Page 905 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,625 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Ahahaha~

That just won't get old. XD
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

I don't blame you. Jon Stewart is great.

Side note:

Interesting.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I don't blame you. Jon Stewart is great.

Side note:

Interesting.
    Ive seen that before but it is still awesome!

I am going to be happy when this election is over

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post

B
    Me too. I'm so sick of getting political phone calls.
    Plus, I got into a huge fight with my dad the other day when he went off on a huge political rant and I made one comment he didn't agree with. He gets so riled up about politics so I keep my mouth shut 99% of the time but enough is enough already. Election season is the absolute worst.
    Zelphon IRL:

Ive seen that before but it is still awesome!

B
    me to. I was happy when I got to vote the last day. General voting is going to be a zoo.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    me to. I was happy when I got to vote the last day. General voting is going to be a zoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Me too. I'm so sick of getting political phone calls.
    Plus, I got into a huge fight with my dad the other day when he went off on a huge political rant and I made one comment he didn't agree with. He gets so riled up about politics so I keep my mouth shut 99% of the time but enough is enough already. Election season is the absolute worst.
    i honestly just dont care about it. all my friends are entirely to opinionated about it and they just make themselves look dumb.

I think that Obama and Romney should have a cage fight to the death, whoever wins obviously wants to be president more and therefore deserves the job.
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

I'm sick of hearing from ANYone about it in general.

I think that Obama and Romney should have a cage fight to the death, whoever wins obviously wants to be president more and therefore deserves the job.
    So Fox can come down on Obama for gettin' "thug" or Current can accuse Romney of hate crimes?
    The usual links

i honestly just dont care about it. all my friends are entirely to opinionated about it and they just make themselves look dumb.
    I don't generally talk about politics because I don't like conflict and I know what I believe so why argue about it? But when I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast and he acts like only one political party is full of corrupt assholes, I get tired of hearing about it. Apparently I'm a "Goddamned liberal" because I don't agree with his stance on abortion and it's only because I go to a "Goddamned liberal school" (lol community college wat?), not because I'm an intelligent person who can decide for myself what I believe or anything.

Reason number five billion why I am so ready to get the hell out of this house.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 5th November 2012 at 6:34 PM.
    Zelphon IRL:

I don't generally talk about politics because I don't like conflict and I know what I believe so why argue about it? But when I'm trying to enjoy my breakfast and he acts like only one political party is full of corrupt assholes, I get tired of hearing about it. Apparently I'm a "Goddamned liberal" because I don't agree with his stance on abortion and it's only because I go to a "Goddamned liberal school" (lol community college wat?), not because I'm an intelligent person who can decide for myself what I believe or anything.

At least your parents don't value what's going on in Katie Price's life and what is about to happen in the next episode of The Only Way Is Essex over politics (or over anything else, come to think of it. Damn this place!).

I still sympathise with your situation, though. My cousin used to live in a household similar to the one you're explaining, and it was pretty heated up there.
    Last edited by Rezzo; 5th November 2012 at 6:42 PM.
    [img]http://i37.*******.com/kaqkj7.jpg[/img]
    Nostalgic banner made by Team Brushfire (probably not even an active member anymore)
    Last.fm

You know there's something wrong with your politicians when the only commercials you see on TV are attack ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    At least your parents don't value what's going on in Katie Price's life and what is about to happen in the next episode of The Only Way Is Essex over politics (or over anything else, come to think of it. Damn this place!).

I still sympathise with your situation, though.
    Nah, my dad just owns all of Glenn Beck's books and flies a Tea Party flag in our front yard...
    Zelphon IRL:

So Fox can come down on Obama for gettin' "thug" or Current can accuse Romney of hate crimes?
    That is another reason i hate the news. They can turn anything into some sort of hidden agenda topic

I could discover the cure for cancer, aids and all the other terrible diseases out there and give it away for free.

The news would it as I was trying to undermine all the pharmaceutical companies and destroy the American economy. There would little to no mention on the fact that I just got rid of some of these most deadly and horrible diseases in the world.

This is a lot of my friends who are liberal. Just because I can reason why voting conservative is a good idea they all start screaming "you hate *blank* people, you are against equal rights"

its like, "when the **** did I say that?". I also wasnt to thrilled with the war in Iraq, does that mean I was cheering for the other side? No, I fully support our troops and make it a point to go out of my way to shake their hand and thank them, or buy them a drink or meal.

Politics make me hate people in general!!!
    Last edited by BJPalmer85; 5th November 2012 at 7:13 PM.

That is another reason i hate the news. They can turn anything into some sort of hidden agenda topic

I could discover the cure for cancer, aids and all the other terrible diseases out there and give it away for free.

The news would it as I was trying to undermine all the pharmaceutical companies and destroy the American economy. There would little to no mention on the fact that I just got rid of some of these most deadly and horrible diseases in the world.
    My ethics on the matter are questionable, but doesn't the pharmaceuticals industry deserve to be undermined? I consider medicine-for-profit on higher levels unethical, and medicine prices are going berserk. Unless they actually cost that much to produce (which is possible!) and profit per transaction is extremely small percentage-wise. Shouldn't helping people come first?

This is a lot of my friends who are liberal. Just because I can reason why voting conservative is a good idea they all start screaming "you hate *blank* people, you are against equal rights"

its like, "when the **** did I say that?". I also wasnt to thrilled with the war in Iraq, does that mean I was cheering for the other side? No, I fully support our troops and make it a point to go out of my way to shake their hand and thank them, or buy them a drink or meal.

Our current political climate is too goddamned polarized in general. I'm a dirty lib and I'll admit to there being some good conservative principles and like the idea of fiscal conservancy where possible.
    The usual links

!
    That happens to me except replace friends with people on forums. They get upset when I want to follow tradition and go on about how awful I am.
    岩根雅明=♡

My ethics on the matter are questionable, but doesn't the pharmaceuticals industry deserve to be undermined? I consider medicine-for-profit on higher levels unethical, and medicine prices are going berserk. Unless they actually cost that much to produce (which is possible!) and profit per transaction is extremely small percentage-wise. Shouldn't helping people come first?
    I used to work in a pharmacy and can tell you first hand that a lot of prescription medications DO cost quite a bit to produce, mostly because some of the chemicals for many big name products are all manufactured by one or two specific companies who refuses to let anyone else produce it, pretty much creating a monopoly.
    Then again, medicine and pharmaceuticals aren't the only areas that this happens, but they're the most discussed, just because of what you mentioned. Y'know, money coming before helping people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    I used to work in a pharmacy and can tell you first hand that a lot of prescription medications DO cost quite a bit to produce, mostly because some of the chemicals for many big name products are all manufactured by one or two specific companies who refuses to let anyone else produce it, pretty much creating a monopoly.
    Then again, medicine and pharmaceuticals aren't the only areas that this happens, but they're the most discussed, just because of what you mentioned. Y'know, money coming before helping people.
    All basically fair. I guess it boils down to "fixing that requires some pretty hardcore reform."
    The usual links

I think we can all agree that both extremes are annoying. I don't consider myself a liberal/conservative/Democrat/Republican/whatever. I just vote for whoever I feel is more in line with what I value, regardless of what political party they represent. My dad just looks at everything political in such a black-and-white manner. You're either a Republican or a "Goddamn Democrat." There's no grey area to him and it's probably the most frustrating part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    That happens to me except replace friends with people on forums. They get upset when I want to follow tradition and go on about how awful I am.
    Just judging by your posts here, I think it's more of the way you come across when you say things sometimes. Like a while back in the (I think, I maybe have the thread wrong) attraction thread, you said something about it being a woman's job to wait hand and foot on her husband/boyfriend. It's fine if you want to live your life that way but you made it sound like every woman should. That's the kind of thing that annoys people.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 5th November 2012 at 7:40 PM.
    Zelphon IRL:

My ethics are also questionable but I agree with you, they deserve it, unfortunately like Armor said there are a lot of drugs out there that cost a lot to make, especially drugs for the more nasty diseases like cancer.

That is why research facilities rely heavily if not entirely on donations and thanks to people like Bill and Linda (i believe that is right) Gates, there have been a lot of great strides made. Not that there arent other people that help but when you make donations that equal or surpass some countries GDP than you get singled out.

Helping people should come first but that has been lost on these big companies.

Our current political climate is too goddamned polarized in general. I'm a dirty lib and I'll admit to there being some good conservative principles and like the idea of fiscal conservancy where possible.
    i like this, very few people will admit to things like that

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post

All basically fair. I guess it boils down to "fixing that requires some pretty hardcore reform."
    It does but those companies line the pockets of the major political big wigs, meaning little to nothing will ever happen. which is sad.

I think we can all agree that both extremes are annoying. I don't consider myself a liberal/conservative/Democrat/Republican/whatever. I just vote for whoever I feel is more in line with what I value, regardless of what political party they represent. My dad just looks at everything political in such a black-and-white manner. You're either a Republican or a "Goddamn Democrat." There's no grey area to him and it's probably the most frustrating part.
    Yes we can agree on that. I hate party separation so bad!! All the old generation sees everything black and white but a lot of the younger generation is all about giving and sharing at the same time.

again, the main reasons i avoid political debates as much as possible

B
    Last edited by BJPalmer85; 5th November 2012 at 7:45 PM.

It does but those companies line the pockets of the major political big wigs, meaning little to nothing will ever happen. which is sad.
    Because of those guys, this election boils down to choose your puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Because of those guys, this election boils down to choose your puppet.
    That pretty much sums it up and how it will continue to work until the country elects an Independent candidate.

B

That pretty much sums it up and how it will continue to work until the country elects an Independent candidate.

B
    So forever...
    Zelphon IRL:

So forever...
    yea....tumblr_mcy63tjHsW1qdqix8o1_500.jpg

B

PS - tried to post a picture and failed, now i cant delete the attachment
    Last edited by BJPalmer85; 5th November 2012 at 9:06 PM.

So forever...
    Pretty much this. Unless some large group can actually pull off something big enough to change the system.

I hope any Americans casting their votes today stop and appreciate how privileged they are to be able to do so.

Even if you spoil your ballot, I do believe voting is a task that all should undertake.

Still a few hours until actual election day, even on the east coast, but early voting has been going on for a while -- but you raise a good point. Even if we are just choosing between X dinguses, at least we get something of a choice and a chance to voice our opinions.
    The usual links

Page 905 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8058558959019029039049059069079089099159551005 ... LastLast