Page 951 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85190194194794894995095195295395495596110011051 ... LastLast
Results 23,751 to 23,775 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    or maybe im just the only non gay bashing and non-damnating Christian
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised.
    well that depends on the definition of bashing, cuz i could apply to this.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oncoming Storm View Post
    **** I'm back too. Although my time here was abrief 2 months in the fall of 2011 I have decided to start checking back here. I would also like to say that I have finally entered the american workforce as a dishwasher. But he'll if you want to work in a kitchen you gotta start somewhere. Plus 8.50 is not a bad starting wage. Added to the fact that in a simple 3 months it could be as high a 8.80.
    Good to know I don't make the least here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Those are just the people in it that actually have no idea on the way Christ works
    or maybe im just the only non gay bashing and non-damnating Christian
    People generally tend to conflate the more literalist and socially conservative branches of christianity with all of christianity for some reason. Some denominations are a lot less gay-bashing and damnating than others. And even then there are going to be some people who probably break the stereotype.

I am not religious however, so I don't knw what denomination believes what specifically.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I am not religious however, so I don't knw what denomination believes what specifically.
    I can speak from some experience here. I was raised as a Methodist, they're pretty on the fence about gay rights/marriage from what I remember, but my specific church was not very accepting and I stopped going shortly after I figured out I was gay. Came out to my parents and they decided to investigate more open denominations. Now they attending at a UCC (United Church of Christ) place, they're probably one of or the most "liberal" of denominations out there, my parent's congregation has several gay couples in regular attendance.

Edit: A lot of it just depends on location too. Most of the places I saw growing up in SW Ohio weren't very keen on gay rights, whereas I've seen many different churches here in Chicago expressing acceptance.
    Last edited by Spookz; 4th December 2012 at 9:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    People generally tend to conflate the more literalist and socially conservative branches of christianity with all of christianity for some reason.
    That "some reason" being either because they're the loudest or because it's just really easy to pursue people with ideals that one could consider that... questionable, for lack of a better term.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by huckster
    Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur
    That'.... thatz phat?
    it is up in yo' third-ghetto southern neighbour, at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansy
    Ooh, n' slightly relevant: up in mah English class todizzle our crazy-*** asses was debatin on weather and not tha wealthy have a academic advantage, n' a ho stood up n' holla'd "well tha skanky always conplain dat they "deserve ta go ta college" yo, but honestly scrilla has not a god damn thang ta do wit college. If tha skanky was mutha****in smart-*** they wod git scholarshizzles. I think they're muthafathas we're skanky cuz they was lazy, n' dat means dat they lil playas probably is to"
    Quote Originally Posted by adrexus
    If yo *** is goin fo' a sociologizzle major, then yeah, yo *** is wastin yo' time. I be contemplatin a geologizzle major.
    Quote Originally Posted by huckster
    gangstas sayin "i'm a christian n' not ashamed ta admit it" is like gangstas sayin "i'm white n' not ashamed ta admit it"
    Bored as hell and I just discovered Gizoogle. So whatever.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    That "some reason" being either because they're the loudest or because it's just really easy to pursue people with ideals that one could consider that... questionable, for lack of a better term.
    It's the same reason racists think that black people are all criminals, pro-lifers think pro-choicers are all God-hating hedonists, and so on and so forth: if you don't point to the very greatest extreme and pretend that it's commonplace, your hatred sounds even more stupid and irrational than it would by itself. Which is still a lot, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Bored as hell and I just discovered Gizoogle. So whatever.
    Holy shit that's the dopest thing I've ever seen I'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Holy shit that's the dopest thing I've ever seen I'm not even kidding.
    http://gizoogle.net/index.php?search...le+Dis+Shiznit

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny too when I saw it used elsewhere.

brb, going to use this in the debate forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    brb, going to use this in the debate forum.
    The Obama Vs Romney thread might become readable then.

It did. Courtesy of everybody's favorite master debater, Mr. Tyrone BigLutz:

Obviously yo *** did not read mah post bout how tha **** fo' em on tha edge, it may be mo' cost effectizzle ta make less scrilla.
    Who holla'd yo *** would be bustin mo' income, biatch? With big-*** chizzlez up in tha tax rates based on middle class n' rich bein a albartary line, a slight chizzle goin over dat line could leave yo *** bustin less overall.
    This warrants more research.

This be a pretty phat joint.

But it wouldn't make it worth reading.

On second thought, yeah it would.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

It's been forever since I used gizzogle. This needs to be fixed posthaste. Once I can get it it working.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Gizoogle bores me. Me and my people talked like that way before that ish was invented.

re: Cipher talking about naming his metal band "Heavy Flow" and gizoogle: death metal album names/wikipedia articles sound hilarious in gizoogle.

http://www.gizoogle.net/xfer.php?lin...smember_(band)

Massive Killing Capacity = Massive Bustin' Capacitizzle
    Death Metal = Dirtnap Metal
    The God That Never Was = Da Dogg That Never Was

http://www.gizoogle.net/xfer.php?lin...Autopsy_(band)

Mental Funeral = Menstrual Funeral
    Shitfun = Shizzlefun

http://www.gizoogle.net/xfer.php?lin...KVm6Udcbj-SuuQ

Obsessed By Cruelty = Obsessed By Wackty
    Get What You Deserve = Get What Yo Ass Deserve
    'til Death Do Us Unite = Til Dirtnap Do Our Asses Unite

i hope this is as funny to people who don't already know the albums (it probably isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    it is in your third-world southern neighbour, at least
    Apparently.
    I didn't realize Americans made so little for min. wage.

omg.. how have I never heard of this "Gizoogle" thing? I. Am. Using. The. Fukc. Out. Of. It.
    edit: I read one page (the first link Vern gave) and I am so excited to use it everywhere now. Funniest fukcen thing hahah.
    editedit: I can't figure out how to use it.
    I figured it out eventually. I just thought you could browse and stuff with it but you have to paste the link. gotcha.
    Last edited by dinosaurus; 5th December 2012 at 6:05 AM.

Washing dishes is a super simple job.The minimum wage in az where i live is 7.65$. When its the first job you ever had it is alright. I mean seriously in the world of crap jobs its not bad. I know someone who takes care of the mentally challenged for only 8.90$. Now in a society where it you only make 40 cents more to take care of living humans, washing the dishes doesn't seem so crap.

Anyway I only wanted a job to get things like internet and othe extravagancies of the first world. Plus being a chef seems cool so starting as a diswasher could lead to greater things. I know the head chef personally to so I have a tutor to. Basically show me the ropes. I decided culinary school was a bust because no matter what school you go to you always get shafted when you go to a new kitchen.

Things cost less in america.
    Last edited by The Oncoming Storm; 5th December 2012 at 10:34 AM.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Washing dishes is a super simple job.The minimum wage in az where i live is 7.65$. When its the first job you ever had it is alright. I mean seriously in the world of crap jobs its not bad. I know someone who takes care of the mentally challenged for only 8.90$. Now in a society where it you only make 40 cents more to take care of living humans, washing the dishes doesn't seem so crap.

Anyway I only wanted a job to get things like internet and othe extravagancies of the first world. Plus being a chef seems cool so starting as a diswasher could lead to greater things. I know the head chef personally to so I have a tutor to. Basically show me the ropes. I decided culinary school was a bust because no matter what school you go to you always get shafted when you go to a new kitchen.

No s*it things cost less, nearly 95.0% of everything here is made in China, and Walmart treats it's employees like crap to keep their cost down.
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 6th December 2012 at 1:29 AM.

Hope this doesn't turn into an anit-Walmart binge.

Because Walmart is awesome.

Too many people die at Walmart.
    It's a bad place.

Walmart is terrible. Binge continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Hope this doesn't turn into an anit-Walmart binge.
    Given how comically terrible they are for basically every aspect of the economy except corporate profit, I'll happily turn this thread into an anti-Walmart binge

Things will cost less in America if everyone only buys from firms that can skimp on labour costs and move most of their production and distribution operations offshore like Walmart. That doesn't mean it's a good thing for us.
    Last edited by John Madden; 5th December 2012 at 9:18 PM.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Other than putting every other local store out of business, I personally don't have a problem with the store. I shop at family owned businesses when I can but their prices aren't anywhere near the merch at Walmart. As a shopper local for low prices, there's really no better store in the area unless I buy in bulk.

hrm, yes, what could possibly be bad about willfully granting a firm monopoly power in a sector where monopolies are unambiguously bad for the economy?

shop at costco, at least they don't **** all over their workers and don't exert downward pressure on everyone's wages
    Last edited by John Madden; 5th December 2012 at 9:42 PM.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Page 951 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85190194194794894995095195295395495596110011051 ... LastLast