Page 734 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 634684724730731732733734735736737738744784834 ... LastLast
Results 18,326 to 18,350 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    Again, Smogon doesn't even "force" you to battle in any such way (more proof that your mindset is more from Serebii than it is from anything accurate).
    Except for the fact that almost every Pokemon message board, thread, or community on the internet recognizes their rules as what constitutes a 'standard' battle.

But anyways as I understand it this argument started when two people made a halfwitted joke talking about internet forums and you accused them of something. You were literally taking offense to a joke on the internet about another internet community.

Sit back and absorb that one for a second.
    Last edited by Cifala; 9th July 2012 at 2:05 AM.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    Except for the fact that almost every Pokemon message board, thread, or community on the internet recognizes their rules as what constitutes a 'standard' battle.
    That's not force. This just means that the Pokemon community likes their standards.

You were literally taking offense to a joke on the internet about another internet community.

Sit back and absorb that one for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime
    I'm just going to assume that Rezzo and KickAsh were trolling in the form of being obviously wrong about Smogon's attitude on purpose.
    Not seeing what you see I guess.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/dheavp.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Nuit

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Competitive Pokemon battling.. really?... wtf. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Competitive Pokemon battling.. really?... wtf. @_@
    People have to find something to pass the time I suppose.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

God dammit my parents are fighting again.

What are they fighting about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    It's super-effective!

Last edited by Cipher; 9th July 2012 at 3:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    When they break up, they'll be busy vying for your attention by buying things for you so you'll have that to look forward to.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Anyone here watch EVO?
    Credit to Nuit

Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Redmage really does try to friend every new female user. He PM'd me right after I joined asking me what I looked like, how old I was, etc. He eventually gave up after he found out he wasn't going to get any serious answers out of me. The dude's harmless to anyone who can see he's a creep from the minute he contacts them, but I have a feeling he could be dangerous for younger girls on this site who may not know better.
    Harmless? lol he shouldn't be on this site. Simple as that.

I'm kind of sad I missed a fight over the merits of a competitive Pokemon battling forum. In other news, read this because I literally had tears streaming down my face.[/url] I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of a guy batting his eyelashes against a womans underboob.
    Last edited by Profesco; 10th July 2012 at 7:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

15. "Dip your breasts in edible body paint, and use them to 'sponge paint' his entire body. Then lick it off."
    22. "Mix one tablespoon of saliva (the kind deep in your throat works best - its viscosity makes it a good substitute for lube) with one tablespoon of water to stretch the spit."
    Uhhhh what.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

That's not force. This just means that the Pokemon community likes their standards.
    And when every Pokemon community likes their standards, then you're forced to use them due everyone else basing their competitive section around them.

But what do I care, this is just another case of GhostAnime "debating" something that didn't need debating in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I'm kind of sad I missed a fight over the merits of a competitive Pokemon battling forum.
    Its been discussed to death countless times, this being the most recent thread I could find. There's probably a better one, but I can't seem to locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    And when every Pokemon community likes their standards, then you're forced to use them due everyone else basing their competitive section around them.
    That's still not force from Smogon. You're as free to create a tournament with your own rules and standards as the next guy.

I don't think you guys know what forced means. This isn't me being a technical *******. You really aren't forced to do anything. Smash players aren't forced to do anything too.

this is just another case of GhostAnime "debating" something that didn't need debating in the first place.
    This is just another case of jb adding in absolutely nothing to a discussion other than further proving that his stupidity has no bounds.
    Last edited by GhostAnime; 9th July 2012 at 1:10 PM.
    Credit to Nuit

This is just another case of jb adding in absolutely nothing to a discussion other than further proving that his stupidity has no bounds.
    It is rather amusing just how easily you will enter sanctimony mode yet personally insult people regularly.

Anybody watch the tennis yesterday? Federer was simply sublime.

Insult for insult, bro.
    Credit to Nuit

Why won't GhostAnime just leave?

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I'm kind of sad I missed a fight over the merits of a competitive Pokemon battling forum. In other news, read this because I literally had tears streaming down my face.[/url] I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of a guy batting his eyelashes against a womans underboob.
    26. Use "your electric toothbrush" or "your iPhone [when your vibrator is out of batteries]."

Cyber?
    Last edited by Profesco; 10th July 2012 at 7:06 AM.

That's still not force from Smogon. You're as free to create a tournament with your own rules and standards as the next guy.

I don't think you guys know what forced means. This isn't me being a technical *******. You really aren't forced to do anything. Smash players aren't forced to do anything too.
    What you fail to realize is that the majority of the competitive battling community is inarguably controlled by Smogon. No exceptions. And if you want to battle in a competitive tournament, 9 times out of 10 it will be Smogon rules. Forced is an accurate description of what is going on. Sure, you can ramble on and on about how nobody is required to follow the rules, but when you sit down and crunch the numbers, it's clearly a logical fallacy. Group pressure and self-entitled battlers shove the mentality down other people's throats in an ever-expanding web of control.
    So, realistically, the average competitive battler has one of two choices: Smogon rules, or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh
    Because the great and powerful Smogon is always right, and as a messenger, it is his job to convert new followers!
    (not srs)

Darn that silly GhostAnime. >=( Constantly responding to people who reply to him. Why can't he just be a normal person and not reply to posts?

What you fail to realize is that the majority of the competitive battling community is inarguably controlled by Smogon. No exceptions. And if you want to battle in a competitive tournament, 9 times out of 10 it will be Smogon rules. Forced is an accurate description of what is going on. Sure, you can ramble on and on about how nobody is required to follow the rules, but when you sit down and crunch the numbers, it's clearly a logical fallacy.
    And what fallacy is that? Mind listing it? Let's see if you're blowing smoke or not.

I visit many online communities. There are plenty competitive games that have varying rules. There usually is one standard ruling set, but others have different standards among them.

I think the only difference is that Smogon actually has a philosophy most people agree with. You can't fault people for agreeing with it and thinking it's correct.

You spoke that your only issues were a few select bans and clauses. Those aren't as overriding as you think. In fact, on Pokemon Online, you are given the option to check them out.

Group pressure and self-entitled battlers shove the mentality down other people's throats in an ever-expanding web of control.
    Lol group pressure and self-entitlement. Still hanging onto the assumption that it's some corrupt mindset rather than people preferring it for practicality? Have you asked all of these tournaments and websites yourself and confirmed that this was the case?

So, realistically, the average competitive battler has one of two choices: Smogon rules, or get out.
    Or the third choice: for people to stop whining and create whatever they feel is needed. You people act like it's impossible, but if you weren't arm chair activists, maybe it'd get done.
    Credit to Nuit

Biography: Debater
    Interests: Debating
    Meanwhile, I may have found the answer to The Eleventh's question.

Constantly responding to people who reply to him. Why can't he just be a normal person and not reply to posts?
    This is literally all I'm doing, guys.
    Credit to Nuit

This is literally all I'm doing, guys.
    I wouldn't quite say that's all you're doing.

What am I doing differently from the people I'm responding to? Please, do tell.
    Credit to Nuit

Page 734 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 634684724730731732733734735736737738744784834 ... LastLast