Page 898 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 798848888894895896897898899900901902908948998 ... LastLast
Results 22,426 to 22,450 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I think the most oddly humorous parts of the hurricane is this.
    Is this supposed to be a sort of comment on the hurricane as a harbinger of apocalyptic times? He's three denuded bros short.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about drunken stories. Like those who have to brag about the fact they are such massive drinkers, the majority of what of said is untrue.
    That's something of a relief. One can't help but worry for the brain health of recreational passers out. On a similar note.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Is this supposed to be a sort of comment on the hurricane as a harbinger of apocalyptic times? He's three denuded bros short.
    Perhaps it is. The concept of the Four Horsebros of the Apocalypse is significantly more terrifying, indeed.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I've seen storms worse than this hurricane. The "highlight" of Sandy was a thirty-second power outage. It's actually kind of humorous how the school district cancelled school for light rain and light winds.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

It's pretty bad in NYC and thereabouts.

Yeah, we're getting hit hard in the Philadelphia and suburbs area.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Today I saw a cat cross the street. I was like, "Awww :3". Once the cat got to the other side, it then proceeded to chase a rabbit. I was like, "Awww D:"

Anyway, where I am, right now we're getting high winds and rain. But I hope everyone stays safe. I have relatives living near the cost of Connecticut. They evacuated yesterday because their street name is on the "evacuation" list.

are you a parking ticket

cuz you're looking FINE

Goddamnit I'm missing Hawaii 5-0 because of this hurricane what the hell

I live in Texas I don't give a ratsass about the east coast Jesus Christ CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Goddamnit I'm missing Hawaii 5-0 because of this hurricane what the hell

I live in Texas I don't give a ratsass about the east coast Jesus Christ CBS
    Stop trying to sound all badass. This hurricane is ****ing up so many people. In my town houses are on fire, trees are all over the roads and houses. Roofs are coming off. Cars, houses and other places are under water.
    Too bad for you? Should we feel sorry for you? Maybe if you start giving some concern about other people, maybe we will start caring about your so horrible 'problems.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Stop trying to sound all badass. This hurricane is ****ing up so many people. In my town houses are on fire, trees are all over the roads and houses. Roofs are coming off. Cars, houses and other places are under water.
    Too bad for you? Should we feel sorry for you? Maybe if you start giving some concern about other people, maybe we will start caring about your so horrible 'problems.'
    I'm pretty sure hurricanes hammer Florida every year and they don't cut out entire blocks of programming for those occurrences

Your white knighting me is very noble Mandi I give serious props to you

Edit: but for real you guys this hurricane is becoming a huge overstatement fast just like every other piece of news
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 30th October 2012 at 5:27 AM.

I'm pretty sure hurricanes hammer Florida every year and they don't cut out entire blocks of programming for those occurrences

Your white knighting me is very noble Mandi I give serious props to you
    You know, we're able to complain just like how the south complains and freak out when they get flurries.

But honestly, this is a pretty legit hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    You know, we're able to complain just like how the south complains and freak out when they get flurries.

But honestly, this is a pretty legit hurricane.
    well hell
    At least it doesn't black out programming when those flurries happen

probably because the east coast holds pretty much every major news network and that explains this situation well enough I think

well hell

probably because the east coast holds pretty much every major news network and that explains this situation well enough I think
    yeah, if you lost a house from a tree falling on it, or catching on fire, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be ignore in your time of need or have people talk crap about how you're over-reacting, lol it's just a hurricane, calm down *****, grow a pair.

The hurricane didn't stop David Letterman even if he has no studio audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    anyway guys i actually passed out on the frankenstorm. like right on it!

isn't that wild?
    rofl tahts crazzzy!

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    It was $5. My four year old cousin didn't even like them.
    Well, now I just feel like a jackass for such a bad recommendation. But on the plus side, you now have adequate emergency rations to last you a fortnight or so.

well hell

Probably also because of other things like shutting down the stock exchange and affecting upwards of 50 million people. WHICH IS STILL NO EXCUSE I MEAN WHAT THE ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    The hurricane didn't stop David Letterman even if he has no studio audience.
    Letterman's always been kind of an idiot.

^Was Hurricane Sandy the reason why WWE went strange sometimes during it's transmission? (I live in England so yeah this is an earnest query.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    Yeah, we're getting hit hard in the Philadelphia and suburbs area.
    That's exactly where I live and I have not experienced anything. It's actually pretty sunny right now.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

it's always sunny in philadelphia though
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    That's exactly where I live and I have not experienced anything. It's actually pretty sunny right now.
    Wow, you're pretty lucky then. I live a few minutes away from Reading and it hasn't stopped downpouring here since Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    it's always sunny in philadelphia though
    Oh you.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

^Of course it would be non-stop raining in Reading, it's always raining in England. (You are talking about Reading right, not some kind of knockoff shanty town in America where every single place in America is named after an English place.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Does it ever stop raining in England? My trip there seemed to suggest that it didn't.

^ It depends, during Summer, Spring and Winter, no, during Autumn maybe. But I'm from Birmingham so maybe it rains all throughout Autumn in other places.

My area was largely untouched. We got very heavy winds and a smattering of rain, and lost power for about a day, but otherwise no tragedies. I hear it was much worse in the city and tri-state area. I hope everyone is safe and well.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    My area was largely untouched. We got very heavy winds and a smattering of rain, and lost power for about a day, but otherwise no tragedies. I hear it was much worse in the city and tri-state area. I hope everyone is safe and well.
    Likewise. Stay safe all.

Page 898 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 798848888894895896897898899900901902908948998 ... LastLast