Page 1179 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 179107911291169117511761177117811791180118111821183118912291279 ... LastLast
Results 29,451 to 29,475 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    oopsie

I kind of like the idea, but from a business perspective the Wii U is terrible. Aside from Nintendo first party games, there's nothing the Wii U has (or will have) that the PS4 and Nextbox will not. It's probably not going to get good third party games because of the lack of power compared to the others, meaning you'd need one of them to truly experience many of those franchises. And unlike the Wii Remote, the Gamepad isn't really as innovative or intuitive, plus Microsoft and Sony have already taken to copying it, eliminating any sort of competitive advantage the Gamepad would've given the Wii U. Literally the only reason to own a Wii U is if you like Nintendo's first party games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    At least it isn't as bad as the PS2's quality control.

That thing had over 2,000 games.

I think that when you add in the gimmicky status of their recent systems...

This isn't just a rant about Nintendo coddling filthy casuals, though. It's just saying that shovelware developers looking to turn a fast buck would probably be more drawn to something that can do more pointless things that sound fun but don't usually add to the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post

At least it had Sly Cooper, Guilty Gear and Armored Core.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

What quality control ends up doing is blocking good games from coming to systems. You think console manufacturer's actually know what makes a good game? That is part of the reason why the Saturn had so much difficulty in the West.

Sony of America did have quality control. They blocked quality (good) fighting games like the Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 1&2 amongst other things, on the basis of being 2d. Or in the case of some PSP games like a port of the original Shin Megami Tensei Devil Sumonner, blocking game for not having enough new content, despite having never been released ion the West.
    Last edited by Zazie; 22nd April 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    What quality control ends up doing is blocking good games from coming to systems. You think console manufacturer's actually know what makes a good game? That is part of the reason why the Saturn had so much difficulty in the West.
    Funny, Nintendo is exactly the opposite in this regard. They certainly know what makes a good game, but not what makes a good console.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post

Sony of America did have quality control. They blocked quality (good) fighting games like the Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 1&2 amongst other things, on the basis of being 2d. Or in the case of some PSP games like a port of the original Shin Megami Tensei Devil Sumonner, blocking game for not having enough new content, despite having never been released ion the West.
    There's also this. I'm not generally convinced that the console manufacturers understand what an enjoyable gaming experience is. I assume, for some reason or another, that many people in the games industry do not play video games or do not enjoy doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Funny, Nintendo is exactly the opposite in this regard. They certainly know what makes a good game, but not what makes a good console.
    They know how to make a profitable game, anyway.

The usual links

If Nintendo was willing to be more exclusive as to who develops then you'd have a higher concentration of good quality games. Sure, gimmicks may draw in lousy gimmicky games, but ultimately it's the console maker with the last say so.
    It would be a decent idea for Nintendo to get more franchise titles out sooner for their consoles. Take Pikmin 3, they delayed it again until this fall/winter. They've always sold their first party franchises well.
    oopsie

But the PS2 was always and still is the best selling console without a doubt. There were many games for people including the sucky ones.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

What were the last good Nintendo games anyway?

I kind of like the idea, but from a business perspective the Wii U is terrible. Aside from Nintendo first party games, there's nothing the Wii U has (or will have) that the PS4 and Nextbox will not. It's probably not going to get good third party games because of the lack of power compared to the others, meaning you'd need one of them to truly experience many of those franchises. And unlike the Wii Remote, the Gamepad isn't really as innovative or intuitive, plus Microsoft and Sony have already taken to copying it, eliminating any sort of competitive advantage the Gamepad would've given the Wii U. Literally the only reason to own a Wii U is if you like Nintendo's first party games.
    If they can get some of the more popular titles like the next CoD on there (They already have Watch_Dogs) and they lower the price then I can see it holding its own well against the PS4 and the Nextbox. All people are going to see is that the Wii U has CoD and it's cheaper. Brand loyalty only goes so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I thought Fire Emblem: Awakening was pretty good.

super smash bros.

the original
    i also liked mario party

Lots of good Nintendo games were made recently, New Super Mario Bros U, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.

I was under the impression that most of Nintendo's work on FE was licensing the game and ****ing up the distribution?

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    If they can get some of the more popular titles like the next CoD on there (They already have Watch_Dogs) and they lower the price then I can see it holding its own well against the PS4 and the Nextbox. All people are going to see is that the Wii U has CoD and it's cheaper. Brand loyalty only goes so far.
    They can get away with it for now, but once PS4 and Nextbox come out, third parties are likely to want to move on. So it'll be the same as last gen, PS4 and Nextbox get all of the big titles, and Wii U will mostly either get a scaled down version or miss out on the game completely.

The most recent one I can think of would be Super Mario 3D Land. If you're counting second parties, some other great ones in recent years would be Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd April 2013 at 4:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I think that when you add in the gimmicky status of their recent systems...

This isn't just a rant about Nintendo coddling filthy casuals, though. It's just saying that shovelware developers looking to turn a fast buck would probably be more drawn to something that can do more pointless things that sound fun but don't usually add to the gameplay.

At least it had Sly Cooper, Guilty Gear and Armored Core.
    Somebody who likes armored core. <3
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Lots of good Nintendo games were made recently, New Super Mario Bros U, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.
    NSMB is totally a rehash. Not really bad but come on. Skyward Sword has terrible controls. SMG2 isn't exactly recent.

I don't much about Fire Emblem but wasn't it devolved by Intelligent Systems and not Nintendo themselves.

NSMB is totally a rehash. Not really bad but come on. Skyward Sword has terrible controls. SMG2 isn't exactly recent.

I don't much about Fire Emblem but wasn't it devolved by Intelligent Systems and not Nintendo themselves.
    Guess someone isn't as dexterous as they'd like.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

IS is a subsidiary of Nintendo, so.

And NSMB is only supposed to be released once on every platform, which is kind of a neat idea. 2010 isn't that old for a game, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    And NSMB is only supposed to be released once on every platform, which is kind of a neat idea. 2010 isn't that old for a game, either.
    Still doesn't excuse the rehashing.

Still doesn't excuse the rehashing.
    All they're trying to do is make Mario accessible to anyone who has a Nintendo console.

I agree they could be doing a hell of a lot better but considering each one has unique levels and powerups it's really not as bad as it could be.

GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! It's a bacon taco.

Great. Now you can have a heart attack Mexican style.

It's not really a taco if there is no tortilla.* A bacon taco would have the bacon on the inside. I prefer tamales or chile rellenos over tacos anyway.

*preferably corn tortillas

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

nerds
    life is
    a game

Page 1179 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 179107911291169117511761177117811791180118111821183118912291279 ... LastLast