Page 619 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,475 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    my opinion stays the same.
    can't say i care :3

Well as long as it's not "girl on the internet" syndrome gender is irrelevant to me.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Well as long as it's not "girl on the internet" syndrome gender is irrelevant to me.
    what's that?

no wait i found it.

the symptoms are:

Attention-seeking
    Arrogance
    Semi-nude photography
    Constant whining
    Narcissism
    Excessive flirting
    Fishing for compliments
    Expecting and accepting undeserved social privileges (ex. ops)
    Casually dropping hints about their gender over and over
    Being completely unaware of having GOTIS
    Denying GOTIS

nope don't see anyone with those symptoms around here.
    Last edited by RAGD0LL; 30th May 2012 at 12:33 AM.

When a girl uses the fact that she's a girl for attention on the internet. A good example would be the "gamer girl" type that ruins it for the girls who actually play video games.

That's a shame, since the idea of countries as people is a pretty good idea, it just is miserable with the execution.
    I've actually thought this as well. Countries as people is potentially hilarious. Or really poignant and surreal. Or all of the above. Unfortunately, run-of-the-mill Japanese anime.

When a girl uses the fact that she's a girl for attention on the internet. A good example would be the "gamer girl" type that ruins it for the girls who actually play video games.
    LOL. most gamer girls who proclaim themselves as 'gamer girls' don't know **** about games. and i'm not even one them. that's just a general observation. although it annoys the **** out of me when a girl says she likes pokemon, and when i ask for her favorites the only one she can name is pikachu =_=

Re: Girl On The Internet Syndrome

Let's be fair, here, guys. While I'm sure there are girls on the Internet who exhibit all the specified behaviors in obnoxious ways, how many girls on the Internet are classified Girls On The Internet just because they're girls on the Internet?

I mean, "makes references to her gender"? What the hell, man? Someone can't talk about gender-specific issues the same time they talk about predominantly guy-oriented subjects like video-games? Basically what I'm getting here is, "A girl on the Internet is annoying, unless she makes no reference to being a girl on the Internet." There are so many other implications from this, all of them wrapped tightly in a layer of not-so-subtle layer of casual misogyny, it's ridiculous.

Also,"gamer girls" ruin it for girls who actually play video-games? Aren't ... aren't they both girls who play video games? Aren't there plenty of guys who try to talk about video-games without knowing much about them? Why is being popular in video-game communities highly sought after to begin with?

But seriously, why the distinction? There are just annoying girls on the Internet and cool girls on the Internet, ditto for guys. To have a list of distinct behaviors to distinguish cool ones from those who aren't, as they have to avoid some sort of default status, is, like, kind of sexist.

So stop being motherfucking sexist.
    Last edited by Cipher; 30th May 2012 at 12:52 AM.

^ I don't think being immersed in a world of video games is something worth bragging about tbh. I'd rather be a loser in the video game community than a loser in the real world.

Oh, and then there's that troll who, when they discover a person saying they're a girl on the internet, will tell said girl to "go back in the kitchen and make them a sandwich".

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Oh, and then there's that troll who, when they discover a person saying they're a girl on the internet, will tell said girl to "go back in the kitchen and make them a sandwich".
    This happens everywhere. It happens under feminist videos on youtube. Not just places where girls are minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Re: Girl On The Internet Syndrome

Let's be fair, here, guys. While I'm sure there are girls on the Internet who exhibit all the specified behaviors in obnoxious ways, how many girls on the Internet are classified Girls On The Internet just because they're girls on the Internet?

I mean, "makes references to her gender"? What the hell, man? Someone can't talk about gender-specific issues the same time they talk about predominantly guy-oriented subjects like video-games? Basically what I'm getting here is, "A girl on the Internet is annoying, unless she makes no reference to being a girl on the Internet." There are so many other implications from this, all of them wrapped tightly in a layer of not-so-subtle layer of casual misogyny.

Also,"gamer girls" ruin it for girls who actually play video-games? Aren't ... aren't they both girls who play video games? Aren't there plenty of guys who try to talk about video-games without knowing much about them? Why is being popular in video-game communities highly sought after to begin with?

But seriously, why the distinction? There are just annoying girls on the Internet and cool girls on the Internet. To have a list of distinct behaviors to distinguish cool ones from those who aren't, as they have to avoid some sort of default status, is, like, kind of sexist.
    I agree with it being used against a regular girl far more than it should be, I just picked video games simply because it's easiest to pull up a "hot girl with a controller" picture that just makes it worse for everyone else.

Honestly it should just be melded in with the general "attention whore" type.

I agree with it being used against a regular girl far more than it should be, I just picked video games simply because it's easiest to pull up a "hot girl with a controller" picture that just makes it worse for everyone else.

Tell me girls who use themselves as their profile pics are attention *****s. This isn't facebook gdi it's a Pokemon forum.

That's a shame, since the idea of countries as people is a pretty good idea, it just is miserable with the execution.
    Actually, the only good thing is to use well-known symbols to represent people, such as playing card suits or zodiac signs

Countries are just bleh because they remind me of politics

^ Click this for good times ^

Pasta?
    Im back.Did ya miss me?
    Last edited by HetaOni; 30th May 2012 at 1:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGD0LL View Post
    Tell me girls who use themselves as their profile pics are attention *****s. This isn't facebook gdi it's a Pokemon forum.
    Profile pics only show up if you visit their profile, so that's not attention whoring. If it's a sig or something maybe, depends on the context.

Wait

I can get more attention by posing as a girl

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Wait

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    XD
    10Charizards

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Wait

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Let me give you a makeover.

This.

Other things making the hate mill today: Smogon. Not for any new or groundbreaking reason, and they continue to be the premier English-language resource for competitive/semi-competitive Pokemon. But every time I get back into playing, I learn to loathe their philosophy anew for pretending Pokemon is goddamn chess, for dismissing Wi-Fi and 3 vs 3 play wholly in favor of their vastly different, altered online simulator, for ignoring trends among global players who don't share their tiers and standard clauses, etc.

Basically, a great resource if you want to use their system, their online simulator and battle their members. None of this would bother me at all, except for the fact that it's all spilled into every nook and cranny of the Western fanbase, and so much of it is just ass-backwards in terms of actually playing Pokemon.

Two threads I once found browsing their forums on the Japanese competitive community and Wi-Fi trends were among the most interesting things I've ever seen on the site. Lasted two or three pages each. Then, like, sixty pages debating banning Moody from their self-imposed tiers. : |

i love attention Wh0res

To dream the impossible dream, to fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
    To try when your arms are too weary. To reach the unreachable star!
    This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.
    To reach, that unreachable star!
    I have claimed Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Someone make me go to bed the birds are already starting to chirp TT______TT

I still don't get why moody is banned. It's such a fun ability.

But then again people got pissed when I made an Acupuncture Baton Pass Dodrio.

Why did he get banned?

This is my quest! To follow that Star! No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!
    And The world will be better for this, that one man, scorned and covered with scars still strove to his last ounce of courage.

^ LOL moody is an ability.

I'm aware -____- i meant to say IT

Page 619 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast