Page 1376 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 376127613261366137213731374137513761377137813791380138614261476 ... LastLast
Results 34,376 to 34,400 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I actually got back $50 for a book of a mine that cost $70. On the other hand, I only got $17 for a $55 book.

I think is mostly has to do with what classes are in demand. Classes with online textbooks sometimes don't have enough hardback books for students. You tend to get back more in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    So you won't be getting back the $10 they'd give you back for a $200 book. Sucks, man.
    Yeah.

****ing. Amazing. Racket. It's kinda ****ed up that you get charged $250 for a book you BARELY USE except for some stupid code for an online pseudo-class, where all the work is, then you can't sell it back, even though it would cost them like $0.000001 to add a new code, or just let you get another code (which also should be cheap). I mean, goddamn, tuition is bad enough.

I have to pay more to take my history exam. Granted, it's not much, but still. It's REALLY shitty.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post

I have to pay more to take my history exam. Granted, it's not much, but still. It's REALLY shitty.
    I feel your pain. It's gonna cost me at lest $200 to take my NCLEX and that's not counting the $175 fee for my Florida license application (compared to the $50 the application would cost me if I was going to stay in Illinois and get my Missouri license hahahahhaha... /quiet sobbing). Or the $50 it's going to cost me to take my exit exam.

But all those people struggling out there should just go to college, right? Just get a degree and you're right as rain. It doesn't cost that much, right? Student loans? You have to pay those back? Are you sure?

it's not a surprise that education is just a business.

and the reason it works is because for most people college is a reasonable investment

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Yeah, but you guys are the saner of the two. Russia would have us fighting on top of bears, wearing nothing but pants and wield 10 foot Scimitars for war.
    I don't see any problem with that.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    it's a surprise that public post-secondary education is 1) behaving like one 2) ignoring its impetus toward actually keeping costs down like one
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

SPPF Confession #371:

I'm a straight male, 18 years old, and I love Taylor Swift's music. I've bought all her CD's. I know the lyrics to practically every song. I even have the Deluxe Editions for Speak Now and Red.
    aint jnoithigb wrong with that

red (the song at least0 legit fucind owns
    life is
    a game

I can't ever sell any of my books back, so I end up buying digital versions. I usually pay 20 bucks tops for them. (barring a few greedy outliers). It definitely makes up for not being able to sell them, and cuts on the clutter.

And my community college courses don't even require any books. Web design so everything is on the computer. I don't even have to get the software, since tjeu have a mac lab I can use whenever I want. Plus tuition at 1/3 the rate of the nearby public university. Have I mentioned I like community college a lot better?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    For most of them it's a non-profit buisiness. Which is sometimes funded by the state. They aren't large multinational corporations who have to impress shareholders with growth in profits every year. I don't see why some of them have to act like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    it's a surprise that public post-secondary education is 1) behaving like one 2) ignoring its impetus toward actually keeping costs down like one
    Number 2 is definitely a problem. College would probably be at least a bit cheaper, if people stopped trying to make it be a babysitting service for middle class and higher kids.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    aint jnoithigb wrong with that

red (the song at least0 legit fucind owns
    You're drunk moot, go home.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

i love it when my mods follow my example

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    *You're drunk moot, stay here.

All of my drunk posts are legible. I'm nowhere near embarrassing. Sigh

Star-Lord

STAY HERE MOOT.

I should go get drunk too.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    and 3) that anyone considers that morally acceptable
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I've never lost on the battlefield. I'll zap you just like I did my enemies in war!

Quote Originally Posted by ernesth100 from another forum I go to
    White noise? Is that a racial remark?
    This is the new "since when is rape...a culture? do you possibly mean rap culture?".

God, I just...

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I laughed harder than I should have at this.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    i love it when my mods follow my example
    i learned from the best
    life is
    a game

Nice to know my favorite forum is run by a bunch of degenerate alcoholics. Its the only way I want things run. <3
    BLAH

hey just because we are alcoholics does not mean we are degenerates. We are fully functioning alcoholics.

Star-Lord

Oh please, I'm a frequent drinker, we all go downhill eventually. Its just how stylish you do it that matters.
    BLAH

I caught a Mawile and it looks like this why?

i am ****ing crying kirby why did i ever show you this

Star-Lord

I must have used the wrong kind of pokeball :'(

It's just different and you need to accept that

Page 1376 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 376127613261366137213731374137513761377137813791380138614261476 ... LastLast