Page 960 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 86091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 23,976 to 24,000 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Well, while the lot of you have been debating about gun control and mental illness, I've been listening to the one and only Video Game song to win a grammy.

Here it is, since the Review/Post a Song thread is taken up by me at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHD...ature=youtu.be

If you really want my opinion, though, it's that guns don't kill people - weapons kill people. Before the invention of guns, we were perfectly content to murder each other with stones and spears. I'm not pro-guns, mind you. I just think that our current political status is far from pre-utopian.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

^Pfft. Guns don't kill people, rappers do, I saw it on a documentary on BBC 2.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    it's that guns don't kill people - weapons kill people.
    This makes no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Pfft. Guns don't kill people, rappers do, I saw it on a documentary on BBC 2.
    Why don't you have a seat right over there.

^You don't get the reference, do you?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    If you really want my opinion, though, it's that guns don't kill people - weapons kill people. Before the invention of guns, we were perfectly content to murder each other with stones and spears. I'm not pro-guns, mind you. I just think that our current political status is far from pre-utopian.
    Stones and spears could not murder twenty-plus people in a matter of seconds.

Also, I submitted a gun-control thread to the debate forum on Friday but it still hasn't been approved. Kreis? Kreis??

My mom is freaking cus now she thinks I'm going to get shot. Sorry about my rude vms Ellie.
    Last edited by pug6666; 16th December 2012 at 6:54 PM.

^You don't get the reference, do you?
    Not when you say things like.

the little brats won't have Christmas

This place is horrible thefore enjoy this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5LDnFGfLXk

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Stones and spears could not murder twenty-plus people in a matter of seconds.

Also, I submitted a gun-control thread to the debate forum on Friday but it still hasn't been approved. Kreis? Kreis??
    Approved. Sorry, for the holdback. It's Profesco and Psychic who are in charge of running it, so I imagine there's a lot of unapproved threads atm.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Well profesco does have high standards so don't be suprised if it gets rejected.

He has let down the standards.

When I missed that. Also bring back the consulea thing in your sig.

Wow. I sure did get quoted a lot.

Sorry guys, but I was in a bit of a rush with that point, as you could tell. I was trying to make more of a point along the lines of "Even if we got rid of guns entirely, we'd still find a way to kill each other," Ergo weapons kill people - It's why I tacked on the "Far from Pre-Utopian" point at the end there. Perhaps I didn't want to sound like a quote word-for-word from a Pokemon game you've all played or something.

Of course, elaboration is the downfall of all debaters. I am only digging my hole deeper. On that note, cheese. It's probably growing under my bed.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

The new topic is how Awesome I am.

I repeat.. nothing is going to stop crazy people from doing crazy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pug6666 View Post
    The new topic is how Awesome I am.
    no.

She is right so therefore this debate is ovva,

In other news, I just got an infraction for having a differing opinion, gotta love Admin logic sometimes.

In other news, I just got an infraction for having a differing opinion, gotta love Admin logic sometimes.
    You were trying to be funny, but failed miserably. That is a topic where you cannot joke around without being labeled as a douche.
    Whine some more.

I feel you pain although I will get infracted for saying this/

^I wasn't trying to be funny, I'm not whining, you're just hypocritical and can't take criticism. Maybe it's the fact that it's Christmas time, maybe it's the fact that I've lived through this old song and dance before (Columbine, Virginia Tech. etc. etc.), maybe it's due to the fact that statistics on a newspaper article doesn't affect me. (Call me psychopathic or sociopathic if you may but if I don't know them, if I've never met them, I have the inability to sympathize with strangers, trust me, if I could, I would be sympathizing, hoping that this will finally be the time where America will finally get their act together and do something about guns, but they don't.) Or it could be the fact that I'm just getting bored, legit bored, with America's antics. The fault is with the fact that as a budding Criminologist and someone who's currently learning Forensic Science in College, I need to leave all my sensitivity to violence out the door.

Look even if we made tighter restrictions it's too ingrained in the culture and the Republicans blitch about the second amendment too much to get anything done even though it needs to be.

^Exactly. (I'm preaching on and on, but it'll fall on deaf ears, it always does.)

Carolers just came up to my door and started singing.

If they weren't neighbors, I'd call the cops on them. *likes her peace and quiet*

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

stop ****ing whining about infractions in here or im going to give you more. seriously. quit it now.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Page 960 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 86091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast