Page 952 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85290294294894995095195295395495595696210021052 ... LastLast
Results 23,776 to 23,800 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Well I've been shopping a Target for the last two months(%15 off everything is really nice) but Costco might be worth looking into.

Never been inside a Costco, though I've heard nice things about it. Local Walmart is a dump where all the druggies hang out. Only been there a few times and there are some pretty shady people hanging around, lol.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I am one of those shady people.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    i doubt that you are one of those guys that when u walk out, they come up to you and ask you.
    "I got the stuff, u want some?"
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Costco is incredible, they have great prices and the workers make an average of something like 17 bucks an hour with great healthcare. The CEO of the company makes under 500,000 dollars a year, I think, and he plans to keep his wages and his prices the same way they are.

I never knew Costco was that good to their employees, I've always been wary since I've heard so much crap about Sam's Club/Walmart. Maybe I'll start shopping there for my "bulk" purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i doubt that you are one of those guys that when u walk out, they come up to you and ask you.
    For some reason, "pickles," or "the picks" has become a semi-popular code word for drugs in my area. I have no clue why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis
    Tsk tsk. You need to turn your life around, mister.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Costco is fucking dope, man. Like, seriously. Free samples and 24 packs of EVERYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    Things will cost less in America if everyone only buys from firms that can skimp on labour costs and move most of their production and distribution operations offshore like Walmart. That doesn't mean it's a good thing for us.
    Why do the exact same products from the same stores cost much more overseas than they do in America, then? Because in my experience, I paid almost twice as much in France/England for very ordinary things (granted, the dollar was particularly weak the only time I've been in Europe, but it still would've been pretty ridiculous, even if the exchange rates were equal).

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Other than putting every other local store out of business, I personally don't have a problem with the store. I shop at family owned businesses when I can but their prices aren't anywhere near the merch at Walmart. As a shopper local for low prices, there's really no better store in the area unless I buy in bulk.
    Not true. Walmart costs just as much as any other store if you buy everything there; they make certain things cheaper, but then drive up prices on others. Actually, maybe they are a little cheaper on the whole, but that comes from abusing their suppliers, which isn't too cool imo.

I don't remember you being Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    you don't know me. you don't know my life ,you don't know what i've been through.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

you don't know me. you don't know my life ,you don't know what i've been through.
    Hello, I'm <jolly old man>. For only 20 cents a day, you can sponsor this poor child in need. Call now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oncoming Storm View Post
    Washing dishes is a super simple job.The minimum wage in az where i live is 7.65$. When its the first job you ever had it is alright. I mean seriously in the world of crap jobs its not bad. I know someone who takes care of the mentally challenged for only 8.90$. Now in a society where it you only make 40 cents more to take care of living humans, washing the dishes doesn't seem so crap.

Anyway I only wanted a job to get things like internet and othe extravagancies of the first world. Plus being a chef seems cool so starting as a diswasher could lead to greater things. I know the head chef personally to so I have a tutor to. Basically show me the ropes. I decided culinary school was a bust because no matter what school you go to you always get shafted when you go to a new kitchen.

Things cost less in america.
    That's pretty messed up.
    Min. wage here went up just recently and it's at 10.25 now. I think support workers would make around $14 or $15?

That's pretty cool though. It's always good to know someone in the industry.

australian wages are best wages
    life is
    a game

Hm. BC's minimum wage is $10.25. For ages we had the lowest in the country.

Well.
    This is in poor taste.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Why do the exact same products from the same stores cost much more overseas than they do in America, then? Because in my experience, I paid almost twice as much in France/England for very ordinary things (granted, the dollar was particularly weak the only time I've been in Europe, but it still would've been pretty ridiculous, even if the exchange rates were equal).
    VAT. VAT everywhere.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Coincidently I think it's funny that arizona is a much cheaper place to live and yet the minimum wage is higher than new york. Its completly crazy! Also australia prices are too damn high!
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

I don't know. If you're talking about living costs, I hear Oregon is pretty cool. I've got it bad - I live in California. Not only is it expensive to live here, it's not really worth it. Everybody around me is either a party animal or an extremist, and everyone in-between is a form of subhuman statistic fodder local to places like Fresno and Merced.

I heard folks talking about stores. I have a local place around my area called "Win-Co." Don't know if you folks have Win-Cos, but their prices are pretty awesome. The one I live near has a built in Pizza Parlor and a deli. They make the BEST pizzas, man.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Win-co is the biggest grocery competitor to walmart in my area. its super cheap
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinichi View Post
    Hm. BC's minimum wage is $10.25. For ages we had the lowest in the country.
    I was looking at Canadian minimum wages around summer time when ours was bumped up, and considering the cost of living in BC, Ontario, (Quebec?) and Alberta are so high, their minimum wages are either the same as Manitoba or even lower..
    I guess when you become a career person you'll be a lot better off but.. geeze.

Hello! :3

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    Hello! :3
    helo i new

I live in DC, where my tiny 1 bedroom apt costs my gf and us around $1100 a month. But that's what you pay when the cost of living is higher here because this is where the jobs are. I don't complain much because I chose to move here, but there is one thing I know. It will be impossible for us to buy a house here, at least in the next 5 years.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

What's up my peeps, my bros, my disciples,

Yeah

*strums guitar and snorts more weed*

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    snorts more weed*
    Lolwut.

@thomaselliot That's not too bad imo. I haven't done a lot of shopping here 'cause I'm still living at home and plan to for a while still, however I've seen that basic one bedroom apartments go for about $700 - $900, with the more expensive ones (depending on location) can be up to $1500. In this crap city.
    2 bedrooms are usually $900 if you can get a real good deal up to probably .. well I'm not sure, I've looked at cheaper ones like $1300 at the most.

Hello newbies.

Page 952 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85290294294894995095195295395495595696210021052 ... LastLast