Page 1179 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 179107911291169117511761177117811791180118111821183118912291279 ... LastLast
Results 29,451 to 29,475 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

  1. #29451
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    oopsie

  2. #29452
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    I kind of like the idea, but from a business perspective the Wii U is terrible. Aside from Nintendo first party games, there's nothing the Wii U has (or will have) that the PS4 and Nextbox will not. It's probably not going to get good third party games because of the lack of power compared to the others, meaning you'd need one of them to truly experience many of those franchises. And unlike the Wii Remote, the Gamepad isn't really as innovative or intuitive, plus Microsoft and Sony have already taken to copying it, eliminating any sort of competitive advantage the Gamepad would've given the Wii U. Literally the only reason to own a Wii U is if you like Nintendo's first party games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  3. #29453
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    At least it isn't as bad as the PS2's quality control.

    That thing had over 2,000 games.

  4. #29454
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    I think that when you add in the gimmicky status of their recent systems...

    This isn't just a rant about Nintendo coddling filthy casuals, though. It's just saying that shovelware developers looking to turn a fast buck would probably be more drawn to something that can do more pointless things that sound fun but don't usually add to the gameplay.

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    At least it isn't as bad as the PS2's quality control.

    That thing had over 2,000 games.
    At least it had Sly Cooper, Guilty Gear and Armored Core.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  5. #29455
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    nintendo is screwing themselves by allowing every goddamn 3rd party make games for them
    there has been little quality control as to what's made for their systems lately
    What quality control ends up doing is blocking good games from coming to systems. You think console manufacturer's actually know what makes a good game? That is part of the reason why the Saturn had so much difficulty in the West.

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    At least it isn't as bad as the PS2's quality control.

    That thing had over 2,000 games.
    Sony of America did have quality control. They blocked quality (good) fighting games like the Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 1&2 amongst other things, on the basis of being 2d. Or in the case of some PSP games like a port of the original Shin Megami Tensei Devil Sumonner, blocking game for not having enough new content, despite having never been released ion the West.
    Last edited by Zazie; 22nd April 2013 at 10:11 PM.

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  6. #29456
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    What quality control ends up doing is blocking good games from coming to systems. You think console manufacturer's actually know what makes a good game? That is part of the reason why the Saturn had so much difficulty in the West.
    Funny, Nintendo is exactly the opposite in this regard. They certainly know what makes a good game, but not what makes a good console.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  7. #29457
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    What quality control ends up doing is blocking good games from coming to systems. You think console manufacturer's actually know what makes a good game? That is part of the reason why the Saturn had so much difficulty in the West.

    Sony of America did have quality control. They blocked quality (good) fighting games like the Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Last Blade 1&2 amongst other things, on the basis of being 2d. Or in the case of some PSP games like a port of the original Shin Megami Tensei Devil Sumonner, blocking game for not having enough new content, despite having never been released ion the West.
    There's also this. I'm not generally convinced that the console manufacturers understand what an enjoyable gaming experience is. I assume, for some reason or another, that many people in the games industry do not play video games or do not enjoy doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Funny, Nintendo is exactly the opposite in this regard. They certainly know what makes a good game, but not what makes a good console.
    They know how to make a profitable game, anyway.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  8. #29458
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    add me on kik winkface
    Posts
    2,270

    Default

    If Nintendo was willing to be more exclusive as to who develops then you'd have a higher concentration of good quality games. Sure, gimmicks may draw in lousy gimmicky games, but ultimately it's the console maker with the last say so.
    It would be a decent idea for Nintendo to get more franchise titles out sooner for their consoles. Take Pikmin 3, they delayed it again until this fall/winter. They've always sold their first party franchises well.
    oopsie

  9. #29459
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Some Classy Bar
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    At least it isn't as bad as the PS2's quality control.

    That thing had over 2,000 games.
    But the PS2 was always and still is the best selling console without a doubt. There were many games for people including the sucky ones.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

    Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

  10. #29460
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Funny, Nintendo is exactly the opposite in this regard. They certainly know what makes a good game, but not what makes a good console.
    What were the last good Nintendo games anyway?

  11. #29461
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll sing Row, you sing Row
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I kind of like the idea, but from a business perspective the Wii U is terrible. Aside from Nintendo first party games, there's nothing the Wii U has (or will have) that the PS4 and Nextbox will not. It's probably not going to get good third party games because of the lack of power compared to the others, meaning you'd need one of them to truly experience many of those franchises. And unlike the Wii Remote, the Gamepad isn't really as innovative or intuitive, plus Microsoft and Sony have already taken to copying it, eliminating any sort of competitive advantage the Gamepad would've given the Wii U. Literally the only reason to own a Wii U is if you like Nintendo's first party games.
    If they can get some of the more popular titles like the next CoD on there (They already have Watch_Dogs) and they lower the price then I can see it holding its own well against the PS4 and the Nextbox. All people are going to see is that the Wii U has CoD and it's cheaper. Brand loyalty only goes so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    What were the last good Nintendo games anyway?
    I thought Fire Emblem: Awakening was pretty good.

  12. #29462
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    313

    Default

    super smash bros.

    the original
    i also liked mario party


  13. #29463
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    What were the last good Nintendo games anyway?
    Lots of good Nintendo games were made recently, New Super Mario Bros U, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.

  14. #29464
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,889

    Default

    I was under the impression that most of Nintendo's work on FE was licensing the game and ****ing up the distribution?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  15. #29465
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    If they can get some of the more popular titles like the next CoD on there (They already have Watch_Dogs) and they lower the price then I can see it holding its own well against the PS4 and the Nextbox. All people are going to see is that the Wii U has CoD and it's cheaper. Brand loyalty only goes so far.
    They can get away with it for now, but once PS4 and Nextbox come out, third parties are likely to want to move on. So it'll be the same as last gen, PS4 and Nextbox get all of the big titles, and Wii U will mostly either get a scaled down version or miss out on the game completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    What were the last good Nintendo games anyway?
    The most recent one I can think of would be Super Mario 3D Land. If you're counting second parties, some other great ones in recent years would be Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd April 2013 at 4:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  16. #29466
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    I think that when you add in the gimmicky status of their recent systems...

    This isn't just a rant about Nintendo coddling filthy casuals, though. It's just saying that shovelware developers looking to turn a fast buck would probably be more drawn to something that can do more pointless things that sound fun but don't usually add to the gameplay.



    At least it had Sly Cooper, Guilty Gear and Armored Core.
    Somebody who likes armored core. <3
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.


  17. #29467
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Lots of good Nintendo games were made recently, New Super Mario Bros U, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Skyward Sword, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.
    NSMB is totally a rehash. Not really bad but come on. Skyward Sword has terrible controls. SMG2 isn't exactly recent.

    I don't much about Fire Emblem but wasn't it devolved by Intelligent Systems and not Nintendo themselves.

  18. #29468
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    NSMB is totally a rehash. Not really bad but come on. Skyward Sword has terrible controls. SMG2 isn't exactly recent.

    I don't much about Fire Emblem but wasn't it devolved by Intelligent Systems and not Nintendo themselves.
    Guess someone isn't as dexterous as they'd like.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  19. #29469
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll sing Row, you sing Row
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    NSMB is totally a rehash. Not really bad but come on. Skyward Sword has terrible controls. SMG2 isn't exactly recent.

    I don't much about Fire Emblem but wasn't it devolved by Intelligent Systems and not Nintendo themselves.
    IS is a subsidiary of Nintendo, so.

    And NSMB is only supposed to be released once on every platform, which is kind of a neat idea. 2010 isn't that old for a game, either.

  20. #29470
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    And NSMB is only supposed to be released once on every platform, which is kind of a neat idea. 2010 isn't that old for a game, either.
    Still doesn't excuse the rehashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #29471
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    I'll sing Row, you sing Row
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Still doesn't excuse the rehashing.
    All they're trying to do is make Mario accessible to anyone who has a Nintendo console.

    I agree they could be doing a hell of a lot better but considering each one has unique levels and powerups it's really not as bad as it could be.

  22. #29472
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! It's a bacon taco.


  23. #29473
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,727

    Default

    Great. Now you can have a heart attack Mexican style.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  24. #29474
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Celadon City, Den of Vice
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    It's not really a taco if there is no tortilla.* A bacon taco would have the bacon on the inside. I prefer tamales or chile rellenos over tacos anyway.

    *preferably corn tortillas

    Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/


  25. #29475
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    nerds
    life is
    a game

Page 1179 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 179107911291169117511761177117811791180118111821183118912291279 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •