Page 1277 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 277117712271267127312741275127612771278127912801281128713271377 ... LastLast
Results 31,901 to 31,925 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    are you guys really taking a cough this seriously? You're naming worse case scenarios and blowing them out the water. calm a little.
    or maybe we recognize that ****'s gross and I'm not socially inept enough to actually do it.

Star-Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    or maybe we recognize that ****'s gross and I'm not socially inept enough to actually do it.
    You're not him. How do you know how he and his friends role? He just mentioned that they literally eat from each others hands.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

if my friends coughed their contagious disease ridden breath all over me i wouldn't be friends with them much longer
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    if my friends coughed their contagious disease ridden breath all over me i wouldn't be friends with them much longer
    they wouldnt be alive

Believe me when I tell you, I could do a lot worse before they stopped wanting to hang out with me.

I was already on antibiotics anyway, I didn't do it with the intention of giving them whooping cough.

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    You're not him. How do you know how he and his friends role? He just mentioned that they literally eat from each others hands.
    i throw up on my male friends all the time it is an effective form of male bonding

-This game is awesome and so can you-

Quote Originally Posted by TRUE DOOM MURDERHEAD View Post
    i throw up on my male friends all the time it is an effective form of male bonding
    Good for you.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

oh i totally do the same

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    oh i totally do the same
    i am laughing irl
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i am laughing irl
    i just
    realized

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikakirby View Post
    I'm autistic too. Unfortunately, with it, it makes it nearly impossible to talk to someone I don't know in real life unless they talk to me first.
    Not an excuse
    go out and socialize
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Not an excuse
    go out and socialize
    that's not how it works dude
    life is
    a game

The way I bond with my friends is that we shave each others beards while exposing our oiled up glittered torsos wearing mothing but daisy dukes while we listen to Cher dubstep.

Not an excuse
    go out and socialize
    I'm an aspie and I can attest to this not being that hard.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    The way I bond with my friends is that we shave each others beards while exposing our oiled up glittered torsos wearing mothing but daisy dukes while we listen to Cher dubstep.
    They sound like they'd be into coughing on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I'm an aspie and I can attest to this not being that hard.
    I have paranoia and I can attest while it's not impossible, it can be more difficult for some people than others. I can talk to people and socialize just fine, but it involves a bit of extra effort, and sometimes my willpower just fails. I am sure Pikakirby has her own reaons for having difficulty engaging in conversation as well. I am not saying one should just never try and be more social, it's generally a good goal for most people. But just going up and talking to people isn't easy for everyone. (I know tons of people that have a tough time doing it)

Also Moogles signature is pretty kickass.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    They sound like they'd be into coughing on each other.
    No..... we have a fight club though.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBEwYf...%3D5qBEwYffXjg

I think that's the guy who got pissed off at the Brony confession thing
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQI5fdVCvlU

Ever since the Grand Final I've been listening to this.

"When you spend your life time trying to get your hands on the Holy Grail"

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

haha. oh bronies.
    life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    Last time I checked a sensible person doesn't cough on other people when he's sick (or at all for that matter) when they hate someone so
    Especially when the cough is of a whooping variety.

Un0va, IAin'tObeezy, whooping cough (also known as pertussis) is an extremely contagious and dangerous disease. Incidentally, we have vaccines for it, but because of the ridiculous and tragically-because-demonstrably wrong anti-vaxxer movement, there has been an awful rise in number of cases in the last couple of years. With more people than usual susceptible to this disease, it's even more dangerous to recklessly spread it around than if it were just the common cold. That's why it was a condemnable mistake. I sure hope no harm comes of it, and, Un0va, that you recover quickly.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

Un0va, IAin'tObeezy, whooping cough (also known as pertussis) is an extremely contagious and dangerous disease. Incidentally, we have vaccines for it, but because of the ridiculous and tragically-because-demonstrably wrong anti-vaxxer movement, there has been an awful rise in number of cases in the last couple of years. With more people than usual susceptible to this disease, it's even more dangerous to recklessly spread it around than if it were just the common cold. That's why it was a condemnable mistake. I sure hope no harm comes of it, and, Un0va, that you recover quickly.
    I find the truly bizarre part about anti-vaccination is not their platform, but the fact that they used Jenny McCarthy (I think that's her name?) as their spokesperson for at least some time. Now, I know it's fully possible that someone with such a career could be fully qualified to speak on matters of medicine, but is that really who you would think of to advise you on this? It's not for me. It just makes me think they understand how BS what they spout is and are looking to win folks over by other methods.

Maybe they're assuming it's the father's decision and playing into that thing about only being able to run one head at a time. Or maybe I'm a cynical mother****er -- in this case, I'm using the "logical or" because I know I'm a cynical mother****er.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

I didn't realize it was that strong. I'm sorry, that was pretty stupid of me, even as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Persian View Post
    Probably Hep B. There's one for Hep A and Hep B but there's no vaccine currently for Hep C.

Me too. The reasons are always ridiculous. I can't believe people still believe the "vaccines cause autism" garbage.
    My mother is a pediatrician and people have the ****ing audacity to go up to her and explain to her why their child shouldn't get the flu vaccine because it can cause "autism".
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
    I take offense to that, I hope those people are happy with being *****es. I myself am autistic.
    As an autistic myself, I also take offense to the ****wits who say that. How that person actually managed to get it published is beyond me. He practically violated every single experimental condition to get his results.

On a possibly related note, I thoroughly respect Maurice Hilleman. He was the man that had a hand in inventing over 36 vaccines, 8 of which (measles, mumps, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, chickenpox, meningitis, pneumonia and Haemophilus influenzae) are still routinely prescribed today (though the specific hepatitis B vaccine that he formulated was replaced by a different manufacturing process). It is because of him that I study bioengineering, in the hope that I too can make a difference to the world as he did.

My respect for humanity took a straight dive when I realised that the ****wit who ruined vaccinations with an unfounded allegation was more popular than the person who saved countless lives by actually doing something about it.

So not only do I have whooping cough, but I have been going to school this entire week, and received numerous comments on how I sound like I'm going to die. Also, I deliberately coughed on several of my friends who were mocking me.

I think I may have just made a mistake.
    One question: how did you even get whooping cough? Isn't that part of the DPT (diphtheria, pertussis/whooping cough, tetanus) vaccine?

Speaking of which, I just read a journal article about whooping cough in my country (~6 million people) that reports only 1-2 cases a year. The issue was that in 2007 the number suddenly spiked to 33, which is about 1650% the normal annual rate. And that's bad. I imagine if people try to do that kind of anti-vaccine stuff in my country, they would be deemed as terrorists. But maybe that's why 'Muricans (do not confuse with Americans) think my country is oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I find the truly bizarre part about anti-vaccination is not their platform, but the fact that they used Jenny McCarthy (I think that's her name?) as their spokesperson for at least some time. Now, I know it's fully possible that someone with such a career could be fully qualified to speak on matters of medicine, but is that really who you would think of to advise you on this? It's not for me. It just makes me think they understand how BS what they spout is and are looking to win folks over by other methods.

Maybe they're assuming it's the father's decision and playing into that thing about only being able to run one head at a time. Or maybe I'm a cynical mother****er -- in this case, I'm using the "logical or" because I know I'm a cynical mother****er.
    Yes, her name is Jenny McCarthy. Makes me ashamed of playing Red Alert 3 (because she plays as Tanya). No, an actor and Playboy Playmate does not get priority over scientists and doctors who spend their entire lives just so they could save their ungrateful *rses.

Sorry, I just feel it is necessary to get a few swear words out as a stauch vaccine supporter.

I didn't realize it was that strong. I'm sorry, that was pretty stupid of me, even as a joke.
    I don't think there would be a need for someone to invent a vaccine if it wasn't that powerful. Even though people would still invent one anyway (people actually tried to invent a vaccine for the common cold until they realised they needed a vaccine for over 20 kinds of viruses just for that).
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 4th October 2013 at 5:13 PM.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/wp-conten...11/03/barf.gif
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 1277 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 277117712271267127312741275127612771278127912801281128713271377 ... LastLast