Page 929 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8298799199259269279289299309319329339399791029 ... LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,225 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

A good piercer does not move slowly. And pain threshold is different for everyone. None of my piercings have ever hurt.
    that's true.

I've wanted to get a lip ring because it would look cool but I've heard stories about how they hurt and get in the way...

Tongue rings are pretty much better from what I've heard.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post

Also nostril piercings hurt waaaaaay less than a shot. No clue why.
    My best friend has her nostril done and she said she cried afterward. She has really low pain tolerance, though. The next few I have planned are supposedly some of the most painful, but we'll see how that goes. Even if it hurts, I don't think it's that bad. It's a split second and then it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    that's true.

I've wanted to get a lip ring because it would look cool but I've heard stories about how they hurt and get in the way...

Tongue rings are pretty much better from what I've heard.
    It really depends on a lot of things when it comes to oral piercings. Placement is a huge thing, especially with tongue piercings. If it's placed wrong or the bar is too long, it can hit your teeth when you're speaking or eating, which isn't good. With lip piercings, jewelry is a big thing. Flat-backed labrets are better than rings since they're less likely to hit your teeth. But you also have to consider length because if the post is too long, it can cause gum recession. Just another reason to go to a professional who can assess your anatomy and knows what jewelry will work best. ;P

I actually think a simple earring or a single facial piercing looks really good on guys but I'm always too ashamed to admit to that.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1gMNqN20A6A

This is my public apology to Rezzo

I am sorry

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post

I am sorry
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0exClw8tpvZ

I actually think a simple earring or a single facial piercing looks really good on guys but I'm always too ashamed to admit to that.
    I don't think that's shameful. Certain people can really pull them off. I'm kind of the same way, especially when it comes to multiple tattoos. I actually kind of really love full sleeves. I don't know why, I just think they look awesome (if the art is good, of course).

Today I used shell smash and started bonding with people on my uni course.

I feel great.

I am sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    WHAT!

You can speak then that means you are human and not some faceless person, whoa heavy

In other news;
    Look at this go wheeee!

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    I don't think that's shameful. Certain people can really pull them off. I'm kind of the same way, especially when it comes to multiple tattoos. I actually kind of really love full sleeves. I don't know why, I just think they look awesome (if the art is good, of course).
    THEY ARE SO PRETTY. I love a well-done sleeve. Makes me wish I weren't a wuss.

THEY ARE SO PRETTY. I love a well-done sleeve. Makes me wish I weren't a wuss.
    If I could come up with a great design and if tattoos weren't still seen as so taboo, I would totally do it. It would just be really annoying to cover it up for work.

That said, I don't know how malls near you guys are, but my local mall uses "one time use" guns. Of course you can get those at the Dollar Store but w/e. Personal preference I guess.
    I dunno if places around here use these "one time use" guns. It sounds like a massive waste-- throwing out one needle vs. an entire gun-- just makes me like the idea of needles even more. I know most people don't care about waste and recycling but I try to be conscious of that sort of thing.

On the topic of modification on other people. Hell yes. It's easily a weakness of mine. I love sleeves and chest pieces, and well placed piercings are a big plus.
    Last edited by Spookz; 20th November 2012 at 9:49 PM.

I am sorry
    i love your guys' voices omg

If I could come up with a great design and if tattoos weren't still seen as so taboo, I would totally do it. It would just be really annoying to cover it up for work.
    That's the nice thing about a niche field; if you have the skills, no one cares what you look like. I'm planning on getting a little tattoo over break, if I don't chicken out.

Theatre people don't care if you have piercings and tattoos, unless you're on stage but that's not relevant to me. I've noticed a lot more acceptance of tattoos in the more traditional workplaces though. Granted, I live in Chicago, so I'm sure people in more rural areas aren't feeling that as much.

That's the nice thing about a niche field; if you have the skills, no one cares what you look like. I'm planning on getting a little tattoo over break, if I don't chicken out.
    Unfortunately, the healthcare field is still against visible body mods. I think the hospital I work at is planning on getting a bit more lax on that, though. The artist who did my tattoo told me he's actually a nurse, which kind of surprised me considering he was so covered in tattoos. He quit to tattoo full-time in the summer and was just being lazy about getting a full-time job in the healthcare field again. I just got my first tattoo last month and it honestly didn't hurt much. I thought the sensation was more annoying than painful.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 20th November 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Unfortunately, the healthcare field is still against visual body mods. I think the hospital I work at is planning on getting a bit more lax on that, though. The artist who did my tattoo told me he's actually a nurse, which kind of surprised me considering he was so covered in tattoos. He quit to tattoo full-time in the summer and was just being lazy about getting a full-time job in the healthcare field again. I just got my first tattoo last month and it honestly didn't hurt much. I thought the sensation was more annoying than painful.
    Where/what did you get?

I am sorry
    HEY, you just like, totally stole my voice. isn't it bad enough that our profiles look almost identical?
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Where/what did you get?
    This is a really unflattering angle. (It's also a bit blurry and from a crappy phone camera.)

That's from the day I got it done so it looks really red. Except the outline on "Love" that's really red. That's supposed to be. It's on the upper part of my right shoulder, hence the awkward angle.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 20th November 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Definitely going to a professional for my piercing then.

Lip piercings were always something I wanted (well just one) - I even had a fake one for a while lmao - but I can imagine it getting a little annoying but I think you'd get used to it. I don't think it would touch your teeth very much.

I. Love. Sleeves. They are so hot.

edit: I like that tat, Persian. I swear I've seen it before.. maybe somebody I know posted one similar or something just like that not too long ago? Maybe I saw it on the internet. Who knows.

Today is Transgender Day of Rememberance.

Just thought I should put that out there. (think of it as a pseudo-PSA)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    i love your guys' voices omg
    Everyone does.

Man I would tattoo, but I'm English and English people don't tattoo. (Goes to watch a Wade Barrett match.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post

pretty cool of you to interject the boring stuff that normally gets posted in this thread with that. no sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    edit: I like that tat, Persian. I swear I've seen it before.. maybe somebody I know posted one similar or something just like that not too long ago? Maybe I saw it on the internet. Who knows.
    I hope not. It's a simple design, but I put it together myself. And the vast majority of Angels & Airwaves tattoos out there involve their logos in some way. There is this one on Google that has the same lyrics, but the design is totally different.

It's a pretty tattoo. The font in combination with the butterfly is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post

OK then I will response with this smilies

Everyone does.
    That's a lie since I don't like your voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Man I would tattoo, but I'm English and English people don't tattoo. (Goes to watch a Wade Barrett match.)
    Um English people do have tattoo you know.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Page 929 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 8298799199259269279289299309319329339399791029 ... LastLast