Page 959 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85990994995595695795895996096196296396910091059 ... LastLast
Results 23,951 to 23,975 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    What about your parents, will you sue them?

(I just realised how rude this sounded, pls don't get offense )
    My parent's have nothing to do with the government.

But they are obama's fault.

But they made me. was making me Obama's fault? No that was their fault. But their Faults are Obama's fault.

So that means My fault and Obama's faults are the same, which means I am obama.

But that would me I am my own fault. Which would make me not Obama. But that would mean I'm not Obama, and that's Obama's fault.

But If I'm not Obama, and that's Obama's fault, that would mean my parent's are also not Obama, and that's Obama's Fault.

But that would mean....[/paradox]
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    My parent's have nothing to do with the government.

But they are obama's fault.

But they made me. was making me Obama's fault? No that was their fault. But their Faults are Obama's fault.

So that means My fault and Obama's faults are the same, which means I am obama.

But that would me I am my own fault. Which would make me not Obama. But that would mean I'm not Obama, and that's Obama's fault.

But If I'm not Obama, and that's Obama's fault, that would mean my parent's are also not Obama, and that's Obama's Fault.

But that would mean....[/paradox]
    Looks like someone has a crush on Obama.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Looks like someone has a crush on Obama.
    Well, at least he's not dick ridin'.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    Probably one of the few things we may ever agree on.
    Who are you?

I'd say pretty much anything MTV adapts is completely misunderstood, i.e. Skins.
    Skins is abysmal.

If you like Inbetweeners, I would encourage you to check out Friday Night Dinner, Fresh Meat and The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (if you have not already). All three have a cast member from the Inbetweeners in them and all are hilarious.
    I'm British.

Took mother dearest to see/hear the Messiah tonight at the Royal Albert Hall. So much more cultured than you utter plebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I'm British.

Took mother dearest to see/hear the Messiah tonight at the Royal Albert Hall. So much more cultured than you utter plebs.
    Psh. Without "plebs" like me you wouldn't be able to go out to see things like that. I MAKE culture. ;)

Living in white-bread Ohio, the closest I get to "culture" is the fermented shit still sitting in my refrigerator.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    Well, at least he's not dick ridin'.
    Awesome, I love the Boondocks. A friend only showed it to me a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still only on Season One. One of the only shows where I actually laugh out loud.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I eat bacterial cultures with my yogurt every day does that count?

Star-Lord

oh my god
    why was this thread created

well the OP says it's "an important topic to talk about and seek help and advice from our peers" but that couldn't possibly be it.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    well the OP says it's "an important topic to talk about and seek help and advice from our peers" but that couldn't possibly be it.
    going through the last few pages the entire thread just boils down to: "hey look at me I have a lot of problems wah wah pity me"

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    And in the case of discussing politics with me, it's "completely talk past anything I ask and then claim you're king of debating"--wait who am I even talking about now
    Clearly, Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    oh my god
    why was this thread created
    Because aspies love to brag about how they overcome ~*adversity*~.

don't know why people need to share their mental illnesses on the internet anyway. same thing with stating your sexuality. -_-
    岩根雅明=♡

On this forum, DEFINITELY not.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    don't know why people need to share their mental illnesses on the internet anyway. same thing with stating your sexuality. -_-
    Do you feel like people shouldn't state their gender online? I don't see a huge difference myself between the three.

Star-Lord

Do you feel like people shouldn't state their gender online? I don't see a huge difference myself between the three.
    I can see the connection between gender and sexual preference, but with mental illness...?

I think gender is different. I mean no one wants someone to think they are a guy when they are really a girl. I've done that to where I thought someone was a guy but was shocked when they were a girl. With sexuality, some people state it just so that someone else can give them special treatment or feel sorry for them. That's why I compared it to people stating mental illnesses.
    岩根雅明=♡

.....aaaaaand now there's another mall shooting in Newport Beach.

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post
    .....aaaaaand now there's another mall shooting in Newport Beach.
    At this rate we'll never be able to "rationally" discuss gun control and mental health issues.

Though as long as everything remains so overly sensationalized, I can't see the discussions being of much use anyway.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Probably not, but sometimes you can't avoid it coming out. Well, more your sex than your gender, but whatever.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I can see the connection between gender and sexual preference, but with mental illness...?
    I always found it's more of a "People can't control it" sort of thing, just like with gender and sexual preference. I think there's merit in talking about it with other people in hopes of education of it, but not to use it in an attempt to just garner sympathy. Although as we mostly see online, a lot of people will just use it that way which is disappointing to say the least. I just think there is a bit of a stigma when it comes to talking about mental illness.

I think gender is different. I mean no one wants someone to think they are a guy when they are really a girl. I've done that to where I thought someone was a guy but was shocked when they were a girl. With sexuality, some people state it just so that someone else can give them special treatment or feel sorry for them. That's why I compared it to people stating mental illnesses.
    You are overthinking why people talk about their sexuality. It's probably guaranteed that nobody is using it for "special treatment" or to "feel sorry for them". It's probably more of a thing to be truthful to the other party. Then again, do you really actually have to know the gender of the person you're talking to online? You should probably re-prioritize things, because worrying over the gender of people is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    At this rate we'll never be able to "rationally" discuss gun control and mental health issues.
    "This isn't the appropriate time to talk about gun control", says the man on tv while more people are killed with legally obtained automatic rifles.

Star-Lord

Another shooting? Great article.

(It's about the Newtown shooting, but the same theme holds true for this new shooting)

I appreciate this article myself oh yeah there's a lot of "f bombs" if you're afraid of that sort of thing.

Star-Lord

"This isn't the appropriate time to talk about gun control", says the man on tv while more people are killed with legally obtained automatic rifles.
    I think this is the big problem. Unless there are deer out there with flak jackets, nobody needs an assault rifle in day-to-day life. And even then...

The usual links

Moogles said it well:
    You are overthinking why people talk about their sexuality. It's probably guaranteed that nobody is using it for "special treatment" or to "feel sorry for them". It's probably more of a thing to be truthful to the other party. Then again, do you really actually have to know the gender of the person you're talking to online? You should probably re-prioritize things, because worrying over the gender of people is just dumb.
    I think it just depends on who you're talking to and what the conversation is. Personally, I never saw the point in flaunting my sexuality or gender/sex but I'm also not an attention *****.. I don't expect people to react or feel sorry for me when I say I'm a lesbian, I usually only bring it up when it's relavent to a conversation (like right now.. whaaat?).

I always found it's more of a "People can't control it" sort of thing, just like with gender and sexual preference. I think there's merit in talking about it with other people in hopes of education of it, but not to use it in an attempt to just garner sympathy. Although as we mostly see online, a lot of people will just use it that way which is disappointing to say the least. I just think there is a bit of a stigma when it comes to talking about mental illness.
    This. So much.

I rarely talk about my experiences with my own mental illness because the minute I say I have depression, or mention that I've been suicidal at times, people automatically assume I'm doing it for attention. Needless to say, I'm pretty disgusted with society's views on mental illness. I'm a regular person.. I just have a chemical imbalance in my brain and a lot of people steer clear when they find out. I can't help it anymore than someone who was born with diabetes. But my issues are less valid.
    Last edited by Spookz; 16th December 2012 at 9:26 AM.

Page 959 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 85990994995595695795895996096196296396910091059 ... LastLast