Page 578 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 14,426 to 14,450 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Only if you have a dirty mind, which is very immature
    basically every human has a basic mind. thank you for being stereotypical of human beings.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    Yeah, should we go look at your dietary habits?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    And this ain't even my final form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Jb your so straight edged

haven't his sigs always been this way?
    What way is that?
    Last edited by Jb; 17th May 2012 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malanu View Post
    @Gelatino95, It's a good thing to be a bit immature from time to time. Life's to short to be serious always!
    The word "immature" has, by nature, a negative connotation. I'm sure there is another word you're looking for. It's a good thing to be carefree sometimes. It's also good to be a bit silly from time to time. But being immature implies that you are at a lower level of comprehension, that you simply act poorly because it's part of your nature.

Anyway, it's never good to have a dirty mind in the first place

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post

And this ain't even my final form.

What way is that?
    anime girls that did questionable things

@ Gelatino95 it all depends on where you are immature really. Certain places don't need it; there are times to have a lil fun and times not to.
    oopsie

oh no he definitely meant immature
    and it definitely is good to be immature from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    haven't his sigs always been this way?
    At the very least, his images and gifs as far as I remember were much higher quality than the one he has now. Subject matter is a different story, but.

Star-Lord

I just prefer to describe my own behavior with different terms than "immature" since I see that as derogatory

^ Click this for good times ^

Maybe a bit late, but:
    Since when does bobandbill moderate Misc.?

Since when does one receive infractions for spam in Misc.?

Since when are posts that are not extremely spam-like classified as spam?
    I don't mod misc, but given as some said your resident mod is on an adventure and as reports were lying around for a bit for the thread I went and dealt with it (that's what smods are meant to do after all). I may be harsher than Profesco or others but going by the misc rules replying to spam is against the rules and frankly a lot of stuff there was spam. If you disagree you can always send me a PM.

As for the OVGD thread higher ups decided to close it given how it started out and so forth. And Jb, I must have missed that staff contact thread, I'll go take a look at it.

Lastly, spam meat tastes bad imo, bacon all the way.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Totally forgot I requested a name change. Was starting to get pretty pissed I couldn't sign in.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
        Spoiler:- I'm Just an Otaku (For Things from Japan):

Okay, that didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, since the last verse uses the words "frightened" and "people" about a million times each. Still, twenty internet dollars says no one can ever figure out what song I bent over and violated to make this abomination.
    I was humming it along with the beat from the theme song for the fresh prince of Bel Air but it didn't work.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    At the very least, his images and gifs as far as I remember were much higher quality than the one he has now. Subject matter is a different story, but.
    Yeah. The subject matter was always...

I mean, I've had some strange **** in my signatures before, but

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    I was humming it along with the beat from the theme song for the fresh prince of Bel Air but it didn't work.
    Because it's actually not.

e: MOD DISCUSSION SPECIAL:

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    As for the OVGD thread higher ups decided to close it given how it started out and so forth. And Jb, I must have missed that staff contact thread, I'll go take a look at it.
    So is there just some disconnect between you and higher-ups? Since, from what I know of the situation (which probably isn't much), it kinda sounds like that. (Also I'd argue that the tone of the closing message is not appropriate, but that matters even less.)
    Last edited by The Admiral; 18th May 2012 at 1:10 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Catchy song. Outside of the pretty famous songs, that's probably the oldest song I've ever listened too.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So is there just some disconnect between you and higher-ups? Since, from what I know of the situation (which probably isn't much), it kinda sounds like that. (Also I'd argue that the tone of the closing message is not appropriate, but that matters even less.)
    The closing kind of confuse a lot of us. I mean, yeah, the OP wasn't that great, but it was a Video Game discussion thread.
    In the Video Game section.
    Most of us were discussing video games that did not warrant a thread, but were still worth discussing.
    I HONESTLY don't see how it was spam.
    I mean, vidya gaems on a video game section? How blasphemous. As I discussed with someone else, it's like I'm really on /v/.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    The closing kind of confuse a lot of us. I mean, yeah, the OP wasn't that great, but it was a Video Game discussion thread.
    In the Video Game section.
    Most of us were discussing video games that did not warrant a thread, but were still worth discussing.
    I HONESTLY don't see how it was spam.
    I mean, vidya gaems on a video game section? How blasphemous. As I discussed with someone else, it's like I'm really on /v/.
    My feeling is that the thread could be a good place for discussion that clearly belonged in the section, but which didn't have its own thread and didn't warrant its own thread.

The usual links

My feeling is that the thread could be a good place for discussion that clearly belonged in the section, but which didn't have its own thread and didn't warrant its own thread.
    A solution to that may be to create a 'OVGD Commonplace Symposium' thread or something. The word 'chat' has the negative connotation of being spam based, so basically if you completely exclude that word from the thread title you guys should be good to go.

I'm going to try to sort out a general video game discussion thread in OVGD with a mod now, so hopefully we'll have on within the next few days, because as Armor said, it would be good for discussing certain video games.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    A solution to that may be to create a 'OVGD Commonplace Symposium' thread or something. The word 'chat' has the negative connotation of being spam based, so basically if you completely exclude that word from the thread title you guys should be good to go.
    You mean like this thread? Well, shouldn't the mods, instead of basing it off that, look at the content of the thread?

The usual links

You mean like this thread? Well, shouldn't the mods, instead of basing it off that, look at the content of the thread?
    (Metaphor alert) Well, they should, but shouldn't policemen serve and protect the public?

#****thapolice
    but seriously police do more good than bad
    Last edited by KickAsh; 18th May 2012 at 2:47 AM.

Now what have I told you all about trying to apply logic to things? Stop that. Stop that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    #****thapolice

I have far too many of these types of images. Minus the duck, of course.

Quite honestly it could help bring some life back into that section. It's really hard to get any sort of thread going unless its about a major release and even then, half of those also fizzle out quickly. Re-merging OVGD and Nintendo discussion could help as well, since some threads really apply to both, and it makes little sense for the same thread to be in 2 different pllaces. Its not like either section gets heavy traffic. A bunch of other forums could really use to be merged as well.*

*thats all I will say here, since this is probably something to bring up in the suggestion section.

One of Fox News' comment on the use of pepper spray at that protest: "It's a food product, essentially."
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    One of Fox News' comment on the use of pepper spray at that protest: "It's a food product, essentially."
    Those meddling kids!

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

I think I've listened to it a fair bit... except that was on my MP3 player, which doesn't translate stats to last.fm very well, probably because it's some 9349534205052 years old.
    I thought as much. Given your general propensity towards progressive rock, I really would have been better off just assuming.

Five years is pretty reasonable, honestly. But the two year jump between first single and release is a little on the weird side. Two years is enough time to make big changes to sound. Judging by who's working sound on it and the sound of "Headlong Flight," though, it'll probably be mostly the same.
    Well, the time it is taking is reasonable on the whole, yeah. I was referring more to the whole, "New album's out soon! Wait, no it's not. Okay, soon now. No, hold up, another delay," thing. Though Clockwork Angels hasn't been pushed back for more than maybe a year, so I suppose comparing it to Chinese Democracy was in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    I know it's intentional, but Jb#'s sig(s) make me feel so god damn dirty. It's like the visual equivalent of bad touch.

EDIT -- It's so bad jiggling Skeletor pecs apparently make a decent chaser. What is happening?
    Skeletor - that's his name! I had been thinking Skelion, apparently having spent too much time on cellular biology. Eh, I was never big on He-Man anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
    Totally forgot I requested a name change. Was starting to get pretty pissed I couldn't sign in.
    WHO ARE YOU

well waht can i say- you've won 20 internet dollars.

Admittedly, I hadn't been aware that it was a big enough song that they'd made a video of it and it'd have its own Wikipedia page. I guess I just underestimated The Moody Blues in general. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Catchy song. Outside of the pretty famous songs, that's probably the oldest song I've ever listened too.
    What's wrong with you? Listening to music from the 60's and 70's will improve your life in every conceivable way, so you should start immediately. Let's see, I'd recommend... oh, I dunno, Kansas, maybe? That, or The Beatles. Hm, hard call as to which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    #****thapolice
    but seriously police do more good than bad
    This sounds like a fully-articulated and objective thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    What's wrong with you? Listening to music from the 60's and 70's will improve your life in every conceivable way, so you should start immediately. Let's see, I'd recommend... oh, I dunno, Kansas, maybe? That, or The Beatles. Hm, hard call as to which is better.
    *brofist*

(Though Creedence Clearwater Revival is da best out of all of those bands from that time period, with Jimi Hendrix Experience a close second.)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Page 578 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast