Page 539 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,475 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #13451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Is it wrong of me to NOT care about politics?
    I don't think so. I don't care about it either.
    Does anyone notice the secret words in this? I see it clearly...O_o

    'If you seek Amy'

    Britney Spears - If you seek Amy

  2. #13452
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Is it wrong of me to NOT care about politics?
    No.

    I don't care too much about politics on account that the government are stupid and greedy.

    Hell I don't even vote because I can't trust what they say.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  3. #13453
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Behind the aura
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I wouldn't vote for the Labour party even if I had a fun pointed at my groin.
    Good show. Who did you end up voting for?

    Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Ken should win. Boris is annoying. This is from a 13 year old
    Yeah but Boris is bringing wiff-waff home.
    Running for the thrill of it

  4. #13454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Is it wrong of me to NOT care about politics?
    It's always good to be informed about what's going on outside your home, even if it's not particularly that interesting.

    So I had a terrible day and just want to chill with someone, but whoever I ask keeps moaning that they have final exams tomorrow. :u

  5. #13455
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Is it wrong of me to NOT care about politics?
    If you are under 18, no.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  6. #13456
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    So I had a terrible day and just want to chill with someone, but whoever I ask keeps moaning that they have final exams tomorrow. :u
    It's that time of the year.

    Hell I am meant to be doing my essay right now but I haven't even started it yet.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  7. #13457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    It's that time of the year.

    Hell I am meant to be doing my essay right now but I haven't even started it yet.
    Damn losers, doing school work. ;__;
    I just want to go out to dinner with someone y'know.

  8. #13458
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    So I had a terrible day and just want to chill with someone, but whoever I ask keeps moaning that they have final exams tomorrow. :u
    All of mine are on Monday.

    All of them. @_@

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  9. #13459
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Karkat's head. :o)
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Money902 View Post
    If you are under 18, no.
    I'm twenty-one. Do I still have to care?

    I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

    So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

  10. #13460
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    in a geometric concept.
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    I'm twenty-one. Do I still have to care?
    You should, if you a)vote or b)give a **** about what happens to you
    gone.

  11. #13461
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    You should, if you a)vote or b)give a **** about what happens to you
    This pretty much. I try and at least keep somewhat up to date on politics, so I know what's going on, even if most politics are complete ********.

  12. #13462
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Ken should win. Boris is annoying. This is from a 13 year old
    Read my previous post. Ken Livingstone is a pointless human being.

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Is it wrong of me to NOT care about politics?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Good show. Who did you end up voting for?
    Johnson, for three reasons.

    1. He's not Ken Livingstone and is the only other candidate with a chance of winning.

    2. He's a top quality guy and he's been a good mayor.

    3. It will annoy David Cameron as much as it will please him if he wins.

  13. #13463
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Miles Edgeworth for president!
    Ozzy Osbourne for pope!


    ☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

  14. #13464
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    I'm twenty-one. Do I still have to care?
    Not unless you want the president to be a washed up douche who was previously a hobo wanting a job to rule this country.

    Romney 2012
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  15. #13465
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Caring about politics doesn't even necessarily mean voting. Indeed, a healthy interest in politics may very well lead you not to vote.

  16. #13466
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    I'm twenty-one. Do I still have to care?
    To some degree, yes. It would be wise to be educated about the potentially future leaders of your country. I'm under eighteen, yet I still have a general idea about most of the presidential candidates, because it will eventually effect me.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  17. #13467
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    I don't really care too much about politics, but I never liked any of the presidential candidates for the Republican Party this year... I would have been in favor of Chris Christie had he run, though.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  18. #13468
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    I am not a big fan of the U.S. 2 party system.
    Neither am I. In fact, I really hate it. It seems like I agree and disagree with both parties on a lot of issues. Sometimes voting for the lesser of two evils is a challenge. I finally got registered to vote this year (and only because they asked me if I wanted to when I went to the DMV a few months ago) and I've yet to decide if I'm going to vote at all... Partially because I'm kind of iffy on how well I know the candidates and partially because if I vote for the one I'm leaning toward I might get kicked out of my house...

  19. #13469
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Your computer screen.
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Protip: Vote for a third party candidate, then. IIRC, If a third party candidate gets 5% of the vote, they get a shitton more funding next election, meaning that there are more options so you won't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. However, this might mean that you'd have to choose between the least of three evils...
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

  20. #13470
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The land of Tea and Crumpets
    Posts
    234

    Default

    You quote the Daily Torygraph like it's fact. Please, when providing an argument use more than one source of sources.

    However I'm not arguing with you as I'm not a big fan of Livingstone at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Neither am I. In fact, I really hate it. It seems like I agree and disagree with both parties on a lot of issues. Sometimes voting for the lesser of two evils is a challenge. I finally got registered to vote this year (and only because they asked me if I wanted to when I went to the DMV a few months ago) and I've yet to decide if I'm going to vote at all... Partially because I'm kind of iffy on how well I know the candidates and partially because if I vote for the one I'm leaning toward I might get kicked out of my house...
    Why would you get kicked out of the house? Your vote should remain secret and only you should divulge it if you so wish to.
    Last edited by Zwitter™; 4th May 2012 at 2:24 AM.

  21. #13471
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miscellaneous countryside
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Caring about politics doesn't even necessarily mean voting. Indeed, a healthy interest in politics may very well lead you not to vote.
    Well said. I didn't vote in yesterday's local elections. I am moving out of this ward in less than two months and setting up in north London, so I don't think I have any particular right to determine the state of affairs for current residents here. Well, that, and I'm finding my own views don't align comfortably with any of the major political parties right now.

    Oh and Boris > Ken. Johnson isn't my favourite character, but I'd rather he had the London mayoral position than Livingstone. It's not a party political matter.

    Protip: Vote for a third party candidate, then. IIRC, If a third party candidate gets 5% of the vote, they get a shitton more funding next election, meaning that there are more options so you won't have to choose between the lesser of two evils. However, this might mean that you'd have to choose between the least of three evils...
    Are you talking about the UK system? If so, that's intriguing at least.

  22. #13472
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mawile_626 View Post
    Why would you get kicked out of the house? Your vote should remain secret and only you should divulge it if you so wish to.
    You don't know my father, dude. Trust me.

  23. #13473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    You don't know my father, dude. Trust me.
    Sounds like my best broski's dad. :u If anyone in his home votes anything but Republican they're pretty much shunned and left to fend for themselves.

  24. #13474
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evil Scumbags, Inc.
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armorandonomon View Post
    Sounds like my best broski's dad. :u If anyone in his home votes anything but Republican they're pretty much shunned and left to fend for themselves.
    My dad would watch Fox News all day every day if he could. I think that kind of speaks for itself.

  25. #13475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    My dad would watch Fox News all day every day if he could. I think that kind of speaks for itself.
    If he praises MSNBC, then I think that speaks more.

Page 539 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •