Page 790 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 690740780786787788789790791792793794800840890 ... LastLast
Results 19,726 to 19,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I beat Metroid Prime today with a perfect 100%. I'm going to go back to the Ocarina of Time Master Quest, which I haven't played in... about a year.[/size]
    Those are awesome games, I've been meaning to play those again. But with the summer reading, other video games, movies, TV shows I gave myself to catch up on, and hanging out with friends I never had the time. Even less with the summer job I had but thats all over now.

I'm currently addicted to Advance Wars. And doing a Nuzlocke run on HG, I never knew how difficult it would be.
    Last edited by Takeo; 13th August 2012 at 2:56 AM.

See: BigLutz. You know, while he's a respectable* guy on some matters, surely when it comes to about half of his debate forum threads, he's just trying to play devil's advocate without telling us.
    No, after briefly glancing over the thread he is arguing the same exact conservative slippery slope position he always argues despite psychological evidence that proves otherwise: pedophiles and homosexuals are the same and if we condone homosexuality then we must condone pedophilia.
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Metroid Prime is a great game; if you get the chance to play those while juggling everything else, do it. Okay, so they are FPS games at least in part, so if you're adverse to those, you may wish to steer clear. It's my favorite FPS, though, tied with BioShock.

The Advance Wars games, though, are pretty good. I only don't own the original, but I have played it.

Quote Originally Posted by bel9 View Post
    No, after briefly glancing over the thread he is arguing the same exact conservative slippery slope position he always argues despite psychological evidence that proves otherwise: pedophiles and homosexuals are the same and if we condone homosexuality then we must condone pedophilia.
    Same thing re: his arguments.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I find it hard to control myself during Shark Week and I envy Aquaman.
    I was flipping through channels last night and I turned to a piece on the Discovery channel about the possibility of mermen/mermaids. The science behind the idea was really pretty cool, but when I realized that it was one of those fake documentary things they do, I was pretty disappointed. I remember they did something similar to that, but many years ago and about dragons. It's actually pretty annoying, especially since they have no disclaimers anywhere.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    It was going to be a parody thread mirroring the Debate Forum's "Pedophilia," which is currently active and has somehow reached three pages.

Unfortunately it didn't get passed the Debate Forum's moderated approval system.
    I'd just like to clarify, was the point to try and reveal the mistake of thinking the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia is one of degree rather than of kind by applying the same faulty assumption to the difference between pedophilia and pescaphilia?

Quote Originally Posted by bel9 View Post
    Looks to me like he's talking about their status or lackthereof as a mental disorder in the DSM. I doubt he intends it as an argument either for the condoning of pedophilia or the end of condoning homosexuality, though: disorder or not, there are real-world limitations of the application of inner desires to external reality. Even if pedophilia were not considered a mental disorder, it would still be unethical to condone it in practice due to the nature of its actual targets. Surely BigLutz realizes this and doesn't mistakenly think his argument could extend beyond the technical vocabulary in the pages of a medical manual.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I was flipping through channels last night and I turned to a piece on the Discovery channel about the possibility of mermen/mermaids. The science behind the idea was really pretty cool, but when I realized that it was one of those fake documentary things they do, I was pretty disappointed. I remember they did something similar to that, but many years ago and about dragons. It's actually pretty annoying, especially since they have no disclaimers anywhere.
    Having not seen this... do you have a short summary, maybe?

The usual links

Stop getting your hopes up. Come on.

You're right.

SugarFreeJazz, do you have a long summary that points out the major scientific flaws in the show?

The usual links

I meant stop getting your hopes up about the existence of dragons and whatnot.

Yay for messing up punchlines

When I flipped to it it was already about half way in, so I'm not sure how it began, but it was pretty much a fake documentary about a group of scientists claiming to have discovered evidence of mer-presence. They apparently found pieces of some kind of odd fish on the shores of some South American beach, and after some analysis, they came to the conclusion that it shared many similar qualities of a human. They then went on to cite periods in history in which people claim to have seen mermen/mermaids and also go into the science behind it. It was a bit melodramatic though. Especially towards the end, when, during the "interviews", the scientists were talking about how the local police of wherever they were, confiscated their data for some indeterminate reason.

It was pretty neat though. If they just did the science behind the idea and maybe show some real claims toward the possible existence of mermen/mermaids, it would've been much better.

My hopes remain at the same level as they were when I was 5. I can't help it. That kind of stuff is just so exciting and cool.

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    I meant stop getting your hopes up about the existence of dragons and whatnot.

Yay for messing up punchlines
    I'm not getting my hopes up. It'd possibly be cool (until one of said mythic creatures is bearing down my *** with six new ways to cause pain and suffering), but. Also I'm weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    When I flipped to it it was already about half way in, so I'm not sure how it began, but it was pretty much a fake documentary about a group of scientists claiming to have discovered evidence of mer-presence. They apparently found pieces of some kind of odd fish on the shores of some South American beach, and after some analysis, they came to the conclusion that it shared many similar qualities of a human. They then went on to cite periods in history in which people claim to have seen mermen/mermaids and also go into the science behind it. It was a bit melodramatic though. Especially towards the end, when, during the "interviews", the scientists were talking about how the local police of wherever they were, confiscated their data for some indeterminate reason.

It was pretty neat though. If they just did the science behind the idea and maybe show some real claims toward the possible existence of mermen/mermaids, it would've been much better.
    That's a little underwhelming, honestly. Not even fake science? Damn.

The usual links

Does the Discovery Channel play Trollhunter now?
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Surely they're just taking the "History Channel Approach" -- even if they do give a damn about the facts, they know that they don't sell as well as lies do, so they sell BS. Okay, so it's not as bad as History Channel and their obsessions with aliens...

The usual links

Yeah, it's all pretty disappointing.

pock pock pock

i feel like apologizing for being a twat earlier, but then again, its spp. we all know we love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I'd just like to clarify, was the point to try and reveal the mistake of thinking the difference between homosexuality and pedophilia is one of degree rather than of kind by applying the same faulty assumption to the difference between pedophilia and pescaphilia?
    He's asleep, but yeah, that was the idea.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

I was honestly surprised at the majority of posts in that thread. Then again I really shouldn't be, it's sppf after all.

I can't get over how they changed the Chuckie-Cheese franchise. Their whole theme song is about being grammatically incorrect because you're a kid. >.>

I wonder how this extension works.

キバゴ

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    I can't get over how they changed the Chuckie-Cheese franchise. Their whole theme song is about being grammatically incorrect because you're a kid. >.>

I wonder how this extension works.
    I wasn't aware of a change to Chuckie-Cheese. What happened? D:

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

This makes me sad. They ruined Chuck E. Cheese's good name.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    What the hell?! Why'd they have to mess that up? >.<

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.

Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

People actually care about Chuck E. Cheese? Their mascot was always ugly and their songs were never any good. It's par for the course for them really.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    People actually care about Chuck E. Cheese? Their mascot was always ugly and their songs were never any good. It's par for the course for them really.
    Something tells me you've never went there as a child.

Sig made by Izagar.

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Nightmare View Post
    What the hell?! Why'd they have to mess that up? >.<
    Youre not fucking serious right?

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

Page 790 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 690740780786787788789790791792793794800840890 ... LastLast