Page 1032 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 329329821022102810291030103110321033103410351036104210821132 ... LastLast
Results 25,776 to 25,800 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Possibly it's just people buying them all up without demand actually going down.

In short, "****in' collectors..."
    That's probably it. I've also come to understand that lots of people are obsessed with everything developed by Atlus, plus they don't print very many (apparently they already reprinted this game about a year ago -- here's hoping they do it again for some reason). That's a combination that doesn't bode well for people waiting for the price to go down, such as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    Oh, right. Do we mean worst as in statistically? My bad. Yeah, Venusaur excepted, they're pretty poor.
    I was just talking aesthetically. And maybe I was exaggerating, because Chikorita is the only one that's flat-out the worst, but Bulbasaur and Treecko are the only ones that aren't mediocre. It's hard to take the entire evolutionary lines into account, though, since most of them switch around as you go up.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Not to mention they have the same amount of weaknesses as both fire and water starters combined. I mean, is there any good reason for them to be weak against poison types anyway?
    A product of Gen I balancing? As if half of what happened back then made any sense. I mean I guess the idea is weed-killer or something, maybe, but tons of the poison-types are plant based, so it seems like it'd make more sense for them to resist it.

Poison just got screwed overall offensively. I'd make it super effective on Water types. Maybe even Flying or Ground types too, I dunno. Definitely Water though.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I may be in the minority, but I love Torterra. I ran a jolly one with full speed EVs for awhile. Earthquake is just brutal. Amazing. So much love for that pokemon.
    I always pick grass and so was really disappointed with last gen. Serperior is just such an awful pokemon. But this game? Fennekin. No question. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    October cannot possibly come soon enough. I am more excited about this Pokemon game than I am about, well, anything else.
    How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I love Torterra. I ran a jolly one with full speed EVs for awhile. Earthquake is just brutal. Amazing. So much love for that pokemon.
    I always pick grass and so was really disappointed with last gen. Serperior is just such an awful pokemon. But this game? Fennekin. No question. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    October cannot possibly come soon enough. I am more excited about this Pokemon game than I am about, well, anything else.
    Torterra will always be in my top 5 favorite Pokemon. It's just so fantastic.'

As for me, Froakie all the way. Chespin is a close second, but damn I love frogs so freaking much.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    chespin.

and r u hating on the turtwig line!?
    Sorry. I'm not a big Gen IV fan in general. Turtwig is ok, but I don't like either Grotle or Torterra (nice type combo though)

That would make Serperior even worse, because it has the lowest stats among the other Grass-type starters' final evos, last I checked.
    Not to mention it loses its legs. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I was just talking aesthetically. And maybe I was exaggerating, because Chikorita is the only one that's flat-out the worst, but Bulbasaur and Treecko are the only ones that aren't mediocre. It's hard to take the entire evolutionary lines into account, though, since most of them switch around as you go up
    I love Chikorita and both its evos

Quote Originally Posted by kochoupink View Post
    But this game? Fennekin. No question. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
    True dat.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 10th January 2013 at 9:23 PM.

Gen IV suffered from too many new (and sometimes pointless) evolutions. Magmortar should have been put down at birth.

On the subject of starters I generally pick the Water one, with the exception of RS (and GS I guess, but I quickly traded a Totodile onto my team after picking Cyndaquil so). Sceptile is the ultimate starter. Amazing Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    As for me, Froakie all the way. Chespin is a close second, but damn I love frogs so freaking much.
    Agreed re: Froakie. He looks like someone who knows how to have a good time.
    AS:

Mudkip/Swampert aren't bad or anything, but they really cannot hold a candle to Sceptile and/or Blaziken. The sooner you accept this simple and elementary truth, the better.
    I'll NEVER accept the truth! NEVER!!

Serperior's brilliant. Coil, Leech Seed and Leaf Blade work wonders in-game. It certainly could do with a wider movepool, but it's not unusable.

Fennekin's the way to go. This is the first time I prefer the Fire starter over the other two.

I usually pick the water starters except in gen. 5 (and I guess gen. 4 since I haven't played any of those yet) since I picked Snivy because I actually kind of like Serperior's design. I thought it was better than the other two options. If I get one of the gen. 6 games (and that's a big if because I don't have a 3DS), I'd probably go with Fennekin assuming the final evolution isn't hideous. The other two are actually pretty cute too, but I've never used a fire starter before.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I'll NEVER accept the truth! NEVER!!
    You kinda just did by acknowledging that it's the truth.
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    You kinda just did by acknowledging that it's the truth.

.......Well...who asked you anyway??? *pouts*

Y'know how sometimes some things better left unsaid, not only because it's not a great idea to say them, but also because there's no reason to say them at all? I'm thinking now might be one of those times. Mayyyyyybe.

In other resounding news that will undoubtedly affect each and every person who reads this, I never realized before that video games released not even 2 years ago could be so impossible to find for a semi-reasonable price, but evidently that's exactly the case with Radiant Historia. It's made me pretty paranoid about other games that I've had my eye on for a bit, so I finally gave in and bought The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles so that I won't get gouged for them down the line, but does anybody know if there's anything in particular about Radiant Historia that justifies a $50-70 price tag for a handheld game? From what I've heard, it's good, but not outstanding, and I'm pretty sure it was going for the normal ~$30 a month ago. Just the damnedest thing.
    Radiant Historia was climbing up to high prices a year ago when most of the stock was sold. They reprinted it around this summer and it was back to retail price. Then the reprint stock was mostly sold and prices climbed back up again. If you want a copy for a reaosnable price, you may want to scour as many gamestops as possible until you find a copy since they usually don't sell at collector's prices. I actually got Kirby Squeak Squad and Mario and Luigi Partners in time yesterday at gamestop for a reasonable price and less than they go for online.

There really isn't that much special about Radiant Historia. It is just considered one of the best JRPG's for the system and likely had a small print run. Climbing prices seems to be an issue with a lot of DS games right now honestly. (I think, Amazon isn't always the best indicator as secondary sellers on the site are much worse with price gouging than other sources)

The whole secondary market for video games can get pretty insane sometimes. It makes shopping for games way more involving than it needs to be.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Up until now, I have always picked the grass starter. I loved all of them, from Bulbasaur to Snivy. But chespin looks weird to me, Unless it's final evo is something that actually might be worth using, I'll go with that. but until the Final Evo's are picked, I'm sticking with fennekin. Froakie looks like a frog, and we have more than enough Amphibian Pokemon.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I'm choosing none. Not until I finish B2.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    How far along are you?
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I'm choosing Fennekin. It's been long since Platinum I chose a Fire Starter. It'll be unique to use a supposedly typed Fire/Psychic type.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I wonder if Nintendo keeps stats on the starters that show how people many pick certain ones more than others like Cyndaquil or Totodile over Chikorita. Would paint an interesting picture of which type is most popular and in what region of the world.

I always picked the Fire Starters except in the 3rd gen because of Treeko and Sceptile. I haven't played 5th gen but 3/5 Fire starters isn't bad lol. I'll go with fire if I buy 6th gen.

I chose Grass mainly. IDK. Bulbasaur is my first Pokemon ever.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

How far along are you?
    I got to the place where you find those grass deer Pokemon thing. The route after you beat the ground gym leader.

I don't really remember any names or locations, but I'm somewhere there.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I got to the place where you find those grass deer Pokemon thing. The route after you beat the ground gym leader.

I don't really remember any names or locations, but I'm somewhere there.
    To be honest, that's probably about where I started seriously getting into a slump with that game. Clay was painfully easy, and I just started to feel a bit of drag there. It's also right next to the first mandatory cave of the game so **** that place anyway (Well, okay, I guess the sewer counts as a cave maybe)

The usual links

i need to play thru BW 1 and 2 before playing these.

Even heart gold and post Diamond.=X

#ravehasnolife

Gotta replay a hoenn game to cry about no new R/S/E remakes. I'm kidding, but I m till going to replay Emerald.

Thank you based Turpoo

I need to replay a bit of Ruby and a bit of SoulSilver so I can transfer some stuff from Colosseum up to B2. I have a shiny Tyranitar to move over.

The usual links

Good point. I should probably buy BW2 before I start getting excited for XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post

#ravehasnolife
    Hm.. haven't finished HG or even bought DPP either. I think I'm getting ahead of myself too.

mother**** my ears just popped and it hurt like a *****
    at least I can hear again. sort of.
    AGH I popped my other one and that hurt even more but now both my ears are more normal than than they've been in the past few days.
    Last edited by dinosaurus; 11th January 2013 at 3:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post

#ravehasnolife
    Play Black ASAP~

Page 1032 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 329329821022102810291030103110321033103410351036104210821132 ... LastLast