Page 1295 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 295119512451285129112921293129412951296129712981299130513451395 ... LastLast
Results 32,351 to 32,375 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

You could honestly make a legit argument about letting Biglutz run wild over the debate forum ruining it.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

i see the debate forum as just a source of entertainment rather than actual debating

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for BigLutz
    He's literally the only one debating ever on this forum for anything on the right.
    without him the debate forum would be a giant liberal circle jerk
    I'm more to the right economically than pretty much anyone on this forum. I just really cba humouring inane arguments most of the time. You also have to factor in the internet's tendency to consider anything that isn't majority opinion (on either side) as being tantamount to devil worshipping/baby killing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    i see the debate forum as just a source of entertainment rather than actual debating
    It used to be far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    The way I see it, Republicans, who represent only the interests of the wealthiest Americans, believe they already own everything, so they see nothing wrong with bypassing "little details" like asking permission for using something that does not belong to them. They're too thick to realize, it just doesn't work that way, because no matter what your opinion is of a group like Rage Against the Machine, they've got rights.

Well, what do you know? Seems at least ONE Republican got something out of the shut down after all... He just had to double cross his own party to do it.
    In other words... STOP RESISTING THE LAW, REPUBLICANS!
    you know political ignorance can go BOTH ways
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG

ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

i don't even know what party the president is for lol, im just living

Ants are currently invading my home.
    I have tried flooding them out, setting an animal on them, and baiting them.
    And yet they keep trying.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

If any of you have good Pokemon in your Friend Safari, I will give you my FC. I have Quilladin and other two lame ones. :(
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Mine is Water with Gyarados and Panpour

That's pretty disappointing. If anyone wants them though, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i don't even know what party the president is for lol, im just living
    I feel like the older I get, the less I care about politics.

2008: How can you not vote?! This is THE most important election of our lifetime!
    2013: Well... voting day is a holiday, right?

Ugh it pisses me off when people don't vote because I think it's really important for people to understand just how lucky they are to have their democratic rights and freedoms. I'd rather people go and waste a ballot than not go at all, it's just frustrating when people go "Well why should I vote it doesn't even matter" when there's a huge history behind getting democratic rights. B(

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Ugh it pisses me off when people don't vote because I think it's really important for people to understand just how lucky they are to have their democratic rights and freedoms. I'd rather people go and waste a ballot than not go at all, it's just frustrating when people go "Well why should I vote it doesn't even matter" when there's a huge history behind getting democratic rights. B(
    I understand and see your point of it but to me it's like, I personally wasn't even fighting to vote. Wasting a ballot seems counter productive when you don't even know, or care what the parties are fighting for. There are also people that disagree with views from both sides, so I'd give them a pass. It's like picking the lesser of two evils.

When there are enough people in the US that actually stop caring about politics, either voting or just following them, then I'll step it up. Until them, I'll be one less person holding up the line.

in australia it's mandatory to vote but we have a lot of parties to vote for so if you don't like the big two you can just vote for someone else
    life is
    a game

i didnt vote last year bc i literally had class from something ridiculous like 8 am to 6 pm with no breaks and i just wanted to go home and sleep. but i felt bad and wished i did vote. younger people especially should vote more often than we do because if we dont then we get **** like right now that older people's interests are wayyyy more represented than ours because we dont vote for what we should

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    in australia it's mandatory to vote but we have a lot of parties to vote for so if you don't like the big two you can just vote for someone else
    Clearly you do not have any idea as to how elections work in Australia. Nearly all of your preferences are funneled into the direction of the two major parties. Voting for the Greens is ultimately a vote for Labor in 80% of cases, for example, except in open-ticket seats where the figure is 75%.

If you go into a voting booth without any knowledge as to how your preferences are going to be distributed, you are a fool. It is exactly that type of disillusionment that leads to candidates from fringe parties like AMEP and Family First landing seats in the Senate - candidates who should not be there to begin with.
    Last edited by facetious; 20th October 2013 at 3:55 AM.

Mine is Water with Gyarados and Panpour

That's pretty disappointing. If anyone wants them though, let me know.
    Gyarados, Panpour, and Frogadier. No complaints here. That's a great mix.

Am I weird that I find the debate forum a stress reliever? Yeah... I am weird ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    This is what all "non voters" should do.

Mandatory voting is however the devil's work.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 20th October 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    This is what all "non voters" should do.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that. What if all the "Non-voters" randomly voted and it was decided against your party? You guys (not you specifically) would ***** a massive fit and go ballistic that the winner was decided by a bunch of people who never care in the first place.

Oh, an Espurr is love~
    Last edited by Jb; 20th October 2013 at 3:27 PM.

Here's a better option, get rid of the 24 hour news cycle, so the news actually needs to report on things instead of being overly biased and sensationalized to get ratings.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Here's a better option, get rid of the 24 hour news cycle, so the news actually needs to report on things instead of being overly biased and sensationalized to get ratings.

woot21 out dawgs
    But then how would I know Obama's schedule at 3 AM in the morning and if the event he is visiting 14 hours later will destroy/save America?!

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that. What if all the "Non-voters" randomly voted and it was decided against your party? You guys (not you specifically) would ***** a massive fit and go ballistic that the winner was decided by a bunch of people who never care in the first place.

Oh, an Espurr is love~
    I took "waste a ballot" to mean spoiling your ballot paper. I've done it half/more than half of the elections I've ever had the right to vote in.

Oh, an Espurr is love~
    that's basically american politics

Heh, I remember back in the 2008 elections where my local news interviewed a bunch of college-age people asking who they voted for.

Pretty much all of them said they voted for Obama "because he's black"

Quote Originally Posted by the lounge View Post
    Heh, I remember back in the 2008 elections where my local news interviewed a bunch of college-age people asking who they voted for.

Pretty much all of them said they voted for Obama "because he's black"
    They just didn't want to be racist.

Page 1295 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 295119512451285129112921293129412951296129712981299130513451395 ... LastLast