Page 1295 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 295119512451285129112921293129412951296129712981299130513451395 ... LastLast
Results 32,351 to 32,375 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #32351
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    *sigh* Ohio
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    You could honestly make a legit argument about letting Biglutz run wild over the debate forum ruining it.
    The average person after entering #spp-misc
    3DS Friend Code 4656-5949-1831

  2. #32352
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    i see the debate forum as just a source of entertainment rather than actual debating

  3. #32353
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for BigLutz
    He's literally the only one debating ever on this forum for anything on the right.
    without him the debate forum would be a giant liberal circle jerk
    I'm more to the right economically than pretty much anyone on this forum. I just really cba humouring inane arguments most of the time. You also have to factor in the internet's tendency to consider anything that isn't majority opinion (on either side) as being tantamount to devil worshipping/baby killing etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    i see the debate forum as just a source of entertainment rather than actual debating
    It used to be far better.

  4. #32354
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    The way I see it, Republicans, who represent only the interests of the wealthiest Americans, believe they already own everything, so they see nothing wrong with bypassing "little details" like asking permission for using something that does not belong to them. They're too thick to realize, it just doesn't work that way, because no matter what your opinion is of a group like Rage Against the Machine, they've got rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post

    Well, what do you know? Seems at least ONE Republican got something out of the shut down after all... He just had to double cross his own party to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maedar View Post
    In other words... STOP RESISTING THE LAW, REPUBLICANS!
    you know political ignorance can go BOTH ways
    "Signature Strike 1 - Sig image is wider than 600 pixels. Removed." WELL DANG



    ignorance is bliss winkface
    now im gone winkface

  5. #32355
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    i don't even know what party the president is for lol, im just living

  6. #32356
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere quiet.
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Ants are currently invading my home.
    I have tried flooding them out, setting an animal on them, and baiting them.
    And yet they keep trying.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

  7. #32357
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,310

    Default

    If any of you have good Pokemon in your Friend Safari, I will give you my FC. I have Quilladin and other two lame ones. :(
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

    pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

  8. #32358
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    Mine is Water with Gyarados and Panpour

    That's pretty disappointing. If anyone wants them though, let me know.

  9. #32359
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i don't even know what party the president is for lol, im just living
    I feel like the older I get, the less I care about politics.

    2008: How can you not vote?! This is THE most important election of our lifetime!
    2013: Well... voting day is a holiday, right?

  10. #32360
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Creeping on your boyfriend
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Ugh it pisses me off when people don't vote because I think it's really important for people to understand just how lucky they are to have their democratic rights and freedoms. I'd rather people go and waste a ballot than not go at all, it's just frustrating when people go "Well why should I vote it doesn't even matter" when there's a huge history behind getting democratic rights. B(


  11. #32361
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Ugh it pisses me off when people don't vote because I think it's really important for people to understand just how lucky they are to have their democratic rights and freedoms. I'd rather people go and waste a ballot than not go at all, it's just frustrating when people go "Well why should I vote it doesn't even matter" when there's a huge history behind getting democratic rights. B(
    I understand and see your point of it but to me it's like, I personally wasn't even fighting to vote. Wasting a ballot seems counter productive when you don't even know, or care what the parties are fighting for. There are also people that disagree with views from both sides, so I'd give them a pass. It's like picking the lesser of two evils.

    When there are enough people in the US that actually stop caring about politics, either voting or just following them, then I'll step it up. Until them, I'll be one less person holding up the line.

  12. #32362
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    in australia it's mandatory to vote but we have a lot of parties to vote for so if you don't like the big two you can just vote for someone else
    life is
    a game

  13. #32363
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drinking sex on the beach
    Posts
    9,775

    Default

    i didnt vote last year bc i literally had class from something ridiculous like 8 am to 6 pm with no breaks and i just wanted to go home and sleep. but i felt bad and wished i did vote. younger people especially should vote more often than we do because if we dont then we get **** like right now that older people's interests are wayyyy more represented than ours because we dont vote for what we should

    this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

    Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

  14. #32364
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    in australia it's mandatory to vote but we have a lot of parties to vote for so if you don't like the big two you can just vote for someone else
    Clearly you do not have any idea as to how elections work in Australia. Nearly all of your preferences are funneled into the direction of the two major parties. Voting for the Greens is ultimately a vote for Labor in 80% of cases, for example, except in open-ticket seats where the figure is 75%.

    If you go into a voting booth without any knowledge as to how your preferences are going to be distributed, you are a fool. It is exactly that type of disillusionment that leads to candidates from fringe parties like AMEP and Family First landing seats in the Senate - candidates who should not be there to begin with.
    Last edited by facetious; 20th October 2013 at 3:55 AM.

  15. #32365
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default


  16. #32366
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Potato
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Mine is Water with Gyarados and Panpour

    That's pretty disappointing. If anyone wants them though, let me know.
    Gyarados, Panpour, and Frogadier. No complaints here. That's a great mix.

  17. #32367
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Am I weird that I find the debate forum a stress reliever? Yeah... I am weird ;~;

  18. #32368
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Ugh it pisses me off when people don't vote because I think it's really important for people to understand just how lucky they are to have their democratic rights and freedoms. I'd rather people go and waste a ballot than not go at all, it's just frustrating when people go "Well why should I vote it doesn't even matter" when there's a huge history behind getting democratic rights. B(
    This is what all "non voters" should do.

    Mandatory voting is however the devil's work.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 20th October 2013 at 12:50 PM.

  19. #32369
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    This is what all "non voters" should do.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that. What if all the "Non-voters" randomly voted and it was decided against your party? You guys (not you specifically) would ***** a massive fit and go ballistic that the winner was decided by a bunch of people who never care in the first place.

    Oh, an Espurr is love~
    Last edited by Jb; 20th October 2013 at 3:27 PM.

  20. #32370
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Here's a better option, get rid of the 24 hour news cycle, so the news actually needs to report on things instead of being overly biased and sensationalized to get ratings.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  21. #32371
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Posts
    8,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Here's a better option, get rid of the 24 hour news cycle, so the news actually needs to report on things instead of being overly biased and sensationalized to get ratings.

    woot21 out dawgs
    But then how would I know Obama's schedule at 3 AM in the morning and if the event he is visiting 14 hours later will destroy/save America?!

  22. #32372
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Cool Cool River
    Posts
    2,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that. What if all the "Non-voters" randomly voted and it was decided against your party? You guys (not you specifically) would ***** a massive fit and go ballistic that the winner was decided by a bunch of people who never care in the first place.

    Oh, an Espurr is love~
    I took "waste a ballot" to mean spoiling your ballot paper. I've done it half/more than half of the elections I've ever had the right to vote in.

  23. #32373
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that. What if all the "Non-voters" randomly voted and it was decided against your party? You guys (not you specifically) would ***** a massive fit and go ballistic that the winner was decided by a bunch of people who never care in the first place.

    Oh, an Espurr is love~
    that's basically american politics

  24. #32374
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Heh, I remember back in the 2008 elections where my local news interviewed a bunch of college-age people asking who they voted for.

    Pretty much all of them said they voted for Obama "because he's black"

  25. #32375
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    9,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the lounge View Post
    Heh, I remember back in the 2008 elections where my local news interviewed a bunch of college-age people asking who they voted for.

    Pretty much all of them said they voted for Obama "because he's black"
    They just didn't want to be racist.

Page 1295 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 295119512451285129112921293129412951296129712981299130513451395 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •