Page 1451 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 45113511401144114471448144914501451145214531454145514611501 ... LastLast
Results 36,251 to 36,275 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I prefer physical music because most online music retailers only offers **** lossy compressed stuff.

Also having things is nice.
    I buy physical music because used CDs are dirt cheap. I also like be able to play stuff while I am driving. Messing around with a mp3 player while driving isn't a great idea. On the other hand my CD tower is huge and collects a ton of dust. So I don't mind digital versions either.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    Sometimes. Sometimes I'll browse genres online loking for stuff. I like having a physical copy of the music.
    Oh. Well, that's okay I guess. xD

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    when you purchase music digitally, you purchase COMMUNISM

(no but seriously, i greatly prefer physical releases. also **** itunes-exclusive bonus tracks.)
    Totally agree haha. When I can I'll purchase the CD on Amazon.

I prefer physical music because most online music retailers only offers **** lossy compressed stuff.

Also having things is nice.
    Having things is very nice. Pretty much never buy digital when there's a physical alternative (re: Nintendo DLC). But yeah, you guys are seriously too honest about this retailer stuff. ;< Anyone heard of torrents..??
    Last edited by Atari; 14th February 2014 at 2:12 AM.

I used to torrent things, then I got a job and decided I wanted to actually support people who make things I like, because they deserve it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I mean, I do like to support artists, but generally I do so by purchasing concert tickets and memorabilia and stuff. Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T

I don't listen to too many artist so I don't really have to worry about supporting them. My of downloads are OST's and such.

usually when I like a song by an artist, I'll just get torrent/dl/w,e the song itself. I simply can't justify paying like $3 for a song I can listen to on Youtube for free.

I'm borrowing my friend's Mac (I'm Team HP) and I'm trying to post by using the shortcut alt + S but this Apple crap keeps doing a "ß" when I do that. Also, does this thing even have an End button???

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Well, at least his laptop makes it easier to spell Scheiße. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T
    Doesn't stop me, you just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    My of downloads are OST's and such.
    These are the people that need your money the most.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I'm borrowing my friend's Mac (I'm Team HP) and I'm trying to post by using the shortcut alt + S but this Apple crap keeps doing a "ß" when I do that. Also, does this thing even have an End button???
    Use the Command key instead of Alt.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Use the Command key instead of Alt.
    Hmm let's see... nope, I think it's asking me to save this page, which I don't think my friend would want.

Credit to Brutaka

I mean, I do like to support artists, but generally I do so by purchasing concert tickets and memorabilia and stuff. Most of the music I listen to is Japanese tho, so it's very hard to keep up with the scene there and pay like $50 for a single CD. T ^T
    $50 bucks is paying too much. People in Japan don't pay that much, it's a lot closer to $30. I don't recommend purchasing off amazon either, since besides higher prices there's quite a few bootlegs on there.

Japan's got some real business consumer issues, which is why CDs are so expensive. It's generally not a good thing for the typical Japanese consumer, nor does any more of it go to the artists.
    Last edited by Zazie; 14th February 2014 at 5:10 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I just use Spotify and Pandora for music mostly.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

These are the people that need your money the most.
    I buy those when I can but importing most OST's are pretty pricey. Like importing Xenoblades OST would of set me back like $70 at the time.

Finally got internet back!

I had lost it for the last 3 hours or so during this snowstorm. It's been utter hell today, we got a foot of snow and then sleet in the afternoon and evening, God help you if you have to go anywhere in this mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Stay safe Bolt. Winter sucks flat out. We haven't gotten any new snow as of late, but a few weeks ago it sucked here. A lot of rolled over cars, and accidents. I hope we don't get another major snowstorm, but winters not over yet.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

The only OST I payed for, was The World Ends With You, and I don't regret it in the slightest. I do listen to a lot of video game music though, and I don't know where to get a lot of my favorite titles other than youtube, plus I like remixes. XP

On the digital Vs physical thing. I usually don't care either way, so I wind up going with whatever is cheaper (usually digital) but my weak spot is books, if at all possible, I was the physical copy.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

i had a vinyl copy of the red dead redemption soundtrack. that was worth every $
    life is
    a game

I use Google music or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Finally got internet back!

I had lost it for the last 3 hours or so during this snowstorm. It's been utter hell today, we got a foot of snow and then sleet in the afternoon and evening, God help you if you have to go anywhere in this mess.
    Luls. Traveling four hours to an anime convention tomorrow morning so wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    The only OST I payed for, was The World Ends With You, and I don't regret it in the slightest. I do listen to a lot of video game music though and I don't know where to get a lot of my favorite titles other than youtube, plus I like remixes. XP
    Wait and see empathy. You’re not the only one. Little by little you’ll feel a bit better. Lucky me destiny you are on my side. Just once more unto the breach. Dear friend, once more.
    Last edited by Atari; 14th February 2014 at 7:54 AM.

nice tags
    Last edited by moot; 14th February 2014 at 7:53 AM.
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    nice tags
    Thanks, I tried really hard.

Thanks, I tried really hard.
    they were so bad that i couldn't even quote it because my post's tags acted as yours
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    I do listen to a lot of video game music though, and I don't know where to get a lot of my favorite titles other than youtube, plus I like remixes. XP.
    I can help you with this.

What's everyone's Valentine's Day plans? I'm going out for the first time since Halloween.

Credit to Brutaka

What's everyone's Valentine's Day plans? I'm going out for the first time since Halloween.
    Stay at home and do nothing, like the last 21 Valentine's Days.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'm not doing anything particularly special today except hanging out with a few friends. Would sound more special if that didn't sum up every Friday for me. Also this.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Page 1451 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 45113511401144114471448144914501451145214531454145514611501 ... LastLast