Page 958 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85890894895495595695795895996096196296810081058 ... LastLast
Results 23,926 to 23,950 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by The Oncoming Storm View Post
    the feds didnt even dip thier grubby little fingers into my check. All i had was [...] SS, and medicare.
    i uh

i need a room to myself now
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oncoming Storm View Post
    Figured out that my first check afster three days is gonna be 150$ turns out i made so little that the feds didnt even dip thier grubby little fingers into my check. All i had was state tax, SS, and medicare.
    So "the feds" did take money out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Colorado gets snow semifrequently, but not this month apparently, but that's okay because I hate it
    Weed is legal in Colorado now but my mom said I can't move there

Ah, yes... Snow. Such a coveted state of climate. I've lived in a state that hasn't had local snow for nearly a decade now, but everyone I know remembers a statewide snowstorm that occurred sometime in the late 90s, and for whatever reason I missed out on it. How I envy those foolish men and women.

Sometimes I drive up into the middle of the mountains - y'know, like near Yosemite or something. My house has a good view of the Silver City county area, so all I need to do is drive east and up. But even in cold weather, I'd have to drive really flippin' high to reach actual snow, and most of the time I can't actually proceed since I'm too cheap to buy tire chains.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Inbetweeners USA.

Thanks to whoever was involved in that. I think it's great when adaptations completely misunderstand the characters, scenarios and comedic timing of the originals.
    Probably one of the few things we may ever agree on. I'd say pretty much anything MTV adapts is completely misunderstood, i.e. Skins.
    I can see the execs meeting when discussing porting over Inbetweeners. You know what this show needs? A fat kid.

I find myself watching and enjoying british TV more and more. They know exactly when to call it quits on a show. Hey this show was super popular? Oh sorry we said we were doing 30 episodes and that's we are doing.

If you like Inbetweeners, I would encourage you to check out Friday Night Dinner, Fresh Meat and The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (if you have not already). All three have a cast member from the Inbetweeners in them and all are hilarious.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    So "the feds" did take money out.
    "The feds" obviously refer to Republican leadership. Obama is the President and Biden is his VP meaning that "the feds" didn't take anything.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    I find myself watching and enjoying british TV more and more. They know exactly when to call it quits on a show. Hey this show was super popular? Oh sorry we said we were doing 30 episodes and that's we are doing.
    Yeah, I wish American TV were more like this. Why is The Simpsons still airing? Family Guy too, and The Office. Those were great shows, but they've been stretched too thin and they're just not good anymore. All three I used to watch on a very regular basis. I only watch The Office now because I'd like to see how they wrap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    "The feds" obviously refer to Republican leadership. Obama is the President and Biden is his VP meaning that "the feds" didn't take anything.
    Taxes only happen under Democratic presidents.
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    Taxes only happen under Democratic presidents.
    I know. Though, the joke would've made more sense if Romney won I suppose. Then again, he wouldn't have yet been sworn in. Eh.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Yeah, I wish American TV were more like this. Why is The Simpsons still airing? Family Guy too, and The Office. Those were great shows, but they've been stretched too thin and they're just not good anymore. All three I used to watch on a very regular basis. I only watch The Office now because I'd like to see how they wrap it up.
    Actually, I think The Office is having a pretty good season so far, at least compared to the last one. Which I guess isn't too bad, considering that seasons 2 and 3 were obviously the best, and at least they know approximately when to call it quits.

As for The Simpsons and Family Guy, I suppose that can be attributed to their executives being the dumbest in the business. They ruin and then cancel all of their best shows, and keep certain crappy ones going no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I know. Though, the joke would've made more sense if Romney won I suppose. Then again, he wouldn't have yet been sworn in. Eh.
    Nah, it still makes sense when you consider that the rule of discussing politics is, "blame the side you disagree with no matter what, regardless if it makes sense and/or is even possible."

Anyway, I'm finally done with this semester, so **** yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Those were great shows, but they've been stretched too thin and they're just not good anymore.
    It's Obama's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    It's Obama's fault.
    what isnt obamas fault
    wait we do this with every president what am i talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    what isnt obamas fault
    wait we do this with every president what am i talking about
    That's Obama's fault, too, though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

You're all Obama's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Man, that guy really gets around, doesn't he?

The usual links

Kreis, you should change your avatar to the same Celebi, except pink whenever you go offline. You would if you really loved this forum.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I'd imagine there's some way to set up a file to do that. Well, I would if custom avatars weren't, as far as I know, stored on-site.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Actually, I think The Office is having a pretty good season so far, at least compared to the last one. Which I guess isn't too bad, considering that seasons 2 and 3 were obviously the best, and at least they know approximately when to call it quits.
    I dunno, I just can't get into it. I wish they'd have just ended it with Michael leaving. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Nah, it still makes sense when you consider that the rule of discussing politics is, "blame the side you disagree with no matter what, regardless if it makes sense and/or is even possible."
    And in the case of discussing politics with me, it's "completely talk past anything I ask and then claim you're king of debating"--wait who am I even talking about now
    last.fm
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    And in the case of discussing politics with me, it's "completely talk past anything I ask and then claim you're king of debating"--wait who am I even talking about now
    That sounds a lot like

well, let's be frank, the entire debates forum here.

The usual links

That's true, but I think I was talking about the poster who's the worst offender on that forum by a wide margin
    last.fm
    facebook

I think it's a tie between BigLutz and mattj, though -- possibly with TheWatersGreatGuardian thrown in for good measure, whose defenses of his religious beliefs are not even "well that's just your opinion let's move on to the facts" but blatantly insulting other people for not having the same beliefs as him.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    If I was obama's fault, then I would kill myself sue the government.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

What about your parents, will you sue them?

(I just realised how rude this sounded, pls don't get offense )
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

eBay Huckster is the best debater (also the funniest)

Star-Lord

Page 958 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85890894895495595695795895996096196296810081058 ... LastLast