Page 491 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3914414814874884894904914924934944955015415911491 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

i got my nick changed before it was allowed

,,|,,
    life is
    a game

-loads gun-

-clutches Pokeball-

careful out here, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jenny123 View Post
    Whoa nellie! Jenny watches 30 Rock?

This place doesn't get much activity, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadu-Hem View Post
    This place doesn't get much activity, does it?
    Yet this thread has over 12,000 post in only 7 months.

That's like, 57 posts a day on average or something like that, hell I can't do math.

^^Meanie.

:<

^I checked, yes that's about right.
    Last edited by Sadu-Hem; 16th April 2012 at 5:43 PM.

I think Monday midday-ish US time + Aussie night time isn't a favourable time for a chat thread.

*Glances at own right-side user info*

Wait, how have I been here for four years? I mean, I know some of you could boast eight years' membership, but I swear it feels like I've been here less than two.

Most of my friends in the Pokemon thread I used to frequent were Australian and could only come on at nighttime, so I adjusted to that.

Woah, that's commitment. I keep regular contact with US folks, but then I naturally like getting up at 12pm and sleeping at 4am. Thank the stars for the university lifestyle.

It's only like 9AM for me when it's like night for them, so it's no biggie.

Plus I have no life (and free internet at school)

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Yet this thread has over 12,000 post in only 7 months.

That's like, 57 posts a day on average or something like that, hell I can't do math.
    Yeah, but I think most of that is probably concentrated in a few areas when things happened. Or maybe we're ignoring Pottermore stuff.

My brain hurts from just a 2 hour Arabic lesson. I can't imagine going back to school...

I just recently started taking an Arabic class, but all the transliterations are in Hebrew. Actually, all the translations are in Hebrew as well. Since I'm not yet fluent it makes the class even more difficult. On the other hand, since the languages are similar, it is helping me improve my Hebrew, too.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Arabic, that's interesting. Do you live in the middle east or have any plans to travel there or any family that speaks Arabic?

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    Yeah, but I think most of that is probably concentrated in a few areas when things happened. Or maybe we're ignoring Pottermore stuff.
    Probably. It's kind of hard to believe that Misc has been drama free for pretty but the whole of 2012. Way more quite than the last half of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadu-Hem View Post
    Plus I have no life (and free internet at school)
    You say it like it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rusaemfrlg View Post
    Arabic, that's interesting. Do you live in the middle east or have any plans to travel there or any family that speaks Arabic?
    I'm living in Israel now, and within the next year I'm going to come back to join the IDF and enroll in university. I could get by just fine knowing minimal Hebrew, since English is a fairly common language here (especially in Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv), although I believe that if I'm going to be living here I should know the language. My desire to learn Arabic is almost entirely for diplomatic reasons. I understand the PR of the IDF isn't too great, and one step I can take towards not being part of the bad rep is to try my best at understanding the Palestinian side. Hence my desire to learn Arabic.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    I'm living in Israel now, and within the next year I'm going to come back to join the IDF and enroll in university. I could get by just fine knowing minimal Hebrew, since English is a fairly common language here (especially in Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv), although I believe that if I'm going to be living here I should know the language. My desire to learn Arabic is almost entirely for diplomatic reasons. I understand the PR of the IDF isn't too great, and one step I can take towards not being part of the bad rep is to try my best at understanding the Palestinian side. Hence my desire to learn Arabic.
    Sounds to me like you'll be setting a fine example. I wonder whether there would be a more harmonious international scene, if more people were willing to emphasise communication over their own parochial concerns.

I just got a filling. I'm still numb god dammit

Oh well, my first one in 16 years, I think that's a commendable achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    Oh well, my first one in 16 years, I think that's a commendable achievement.
    And now I feel awkward because that's longer than I've been alive.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

So.. I meet Nathan Lane today. That was pretty neat.
    Last edited by Spookz; 17th April 2012 at 5:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Record it, then play it back really loud next time they do it.

There are probably consequences to such an action, but I am not the one doing it so its not my concern.
    This settles it. I'm going to totally drop everything else in my life so that I can become some sort of counselor/adviser person, whether it be personal or business or whatever, and have that quote framed and hung in my office. I may or may not offer people outlandish and impractical advice; I haven't decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    And now I feel awkward because that's longer than I've been alive.
    Pretty sure he meant that post in the context that he was actually sixteen, not that he'd had one sixteen years ago and was just getting one again now.

However, it may be of great interest for you to know that I haven't shit myself in nearly twenty years. Go ahead and feel free to stick that in your awkward pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    So.. I meet Nathan Lane today. That was pretty neat.
    See, the thing I love about the internet is that I could pretend to know who that is, if I were so inclined.

Seriously, though, that sounds like a pretty monumental meeting to someone going into theater. Unless it's all part of being in the community or something like that.

There are probably consequences to such an action, but I am not the one doing it so it's not my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    See, the thing I love about the internet is that I could pretend to know who that is, if I were so inclined.

Seriously, though, that sounds like a pretty monumental meeting to someone going into theater. Unless it's all part of being in the community or something like that.
    Well, I don't expect everyone to know his theatre credits, but he's also done a lot of film. I'd guess he's probably best known for voicing Timon in The Lion King.

I usually don't get star-struck, because I'm rather used to being around prominent actors and designers but.. He's kind of on his own level.

Quote Originally Posted by derkins View Post
    There are probably consequences to such an action, but I am not the one doing it so it's not my concern.
    But you're the one typing in size 5 Comic Sans, not me. Which is worthy of an infraction, I might add.

But oh, God, I just quoted it, so that makes me an accomplice! You clever bastard, you. Is this all part of your mad scheme to get onto my office mantel?

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Well, I don't expect everyone to know his theatre credits, but he's also done a lot of film. I'd guess he's probably best known for voicing Timon in The Lion King.

I usually don't get star-struck, because I'm rather used to being around prominent actors and designers but.. He's kind of on his own level.
    Yeah, having learned myself by perusing his Wikipedia page, he sounds like kind of a big deal. So much so, in fact, that it seems odd and unjust that voicing the lemur-thing would be what he's most known for.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 17th April 2012 at 5:49 AM.

Indeed it is.

Is it working?

Page 491 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 3914414814874884894904914924934944955015415911491 ... LastLast