lot of variety in classic rock, and there aren't many groups that everybody will like (besides the Beatles, obviously).
    As long as I like how it sounds, I don't really care how niche it is. Suggest away.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

herp derp no ones posting

Allow me to initiate some conversation with penis I bought some peanut free peanut butter. umad

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post

Allow me to initiate some conversation with penis I bought some peanut free peanut butter. umad
    Is mayonnaise an Instrument?

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

People are posting, mang.

Also what the **** is peanut free peanut butter. Is that like alcohol-free beer just plain butter?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

So um I already told rezbro but I saw the avengers today. Good sh*t man

Ever since Iron Man superhero movies have been great
    I was watching the Avengers and all I could think about was where is Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I personally recommend becoming a va

I personally recommend not allowing me to make a reference like that or I actually WILL swallow this straight razor.

As far as cards to money goes: if you want to keep playing, play Sealed. If you can sell cards on your own, look for any shops that still have the Commander decks for $30, especially if they still have the white/black/green deck (Counterpunch) -- Scavenging Ooze is worth about $32 right now. You'll have to change methods eventually and it's only a small return, but hey, it's something, and the other rares are worth a little bit. Well, some of them are; the rest could be bulk-sold.
    What is a va ?

I am probably going to focus sealed product if anything. The singles market is a little too risky, but I can make 10-15 dollars a box, selling boosters at a discount. My issue is getting customers and whether I should try to oragnize drafts/sealed tournaments to push product. It's not a great way of a making cash, but it beats dumpster diving. (though that does sound like fun)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate555 View Post
    Or you could become an ebay seller, if you have spare junk that isn't that significant to you. Meanwhile volunteer at a job that would furnish a CV pretty nicely. It worked for me, just had to have 5 months' patience.
    There aren't a lot of volunteer jobs available that I know of, just internships. (which I shouldn't start applying to in fall, so I can get school credit for them) What is a CV ? (damn acronyms)

Also what the **** is peanut free peanut butter. Is that like alcohol-free beer just plain butter?
    I'm guessing it's like Coca-Cola Zero. Great Coke taste (looooooool yeah right), zero sugar.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

What is a va ?
    Me cutting myself off. The line was "becoming a vampire and gaining fate manipulation powers."

I am probably going to focus sealed product if anything. The singles market is a little too risky, but I can make 10-15 dollars a box, selling boosters at a discount. My issue is getting customers and whether I should try to oragnize drafts/sealed tournaments to push product. It's not a great way of a making cash, but it beats dumpster diving. (though that does sound like fun)
    Make sense. The singles market is kind of a pain in the ***. It's hard to sell things to other players, and selling to shops will only get you so far. I sold a Windswept Heath to a shop for $13 when it was only a $25 card. Now that it's worth $30, I'm even more of a *******.

e: Also if you can get boxes for less than $120 and are a judge, host small (8-player) draft events. Offer the remains of the box as prize support and charge $15 for admission.

I'm guessing it's like Coca-Cola Zero. Great Coke taste (looooooool yeah right), zero sugar.
    So it tastes like carbonated sweat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I was watching the Avengers and all I could think about was where is Goku.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 20th May 2012 at 3:20 AM.

The usual links

There aren't a lot of volunteer jobs available that I know of, just internships. (which I shouldn't start applying to in fall, so I can get school credit for them) What is a CV ? (damn acronyms)
    Oh, apologies, that's a Britishism/Latinism. "Curriculum Vitae", or alternatively, "Resume".

How about organised events? I don't know about there, but here we have several week-long events (festivals, sports tournaments, country shows, etc) that are always hiring staff online. They don't normally require skills (the jobs involve stewarding and such), although bar/catering experience can come in handy. You'd need to be able to travel there, but after that the money's normally worth it, and accommodation/meals ought to be provided.

e: Also if you can get boxes for less than $120 and are a judge, host small (8-player) draft events. Offer the remains of the box as prize support and charge $15 for admission.
    That was one of my ideas. I can easily get boxes for $90 so that is 30 dollars of profit before I deduct for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate555 View Post
    Oh, apologies, that's a Britishism/Latinism. "Curriculum Vitae", or alternatively, "Resume".

How about organised events? I don't know about there, but here we have several week-long events (festivals, sports tournaments, country shows, etc) that are always hiring staff online. They don't normally require skills (the jobs involve stewarding and such), although bar/catering experience can come in handy. You'd need to be able to travel there, but after that the money's normally worth it, and accommodation/meals ought to be provided.
    I may want to check into that, I have some anime con volunteer experience, so I have have some experience in customer service.

That was one of my ideas. I can easily get boxes for $90 so that is 30 dollars of profit before I deduct for shipping.
    Nice. I should get in on that.

I should have gotten in on that when Worldwake was the current set, actually.

oops

I wonder if New Phyrexia boxes will still be available. (Probably not!)

The usual links

I wonder if New Phyrexia boxes will still be available. (Probably not!)
    It is, but you probably can't get it cheap enough. If you want boxes cheap, your best bet is to get the newest sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    *Likes .

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

For God's sake, 10 year old glory hunters keep on posting in The Soccer Thread and ruining it.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

For God's sake, 10 year old glory hunters keep on posting in The Soccer Thread and ruining it.
    UMadBro!?!?

yeah sure why not.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

It is, but you probably can't get it cheap enough. If you want boxes cheap, your best bet is to get the newest sets.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Nnnnnot really a fan of AVR, though. Oh well.

The usual links

Magic discussion:

I have always, and still do, like Yu-Gi-Oh! better. Not because it has a TV show (that sucks) but because I'm decent at playing for free online. Plus having cards that are worth a lot of money, and sentitmental as well.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Magic discussion:

I have always, and still do, like Yu-Gi-Oh! better. Not because it has a TV show (that sucks) but because I'm decent at playing for free online. Plus having cards that are worth a lot of money, and sentitmental as well.
    My cousins got me into playing Magic when I was younger, but I could never convince my parents to buy me the cards. They got me Pokemon ones instead.

But anyways, I went to the mall with some friends today and had a lot more fun than I was expecting. I got a few things I'd been needing, and nearly bought a knock-off Yoshi Pillow Pet, but the lady running the Kiosk was too busy texting to realize that I was waving dosh in her face.

My sister also dragged me into Hot Topic and they had replicas of Goku's shirt...but I noticed that they had to write "THIS IS FROM THE SHOW DRAGON BALL Z" on the plastic case thing it was in. Apparently people didn't know what it was from.

After dinner we went over to the book store across from the mall and I got an awesome haul. I almost bought those three CDs at FYE for nearly twice the prices when I was in the mall, so I'm glad I found them so cheap. I also got an iPod dock/speaker system for $10, and my sister found some CDs by some Japanese lady (BoA or something) and was freaking out about it. I was quite satisfied with my purchases, mostly because I was able to replace my dad's missing Dark Side of the Moon for pretty cheap. I also got a few useful text books for cheap, so it was all good.
    Last edited by ArmorAndonomon; 20th May 2012 at 5:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    But anyways, I went to the mall with some friends today and had a lot more fun than I was expecting. I got a few things I'd been needing, and nearly bought a knock-off Yoshi Pillow Pet, but the lady running the Kiosk was too busy texting to realize that I was waving dosh in her face.
    There's a little shop that sells overpriced anime tat in the closest indoor mall to wear I live (which is in Aurora, a.k.a. a 40-minute drive), and I usually have this problem. I've had one guy ask me if he could help me find something. He couldn't, though. I go in there pretty often. The clerks are never connected to reality. I've managed to pick up some $5 decks of playing cards, because I love those things for some reason. And the jokers make for interesting tokens in CCGs.

My sister also dragged me into Hot Topic and they had replicas of Goku's shirt...but I noticed that they had to write "THIS IS FROM THE SHOW DRAGON BALL Z" on the plastic case thing it was in. Apparently people didn't know what it was from.
    That's Hot Topic and its customer base for ya.

After dinner we went over to the book store across from the mall and I got an awesome haul. I almost bought those three CDs at FYE for nearly twice the prices when I was in the mall, so I'm glad I found them so cheap. I also got an iPod dock/speaker system for $10, and my sister found some CDs by some Japanese lady (BoA or something) and was freaking out about it. I was quite satisfied with my purchases, mostly because I was able to replace my dad's missing Dark Side of the Moon for pretty cheap. I also got a few useful text books for cheap, so it was all good.
    >Caress of Steel

that's pretty much the most important thing you got

Well, Dark Side is great, too, but since it's so ubiquitous, it bores me sometimes.

The usual links

Page 589 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast