Page 1423 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 42313231373141314191420142114221423142414251426142714331473 ... LastLast
Results 35,551 to 35,575 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    just had Wendy's about 30 minutes ago. now THOSE are the best fast food fries in the game!
    As far as taste and overall food quality, without question. But apparently because they use better quality food, the food they serve is less healthy (at least if one is looking at being careful in their consumption of calories, carbs, sodium, etc.) than their competitors. Although the data I'm thinking of is a little outdated, I think a more recent one has said that there are some Subway sandwiches are just nutritional bombshell especially considering that people at Subway tend to eat more because they think it's the "healthier" place to go. That being said, if I had to order fast food, like when I'm on a long car trip and want a quick bite, I go to Wendy's for sure.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    as an ex-fast food worker I can honestly tell you that we do not care.

Like honestly if you yell at us all we're going to do is laugh about it later and call you a moron. My personal favorite complaint was "You screwed it up every single time", because there's no way in hell we did. We make mistakes but it doesn't happen as often as you think it does.
    I'd still find it better not to be a jerk anyway.

I used to date someone who worked in fast food. I have heard all about all the unpleasantness people working the register have to deal with.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

as an ex-fast food worker I can honestly tell you that we do not care.

Like honestly if you yell at us all we're going to do is laugh about it later and call you a moron. My personal favorite complaint was "You screwed it up every single time", because there's no way in hell we did. We make mistakes but it doesn't happen as often as you think it does.
    Good. Then I'll fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's something you have to taste imo. There's a reason that it's a huge cultural thing for Canadians - it has to at least sort of taste good.
    I suppose I can't fully judge it since I've never tried it, but I'm horribly lazy, so it won't be anytime soon that I even go somewhere that serves the stuff. At the same time, I'm also the weird guy who doesn't like salsa in his Mexican food, so I could end up surprising myself with something new.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Does anyone know any efficient way to become physically fit? I'm fairly open-minded about this.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

taste the happy

life is
    a game

Sweet, a shiny Carbink. If only Carbink was viable for competitive battling, I would be all over that.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Does anyone know any efficient way to become physically fit? I'm fairly open-minded about this.
    Run a 5k (3.1 miles) every day or at least 4-5 times a week. I mean, odds are when you first start out you'll have trouble finishing, but if you force yourself to make it at least two miles you'll improve quickly and be able to make the distance and add on to it incrementally. Supplement with a core regimen every day that I usually do before bed. Mine is 35 push-ups and 50 sit ups x5. Also consider a vegetarian or at least mostly vegetarian diet. Not only will you be eating a lot healthier, but it forces you to become aware of what you're eating. Maybe add in some weights if you want to build upper arm strength. Keep it up for two, three months and you'll look fantastic and get laid a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    Sweet, a shiny Carbink. If only Carbink was viable for competitive battling, I would be all over that.
    I hear it makes an excellent trick room lead
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye721 View Post
    I hear it makes an excellent trick room lead
    I imagine it would be, now that I think about it, with sturdy and 150 def and spdef, that's not bad. 150 def and spdef is pretty good, but Shuckle way outclasses it in that department, but Carbink's other stats are better than Shuckle's.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Run a 5k (3.1 miles) every day or at least 4-5 times a week. I mean, odds are when you first start out you'll have trouble finishing, but if you force yourself to make it at least two miles you'll improve quickly and be able to make the distance and add on to it incrementally. Supplement with a core regimen every day that I usually do before bed. Mine is 35 push-ups and 50 sit ups x5. Also consider a vegetarian or at least mostly vegetarian diet. Not only will you be eating a lot healthier, but it forces you to become aware of what you're eating. Maybe add in some weights if you want to build upper arm strength. Keep it up for two, three months and you'll look fantastic and get laid a lot.
    1) When you say 50 sit ups x 5, are you saying 50 sit ups for 5 days a week or 250 per day?
    2) Is diet crucial to fitness? I ask because I can only say I gain virtually no weight. I was weighed once in May and again in October and in that span of time I only gained 3 pounds.
    3)that bolded part tho

Credit to Brutaka

1) When you say 50 sit ups x 5, are you saying 50 sit ups for 5 days a week or 250 per day?
    2) Is diet crucial to fitness? I ask because I can only say I gain virtually no weight. I was weighed once in May and again in October and in that span of time I only gained 3 pounds.
    3)that bolded part tho
    1) Yeah, do the 35 push ups and 50 sit ups five times with breaks of maybe 30 seconds in between routines
    2) I dunno, really. I'm like you, I metabolize pretty much everything I eat. However, when I'm more conscious about my diet, I'm aware of what I eat when I have a better performance. For me at least, it's not the diet itself that's so important, but the components of the diet. I make sure I eat a lot of carbs, vegetables, and because I'm a vegetarian, I'm super conscious of making sure I get enough protein (usually in soy milk). I guess it's not really necessary per say, but it doesn't hurt and it has a lot of benefits.
    3 )Hey, worked for me in multiple trials. And I think the above counts as writing it down, so it's basically science

Just as a general if you're trying to become more fit you might as well work on healthy eating habits as well, regardless of whether you think it'll help you right now or not. It'll be a good thing for the future, when your body can no longer metabolize at the rate it does now.

Star-Lord

Yeah, that's something I really need to work on. My brother practically forces me to work out, although I prefer things like running, swimming, biking and stuff like that, I do it anyways. But one of my main eating downfalls, is that I really like Dr. Pepper and coke etc. like, I'll chose between Coke, tea and coffee in the morning. I really need to cut back from the pop.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by NaCl View Post
    Five guys french fries are my favorite out of all the fast food chains. But its like double the price lol. I get a mcds meal for 8 bucks and I pay 16 for a five guys meal. It's ok though they taste good enough.

I've never tried In N Out though. I want to. a lot.
    McDonalds are starting to get expensive.
    In NYC we usually prefer Burger King or Wendy's.

moot I know your hype about that Carbink.

Also keep in mind that if you're trying to build muscle don't do the same exercises multiple days in a row, your muscles need to heal to grow and if you're constantly doing the same exercise they'll never heal. If you only want to work on one area take at least a day break between exercises, cycling between a few body parts each day is a good way to do it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

thanks for all the tips, everyone. I will take them into consideration. I can hopefully start stuff on Tuesday, when my life isn't as hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulava View Post
    McDonalds are starting to get expensive.
    In NYC we usually prefer Burger King or Wendy's.
    You live in NYC!? That's so cool! My marching band is gonna be on Good Day New York tomorrow morning at 9:00. So excited about it. I'm a huge Greg Kelly fan

Credit to Brutaka

thanks for all the tips, everyone. I will take them into consideration. I can hopefully start stuff on Tuesday, when my life isn't as hectic.
    Keeping active would probably yield better results depending on how big you want to get. I do logistic work (unloading trucks), and I walk everywhere. That was enough to get me pretty fit. Sometimes working out can really tedious, so it might be better to find something that could keep you active while doing some manual work. It could be anything really, like working a library moving books, or cleaning. Just a thought if the other stuff doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Also keep in mind that if you're trying to build muscle don't do the same exercises multiple days in a row, your muscles need to heal to grow and if you're constantly doing the same exercise they'll never heal. If you only want to work on one area take at least a day break between exercises, cycling between a few body parts each day is a good way to do it.
    Yeah, just to expand upon this: The whole concept behind building muscle is the fact that you're tearing your muscle and then repairing it. Tearing your muscle isn't really hard to do at all - pretty much anybody can go pick up a few weights and just keep going and going. Like Hydrohs said though, if you're constantly working the same muscle it's never going to heal. Repairing your muscle means allowing it to keep a break. If you want to gain muscle mass you're going to want to eat protein and a lot of calories (And I do mean a lot. I'd say one gram of protein for each pound of body weight you currently have. I currently can't remember the formula I used for caloric intake)

Star-Lord

replaying PaRappa the Rapper

this is the greatest music game of all time

i hate your signature so god damn much
    life is
    a game

That's the worst sentence I've ever read.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Keeping active would probably yield better results depending on how big you want to get. I do logistic work (unloading trucks), and I walk everywhere. That was enough to get me pretty fit. Sometimes working out can really tedious, so it might be better to find something that could keep you active while doing some manual work. It could be anything really, like working a library moving books, or cleaning. Just a thought if the other stuff doesn't work out.
    I don't wanna get huge or anything. I just want tone and upper body strength. But I'd probably be more willing to do that stuff if I had more energy, which I hope to get from an improved fitness.

Yeah, just to expand upon this: The whole concept behind building muscle is the fact that you're tearing your muscle and then repairing it. Tearing your muscle isn't really hard to do at all - pretty much anybody can go pick up a few weights and just keep going and going. Like Hydrohs said though, if you're constantly working the same muscle it's never going to heal. Repairing your muscle means allowing it to keep a break. If you want to gain muscle mass you're going to want to eat protein and a lot of calories (And I do mean a lot. I'd say one gram of protein for each pound of body weight you currently have. I currently can't remember the formula I used for caloric intake)
    So what if I don't want a lot of mass? Just some toned muscle. I've never been a fan of excessive protein because of what it could do to my bodily excretions, if ya catch my drift.

Credit to Brutaka

If you just wanna tone your muscle gradually increase your weights when you feel comfortable. Protein and caloric intake only really applies if you want to gain muscle I'm fairly sure.

Although it's been a v long time since I've done gym stuff. I will also suggest just to do your own research to double check

Star-Lord

Page 1423 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 42313231373141314191420142114221423142414251426142714331473 ... LastLast