Page 196 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 961461861921931941951961971981992002062462961196 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,900 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I would love to go back on #spp-misc, but my IRC stopped working.

All this "but christmas is really a pagan holiday" is starting to bother me, but not in the way you would think.

It's easy to offend christians at christmas-time, but now I have to offend pagans too? That requires extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Kat View Post
    I would love to go back on #spp-misc, but my IRC stopped working.
    Have you tried using Mibbit?
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    Frogs are awesome
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Kermit in particular.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    o:
    no. I've just been too busy, but I would love to talk to everyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltanic View Post
    If you're looking for girls with low self-esteem, they're all in the Pictures thread.
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    All this "but christmas is really a pagan holiday" is starting to bother me, but not in the way you would think.

It's easy to offend christians at christmas-time, but now I have to offend pagans too? That requires extra work.
    Get something that'll hit both at once and distribute with extreme prejudice. Works like a nonliteral charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    I can't decide if the word "poon" offends me or is just disgustingly hilarious.
    Both?

I haven't been on #spp-misc in a long time. Might stick my head in again.
    I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Kermit in particular.
    Kermit is the boss.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

I hate my neighbors/their lack of understanding that other people reside in this building. After finally managing to drift off to sleep at around 5:30, my neighbors' dogs stared barking at about 6:30. Now it's almost 7:30 and I'm not remotely tired.

Unfortunate since I have rehearsal to attend today, among other things, and need to be attentive.

All this "but Christmas is a Christian holiday" stuff is getting to me, but not in the way you'd think.

See, Christmas itself is a Christian holiday, they just stole the imagery, time of the year, and most of the tradition from Yule. The only things they didn't steal was the name and the exact date.

Going by the example of many Christians, I say that since the holiday is a traditionally Pagan ceremony, Christians should either be banned completely from it, or at the very least, have to do a far-inferior version, and it has to be in the other half of the year, in the middle of summer. That way we can keep it separate but equal.

Funny, us Pagans have a more real stake in the origin of Christmas then Christians do in the origin of marriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by snare View Post
    Roll over ya twinks, we're taking over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapache View Post
    lol, xD the thread need a name change. The Gay/Lesbian/Bear Alliance Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash4life View Post
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphapupQuicksilver View Post

Funny, us Pagans have a more real stake in the origin of Christmas then Christians do in the origin of marriage.
    I am not sure what is more hilarious: your outdated, blanket use of the term "pagan" despite claiming to be one, or the fact you claim to be one with a stake in the origin of Christmas. Lmao
    Beware children and heed Uncle Lutz, lest these devious feminists obliterate you:

Quote Originally Posted by BigLutz View Post
    There are a few feminists out there with such a extreme view in terms of wiping out men that it matches the Nazi's movement of seeing a lower class and or being utterly genocidal.

Except that Pagans basically did create Christmas, or a prototype thereof. The Christians wanted in, so they moved Christ's birthday to December and this gave them an excuse to party. Or, at least, this is how it was explained to me in a sociology class. Which actually makes sense and reveals a lot about how much Christians care about a figure they supposedly revere and, apparently, worship (in a massive violation of their teachings).

However, I'm not sure I believe he's a legit Pagan. "Christians should either be banned completely from it, or at the very least, have to do a far-inferior version, and it has to be in the other half of the year, in the middle of summer"? Sounds kinda separatist and, in particular, like a teenage Atheist type of statement.

Actually, I was making a joke satirizing how many Christians refer to gay marriage, saying marriage is a Christian institution, so gay people can't get married, but can get far-inferior civil unions. I was just stating that the holiday they hail as their saviour's birth is just based on the Pagan sabbat of Yule. It was satire. Christians try to use their religion to dictate marriage, why should Pagans not be able to do the same with an explicit ripoff of Yule?

But you're right. I should use sarcasm tags 90% of the time because that's how often I use irony.

Also, I am very much Pagan. Dhrow, specifically, and I don't see how the term Pagan is outdated. After all, if I just said I was a Druid, people would just think of RPGs and not realize I was sincerely stating my religious affiliation. Pagan is the best term to describe it simply, because in-depth would go over man people's heads, and Pagan is an apt description anyway. And no, NeoPagan is not apt to describe me.

Also, to expand on what you mentioned about Christians moving the supposed date of Christ's birth to December was about not only partying themselves, but also replacing the native traditions with more Christian-related ones, basically as a conversion device. See also Hijacked By Jesus. It's part of the same reason that Satan is described (not in the Bible, but more Word of Dante) as having goat horns and hooves, because they wanted to demonize Pan, a rather popular Pagan god, to shock the Pagans whose lands they were invading into converting. Basically, if they showed a character that was extremely similar to Pan, but showing that he is truly evil (debatable if Satan even is from Biblical context; his worst crime seems to be trying to get man to exercise free will) was meant to make the native Pagans think they had been wrong all along with the sex, alcohol, and fun they were originally having.
    Last edited by SwiftSoul; 9th December 2011 at 6:15 PM.
    Every discussion here ends up at either bears or musical theatre. What is this, the gay club?!

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Except that Pagans basically did create Christmas, or a prototype thereof. The Christians wanted in, so they moved Christ's birthday to December and this gave them an excuse to party. Or, at least, this is how it was explained to me in a sociology class. Which actually makes sense and reveals a lot about how much Christians care about a figure they supposedly revere and, apparently, worship (in a massive violation of their teachings).
    Chistmas is actually a Syncretic religious holiday. Syncretic means the mixing of multiple beliefs and practices. When Christainity moved to different places of the world, it mixed with the various indigenous practices of the people in that area.

Many Christmas traditions originate from pre-Christian practices because when Christianity came to Europe, the people living there mixed Christian beliefs with their own indigenous practices.

Actually, I was making a joke satirizing how many Christians refer to gay marriage, saying marriage is a Christian institution, so gay people can't get married, but can get far-inferior civil unions. I was just stating that the holiday they hail as their saviour's birth is just based on the Pagan sabbat of Yule. It was satire. Christians try to use their religion to dictate marriage, why should Pagans not be able to do the same with an explicit ripoff of Yule?

But you're right. I should use sarcasm tags 90% of the time because that's how often I use irony.

Also, I am very much Pagan. Dhrow, specifically, and I don't see how the term Pagan is outdated. After all, if I just said I was a Druid, people would just think of RPGs and not realize I was sincerely stating my religious affiliation. Pagan is the best term to describe it simply, because in-depth would go over man people's heads, and Pagan is an apt description anyway. And no, NeoPagan is not apt to describe me.
    stop using colors in your posts if youre going to post in misc

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    People have before. To little effect.

Not that there necessarily should be any effect. Everyone visiting the forum can elect a different theme color, and AlphaPup's font color might show up much better on his chosen theme color. It's an inconvenience to us, but it's his choice.
    Profesco kinda summed it up a bit pages ago.

This is kinda my colour. Although thank you very much for instead of just asking, just telling me to and outright assuming I should comply to your whims just because you said so. I mean, who just asks nicely anymore? Just demanding I take action for something fully within my rights to do in the first place is obviously the best, most polite course of action, instead of being, gods forbid, kind or at least open to explanation before outright judging me based on something as small as text colour. Also, since it seems many here do not recognise it without it being labeled, [/irony]

I know of no less than a half dozen people who use a colour for themselves. I am not near the only one.

Oh wait...

Profesco kinda summed it up a bit pages ago.

This is kinda my colour. Although thank you very much for instead of just asking, just telling me to and outright assuming I should comply to your whims just because you said so. I mean, who just asks nicely anymore? Just demanding I take action for something fully within my rights to do in the first place is obviously the best, most polite course of action, instead of being, gods forbid, kind or at least open to explanation before outright judging me based on something as small as text colour. Also, since it seems many here do not recognise it without it being labeled, [/irony]

I know of no less than a half dozen people who use a colour for themselves. I am not near the only one.
    you are clearly the only one in misc and it does not make you unique nor edgy
    i had to quote this to read it

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7844/faaggoot.png
    Last edited by Shuam; 9th December 2011 at 7:25 PM.

First thing I see him post is about Christmas and its history so I'm glad I can't read most of that bull.

xxx

Yeah, if you really have to use a coulour, please use a different one.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

You are a selfish asshole. Never post here again with that atrocious colour thinking it's your God given right to do so.

i think we won guys

Quote Originally Posted by Shuam View Post
    you are clearly the only one in misc and it does not make you unique nor edgy
    i had to quote this to read it
    I just completely disregard his posts when he posts in color. I can't read them and half the time I'm browsing from my phone and can't highlight them. Just seems easier to completely ignore him.

Korusan's avi is superior to our's.

I don't get it...

I don't know what you guys are talking about... I can read it just fine and I'm using the normal forum skin.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Page 196 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 961461861921931941951961971981992002062462961196 ... LastLast