Page 1253 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 253115312031243124912501251125212531254125512561257126313031353 ... LastLast
Results 31,301 to 31,325 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    oh god colloquial language doesn't exist in society the horror of using a phrase that everyone understands but are acting too ****ing butthurt over because they want to look smart.
    Because not knowing what words mean should be valued.

Stupidity.

Ok have fun with your pseudo-intellectual self.

Linguistics revolves around using language in context, not necessarily just using specific meanings. It's not about being able to use a precise definition of a word or not, but rather being able to use something that communicates your idea to another person. Get over yourself. I'm not "valuing someone for not understanding a word", I'm using common sense.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    How is that ironic? It is a funny coincidence, that's all (if you want to call it funny).

woot21 out dawgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Do you know what irony is?
    Fair enough. I did think about it as I was typing it really, but thought I'd let it slide because I couldn't really be bothered to change it.

There is also a degree of irony in the fact that one of the things which helps/helped to keep Del Rey clear of alcohol was driving him to potentially drink.

You (Mr. Dragon) might also want to work on your own content a little though. Had a check and saw several errors. Tut tut.
    Last edited by Snorunt conservationist; 28th August 2013 at 7:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Ok have fun with your pseudo-intellectual self.

Linguistics revolves around using language in context, not necessarily just using specific meanings. It's not about being able to use a precise definition of a word or not, but rather being able to use something that communicates your idea to another person. Get over yourself. I'm not "valuing someone for not understanding a word", I'm using common sense.
    Why use ironically when coincidentally would communicate the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    You (Mr. Dragon) might also want to work on your own content a little though. Had a check and saw several errors. Tut tut.
    True. I do care, but I'm also generally lazy.

Why use ironically when coincidentally would communicate the same thing?
    Why be such a pedantic wet weekend

u adutls carnt controll are grammer this iz internet not skool !'n !! !!

In other news I went to Ikea and it was great I love Ikea
    Running for the thrill of it

Why use ironically when coincidentally would communicate the same thing?.
    You are totally missing the point if you think I'm advocating to use ironic over coincidence. Like, I understand that it's a huge pet peeve for some people but I was more or less poking at how unnecessarily critical and snotty you were being about the use of a word, when it was pretty easy to infer the meaning in context. At least woot21 was nice about it. You just sounded like an ******* tbh.

edit: I support shower sex you get it anon

Star-Lord

Been playing Pokémon Yellow lately, I always did love Pikachu following me.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Why won't people PM me confessions when I want them the most. >:(

I guess I should get back to doing my psych hw.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

It really frustrates me when people use mental disorders (like OCD or anxiety or whatever) as an excuse to be so blatantly rude to others.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros send me a PM or VM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    It really frustrates me when people use mental disorders (like OCD or anxiety or whatever) as an excuse to be so blatantly rude to others.
    He's freaking ridiculous and over-the-top. Are you really surprised? I'm not.

Still doesn't make it any less frustrating though. I hate it when people try and use mental illness as an excuse for things. There are many, many people with mental illness who work very hard and I think when people use it as a crutch constantly it supports stigma and gives a bad name.

Star-Lord

I'm just getting very, very sick of this. Not getting your way is not being abused, and mental illness is not an excuse to harass people. This needs to stop.

Edit: lmao Apparently I'm going to Internet Court for being an evil scumbag.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 29th August 2013 at 2:45 AM.

autism is the fan favourite around here

fact: i used to work with people who had autism and they are nothing like the people on here who use it as a shield for bad behaviour
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

I suspect I have a personality disorder. (like borderline and the like.)

But instead of trying to have it define me or use it as an excuse for bad behaviour, I use it to reflect on how my perspective of those around me may be skewed. Then I try to adjust my behavior in a way that helps me better get along with the people around me.

I am far from a mental health expert, but it seems like something these rude people should try. (I am not trying to dismiss anyone's mental illnesses here however, don't take it as me saying there is some easy fix here)
    Last edited by Zazie; 29th August 2013 at 3:46 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

i don't know whats going on but I once punched a friend so hard that he flew across the room and landed in the refrigerator. When he was in there he grabbed me a soda. Then we played snes and drank sodas. They were orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    i don't know whats going on but I once punched a friend so hard that he flew across the room and landed in the refrigerator. When he was in there he grabbed me a soda. Then we played snes and drank sodas. They were orange.
    Are you Goku?

Same for me. I know I have mild social anxiety, but it doesn't make me be an *******, it just makes me be awkward and quite in social situations.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    autism is the fan favourite around here
    That's true of the whole Internet, though.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Oh, but

normally when I punch someone hard they turn blue
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

This just in. Sppf user JDavidC to sue users because he was Wrong on the Internet. More news at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavidC
    I am sick of people of being so ignorant of disabilities that they assume people like me maliciously use their disabilities as an excuse to do whatever the smeg they want. Most/all of my warnings are basically warning a moderator that inappropriate conduct will mean I will go to their superior, nothing wrong with that. I cannot help it if staff are so ignorant that they assume they're right and I'm wrong. I cannot help it if Pesky Persian deliberately chooses to be insensitive and post things that she knows will upset me when she knows better. This will not look good for her if I press charges against her.

Now, this has to stop. Pesky Persian will have charges pressed against her as well if she continues to antagonise me, as she now knows how serious this is.

Joe, I have to amend the out-of-court settlement one more time, here are the terms:
    -Punish Ellie by stripping her of her Administrator status, and ejecting her from the staff entirely.
    -Punish Pesky Persian for malicious trolling (I'd say at LEAST 120 points are in order here). I'm giving you a time limit of 1 day, you have until midnight on the 30th August when it becomes 31st August to deal with her, UK time.
    -A professional, formal apology from Joe Merrick and Ellie.
    -An apology from Pesky Persian (it does not need to be formal, but it still needs to be good).
    -Deletion of ALL of Pesky Persian's unlawful comments (if she does not do so herself), and deletion of her signature.

Failure to meet these terms will result in prosecution against serebii.net and Ellie. Any further attempts at antagonisation by Pesky Persian, or any of your staff, will result in prosecution against her, serebii.net, and Ellie. Any more slipups, any more moderators mistreating me, and I'll see you in court.

Pesky Persian, you have no idea who you're messing with, I'm deadly serious about this. I'm not going to be polite this time. STOP what you are doing, or I'll see you in court.

Pesky Persian, you have no idea who you're messing with, I'm deadly serious about this.

Spoiler:- h:
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

lol, well, okay

I'm done with this forum

Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    Pesky Persian, you have no idea who you're messing with, I'm deadly serious about this.

Spoiler:- h:
    You have one day to apologize or I'll see you in court, John Madden. Do I make myself clear?

I'll see you in court.

We'll all see each other in court. But it's also a potluck so bring something good. Not any of that potato salad crap.

I have included a copy of my formal apology letter here.
    Last edited by Pesky Persian; 29th August 2013 at 7:55 PM.

Page 1253 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 253115312031243124912501251125212531254125512561257126313031353 ... LastLast