Page 910 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8108609009069079089099109119129139149209601010 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Probably. The reason I hate pharmaceutical companies, though, is because they make drugs to fill ridiculous niches that people don't really need. People really don't need as many drugs as they take, and it's only getting worse. It's terrible.
    Also true. I dare say that there's an over-reliance on drugs on many sides of the equation. I did some research for a psych project, and apparently a large number of children who are afflicted with ADHD are pretty heavily medicated over it, some of them with drugs not even meant for children or for ADHD, just as an example.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

signing in for the first time in ages to say in your face republicans
    wh

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Also true. I dare say that there's an over-reliance on drugs on many sides of the equation. I did some research for a psych project, and apparently a large number of children who are afflicted with ADHD are pretty heavily medicated over it, some of them with drugs not even meant for children or for ADHD, just as an example.
    Yeah, ADD/ADHD are pretty prime suspects in this, I'd wager, even with drugs meant to treat them. What's happening more and more, as far as I know, is people go to doctors' offices and basically demand prescriptions. When you're dealing with purely symptomatic conditions like ADD and autism, it gets way worse. Come to think of it, this is basically the problem with America's education system, too -- people just demanding the results they want (as parents are apt to do with their childrens' grades).

Voted 3rd party Gary Johnson. Glad my vote went to a party that has all my political views. Congrats to Obama for his re-election and Romney for running a good fight. Lets hope the next 4 years are better for America and if it isn't, time to bring in the 3rd parties.

IMO if the Republican party didn't alienate most of their independent voters, they would have won this election.

Obama needs to get rid of shows like Teen Mom.

Yeah, ADD/ADHD are pretty prime suspects in this, I'd wager, even with drugs meant to treat them. What's happening more and more, as far as I know, is people go to doctors' offices and basically demand prescriptions. When you're dealing with purely symptomatic conditions like ADD and autism, it gets way worse.
    Pretty much. I've heard a few cases about demands for diagnoses for autism, which, as a person, pisses me off in a big way. (Self-diagnoses annoy me too, but that's mostly from being an aspie.)

Come to think of it, this is basically the problem with America's education system, too -- people just demanding the results they want (as parents are apt to do with their childrens' grades).
    Also sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Voted 3rd party Gary Johnson. Glad my vote went to a party that has all my political views. Congrats to Obama for his re-election and Romney for running a good fight. Lets hope the next 4 years are better for America and if it isn't, time to bring in the 3rd parties.

IMO if the Republican party didn't alienate most of their independent voters, they would have won this election.
    I don't really know if they did alienate the independent voters on their side, but maybe they did. I haven't asked enough.

As far as third parties, I think it's about time they at least had a shot.

The usual links

May I please get help with deleting my forum account please?

Please. I'm kind of scared, and I really don't want to be here anymore.
    Last edited by indifference; 7th November 2012 at 8:06 AM.

No, just stop logging on.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

That's awful. And I honestly probably would vote third-party if I weren't in a swing state. More people need to do that, because third-parties get ****all attention right now, and the only way it's going to change is by getting votes over a long time. Of course, I can't just abandon the country right now, so maybe if my vote won't matter next year...
    I voted for a minor candidate in one of the local races and he ended up getting 2% of the vote. It does suck that more people don't vote for them. Sill, the electoral college should be abolished. I want more pandering towards me and not the random people in Iowa.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Yeah, ADD/ADHD are pretty prime suspects in this, I'd wager, even with drugs meant to treat them. What's happening more and more, as far as I know, is people go to doctors' offices and basically demand prescriptions. When you're dealing with purely symptomatic conditions like ADD and autism, it gets way worse. Come to think of it, this is basically the problem with America's education system, too -- people just demanding the results they want (as parents are apt to do with their childrens' grades).
    Yes, the DSM-5 is the updated and revised version of the DSM-IV. And one of the issues with changes in it, in fact, is the reduction in stringency for diagnostic criteria of ADHD. Age brackets, duration, and I believe some of the symptom requirements have all been made more lax, enabling more diagnoses and accordingly easier justification for medicating the patient.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Yes, the DSM-5 is the updated and revised version of the DSM-IV. And one of the issues with changes in it, in fact, is the reduction in stringency for diagnostic criteria of ADHD. Age brackets, duration, and I believe some of the symptom requirements have all been made more lax, enabling more diagnoses and accordingly easier justification for medicating the patient.
    Im new to the whole idea of this, and having been recently tested for it myself, but this seems like a bad thing...

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

So is DSM-5 going to be stricter in regards to diagnoses? (for all conditions) Your post is a little unclear. I was thinking about going and getting screened for mental health issues, and am thinking I should wait until DSM-5 goes into effect. (coincidentally one of the things I want to check for is ADHD)

But if DSM-5 means they are going to be more likely to want to pump me full of drugs, I probably want to get it right away.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

someone get a mop for all the republican tears over in debate hahaha
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    someone get a mop for all the republican tears over in debate hahaha
    All that salt man. We're gonna need a dump truck.

Have they begun pointing fingers yet
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    Have they begun pointing fingers yet
    Not yet. But I did hear about how America was going to be in ruins in the next 4 years.

Not that I think people should be misdiagnosed, but hopefully this doesn't lead to a severe increase in medication.

Every version has its ups and downs. Didn't one of the very early versions have transgender-ism as a psychological disorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Not yet. But I did hear about how America was going to be in ruins in the next 4 years.
    Which probably would have happened anyway... due to the public instead of the President.

The usual links

Oh, well that sucks. I'm just registered as a permanent mail-in voter. I've yet to go to an actual polling location.
    Yeah, never got the chance to renew my ID when I was still in Ohio, and Texas is requiring pretty much every document I've ever even glanced at to get an ID down here, so mailed-in is the way I'll roll.
    Thankfully most of the people at WalMart don't care that it's expired and just care that I'm 21, so I can still get wine coolers. Yaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Oh my God I've been on five websites this morning and this is the most level-headed thing I've read on any of them.
    And it came from a Pokemon forum.
    I knew you were a good person, Crimson. Good on you.

Yeah, I went with Johnson too. I couldn't decide which of the big two was the lesser of the two evils, so yeah.
    Also did ANYONE ELSE notice that Rosanne was running for President? Why didn't she win. She totally should have.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Yeah, I went with Johnson too. I couldn't decide which of the big two was the lesser of the two evils, so yeah.
    Also did ANYONE ELSE notice that Rosanne was running for President? Why didn't she win. She totally should have.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I did a double-take when I got that point on my ballot. "Wait, what? Is this a joke?" XD

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I did a double-take when I got that point on my ballot. "Wait, what? Is this a joke?" XD
    That might be why.

Also, she wasn't on my ballot. Probably wasn't in that many states.

The usual links

Wait, Rosanne as in Rosanne BARR?!

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

lol. All the republicans are blaming the media and news channels for Obama winning.

All of this is just glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Nightmare View Post
    Wait, Rosanne as in Rosanne BARR?!
    The one and only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Every version has its ups and downs. Didn't one of the very early versions have transgender-ism as a psychological disorder?
    It still does. The only country I know of that doesn't is France.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Nope she is running for one of the three "more left than the democrats" parties that decided to support a presidential candidate. The non-mainstream left in the U.S. could really use some stronger unity. Thee is no way any of you are going to accomplish anything when you are dividing your base like that.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th November 2012 at 7:14 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Page 910 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8108609009069079089099109119129139149209601010 ... LastLast