Page 1281 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 281118112311271127712781279128012811282128312841285129113311381 ... LastLast
Results 32,001 to 32,025 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Considering I play card games still, I think I meet my quota handsomely, then.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I really should learn some Spanish, it's pretty practical, and there lot's of opportunities to use it. And I should probably brush up on my French too, since I already have some basic familiarity, even if I haven't been good at it.
    D'accord. Allons tous parlent francais autant que possible, afin de mieux apprendre. Je pourrais utilizer un peu d'aide, aha. ^_^;

Aussi, une lecture interessante pour quelqu'un encore pensant a notre sujet de chien.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Answer: a lot.
    A lot is not an answer to a mathematical equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    D'accord. Allons tous parlent francais autant que possible, afin de mieux apprendre. Je pourrais utilizer un peu d'aide, aha. ^_^;
    Je n'ai pas un leçon de francais pour neuf ans.

And I may be making that a very literal translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    A lot is not an answer to a mathematical equation.
    a+lot

happy now?

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    a+lot

happy now?
    This actually makes sense when looking at them as variables.

math is power

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post

Aussi, une lecture interessante pour quelqu'un encore pensant a notre sujet de chien.
    I think I understood most of that, though some of it was guessing based on context. Like I said I am really out of practice.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Married Reshiram interview
    by ~justinrpg

The radio announcer speaks, "Next up, we are going to talk to a man who married a Pokémon. Yes, really. We will be back after a word from our sponsors."

<Commercial break>

The radio announcer continues "Welcome back to Pokémon Alternative 99.7 FM. in the studio we have a man named Justin Coolidge, who said "I Do." with a Reshiram. Is this right, Justin?"

Justin responds, "Yes, I did marry a Reshiram. In fact our love is strong."

The announcer asks, "What is it like being married to a Fire Type Pokémon?"

Justin responds, "I cannot count the amount of times I was asked that same very question. Well anyway, I don't really think it is any different that a typical marriage. Aside from my Reshiram wife can keep me warm in winter. I hate cold temperatures."

"Is this the only reason why you married a Reshiram?" asked the announcer. You don't find too many Pokémon/human marriages, there is got to be some reason." asked the announcer

Justin responds, "No! I love Reshiram and she loves me, it is more just her keeping me warm. It's true love!"

"You love your Pokémon wife don't you" asked the announcer "even though she is a Pokémon"

"Yes I do, love is love, it doesn't matter if one is a human and the other is a Pokémon, as long as you love each other." Justin replied

"so, being married to a legendary Pokémon, not to mention she is a lot bigger than you and a lot more powerful too, does it make living, life, and activities harder to do together?" asked the announcer

"No actually, it makes it more interesting actually. Especially the love making. As for Reshiram being so powerful, she is overly protective of me and I like it." Justin answered

The radio station phone rings and the announcer's assistant answers it. Justin's wife Reshiram is at the other end of the line."

"Hey, Corey" (the announcer's name) "this is Justin's wife, Reshiram. Yeah we love each other lots, and I protect him with dear life. I have been listening to your conversation with my husband. As you said, I am a powerful legendary Pokémon and that is why I protect him. 80% of Pokémon are liable to take a human down in one attack. So I am overly protective of him." Justin's wife Reshiram explains

"That's right!" Justin says "it is a dangerous world out there with lots of powerful Pokémon"

The announcer asks, "How did you two meet?"

"We met when my foot was trapped in a trap. And Justin freed me. I never left his side since. Our relationship just grew and grew until it became love. Thankfully, Pokémon/human marriage is legal in our area." Reshiram explained

Justin adds, "It was like we were meant for each other, every day and ever minute we just clicked." I wonder if Arceus had that trap thing happen for a reason!"

"I was wondering that myself! You see announcer? It is things like that that proves we were meant to be!" Reshiram stated

"Totally amazing!" the announcer said loudly "I have never heard of Pokémon/human marriage that was meant to be!"

"Now you have!" Reshiram and Justin said at the same time.

Agai... Justin and Reshiram start talking at the same time. "Go ahead, Reshiram" Justin says

Reshiram continues, "See how we said that at the same time, another
    example! You are seeing examples just on this radio interview you are having
    with Justin. You have to be convinced by now!"

"I am!" the announcer stated. "I am impressed"

"Pokémon/Human marriages do work!" Justin says

"Yes they do, you are 100% Justin" Reshiram adds

"You are more love in your Pokémon/Human marriage than some of those Human/Human traditional marriages."

"Exactly!" Reshiram and Justin says at the same time

The announcer says "I guess another example; you two just said that at the same time again! Holy cow!"

"We love each other" they both say at the same time again

"OK, I know for a fact now it is meant to be!" you know each other like a book!" the announcer says " well that's all the time we have right now, thank you for listening to Pokémon Alternative 99.7. And lets all thank Justin and Reshiram for this interview."

After the whole radio show is over and the ratings were in. the interview gets high ratings.
    fandom.txt

e: hahaha jesus christ http://youtu.be/JaP-Vc4LJ3w
    Last edited by moot; 7th October 2013 at 8:03 AM.
    life is
    a game

Couldn't even be arsed to write a script for the commercial break? Don't give up your day job, fan fiction writer/pokephile.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    Je n'ai pas un leçon de francais pour neuf ans.

And I may be making that a very literal translation.
    Je n'ai pas eu de leçon de français depuis neuf ans. I think. :/
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 7th October 2013 at 9:19 AM. Reason: I have successfully confused myself

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    Married Reshiram interview
    by ~justinrpg

fandom.txt

e: hahaha jesus christ http://youtu.be/JaP-Vc4LJ3w
    move over j.k. rowling. there's a new kid in town.

Spanish is part of the list of easy languages to learn, you just got to put some effort into it. The great thing about learning a romance language is that you'll be able to understand some of the other romance languages, such as Portuguese, Italian and French.
    Department of Defense Language Aptitude Battery classes French as a Class 1 language (easiest for a monolingual English speaker to pick up). Interestingly, despite common ancestry, German is classed as Class 2 (slightly more difficult than French). East Asian languages (Korean, Japanese, Chinese) are put into Class 4, the most difficult for a monolingual English speaker to learn. The list is limited though, since it only includes languages that are “strategically important”.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon trainer Black View Post
    I love spanish its my second favorite class.
    My friend on the other hand is conviced that Japansee is much easyer and that Spanish sucks.
    She is really starting to turn into a weeboo.
    Now from a practical standpoint, I could see the reason why she thinks Japanese is easier than Spanish. Part of learning languages is learning how to use it in real life. If you don't see it in real life, it is difficult to maintain your standard. My father used to learn French when he was in polytechnic, on top of his English, Chinese and Malay. He now only knows how to use English and Chinese, since those are the languages he still actively uses. The languages that I put in my signature (English, Chinese, German, Korean, Japanese) are all languages that I have learnt at some point or another (I still actively use English and Chinese), but I had to put my Korean learning on hold because I felt that Japanese is more practical in my current usage. And because the structure of Korean (completely made-up writing system that does not always follow its own rules) is more complicated than Japanese (writing system completely based off Chinese).

My opinion is that people who use the term ‘weaboo’ are as annoying as they people they call that, half because that word sounds really annoying.

Hey, whatever gets people more cultured is great. It's annoying that some people are learning Japanese because of anime or w/e, but considering that several people never bother to learn second languages, I think it's pretty a cool thing when people go out of their way to learn a different language.
    In my country, you are practically forced to learn a 2nd language, otherwise you cannot enrol into the local universities. That being said, you don’t find a lot of people interested in learning more languages than they are required to, especially since many people already have problems with their 2nd language (which is usually Chinese).

I study Japanese, but mostly because it is interesting to see how a culture (Japan) can be heavily influenced by a powerful neighbour (China), even if it hates that neighbour’s guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogles View Post
    I actually agree. As long as they're having fun learning their language and keep themselves motivated I think that's a pretty good thing. A lot of people grow out of that sort of weaboo-ish behavior. I'll assume that you're both young but just give it time haha.

I'm in the process of learning German as a third language and I'm so glad I'm taking these courses. It's so fun.
    I have taken German for 6 years and now have an ‘A’ Level certificate. It has been fun, especially since German is the most underrated foreign language among my schoolmates (the other options being French and Japanese). I’ve seen one too many people who have dropped out of learning a language halfway into their journey, so finding someone who remains motivated is quite rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I find it a bit annoying when people are all judgey when I mention possibly learning Japanese to read/watch anime/manga. Apparently I am not allowed to want to learn a language for practical reasons, I have to have a deep unsterstanding of the culture or something. Otherwise I am a apparently a weeaboo, despite not being engaged in the level of Japanophilia that the poeple making complaints are. I don't want call people names or anything, but it does seem like the pot calling the kettle black. No offense to people who are interested in Japanese culture mind you, that's cool and all, I just think people shouldn't be so quick to toss around the insults.

I really should learn some Spanish, it's pretty practical, and there lot's of opportunities to use it. And I should probably brush up on my French too, since I already have some basic familiarity, even if I haven't been good at it.

My German teacher was kind of nuts. He made me throw a football (American football), at his poster of Napoleon. He was a pretty good teacher though, my class had a lot of "at risk" students but he got everyone learning. Except the 3rd of the class that was expelled for drugs.
    Huh. And I thought me flipping out at someone who stopped learning German was weird. The real issue is that it is a privilege to be allowed to learn a 3rd language in the language centre in my country, and you cannot go back in and continue if you stop. It's this “no return” part I had an issue with.

Now don’t get me wrong: I don't particularly like the Japanese. Especially since they have not completely owned up to the injustices inflicted on the people of my country in WW2. Historical revisionism that attempts to gloss over Japan’s brutality is still alive in Japan, where in contrast Holocaust denial is a criminal offence in many developed nations. But I still learn Japanese because it is unfair to ignore their technological advances because of something over 70 years ago, and it is really immature to start riots like what happens in China (keep your Japanese cameras guys, cos they be smashin’ ‘em up when they see it). The bit where the Japanese politician says their government should power through their Constitution like Hitler did was unforgivable though, because if there is one thing you don't do, it’s invoking Godwin’s Law in a political debate.

One museum (Images of Singapore) used to show extremely graphic (or so I heard) pictures of the Japanese occupation. The museum still exists, but the pictures have been taken down because supposedly Japanese tourists have fainted because of these pictures.

I'm just a little butthurt because my school was actually teaching us Chinese, which I was learning all the way up until 6th grade, then decided to switch to Spanish. Looking back, it was easier to learn than Spanish was.

That said, I do know a good deal of Spanish but I'm eventually going to lose it because I never use it. It's kinda like math.
    The only issue I really had with Chinese was the writing system. It is not phonetic-based, so you have to have a really good memory to keep your Chinese writing skills, and you can still lose it if you are not careful or get a brain fart, like the time I actually forgot how to write ‘nose’ in Chinese (actually it is for my Japanese notes, but whatever). Good thing my parents are not High Expectations Asian Parents, or I will be executed.

If you were wondering how ‘nose’ is written in Chinese/Japanese, it’s 鼻 (pronounced bǐ in Mandarin and はな hana in Japanese). I knew the Japanese pronunciation because my mother (who used to learn Japanese) told me that it has the same pronunciation as flower.
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 7th October 2013 at 4:15 PM.
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Woe on the day the people in the GCT start talking in MEME-speak.
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 7th October 2013 at 9:48 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It's an improvement from greentext, I think.

>joins two days ago
    >changes name

Edit: did I do it right?
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Maybe he realized that Mega Charizard X is the result of Gamefreak farming design out to American twelve-year-olds?

The usual links

im tempted to not give people like that changes because i think it's abusing the system. people had to go like 6 years without a change and you just join 2 days ago and suddenly your name isnt good enough anymore?

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    im tempted to not give people like that changes because i think it's abusing the system. people had to go like 6 years without a change and you just join 2 days ago and suddenly your name isnt good enough anymore?
    Very true. But then again I can sympathize. When I first joined, I wanted a different name, but it was taken so I went down the list. But later on it hit me that I could have added numbers after it or something like that. I try not to hate on people like that too much.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Really hating the fact that I live in New Jersey.
    We just had a freak storm that came out of no where and I'm dreached.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

I also live in New Jersey and the other states don't like us.

That reminds me is gay marriage legal here in NJ yet.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.

I live in New Mexico, and a while ago, a certain judge was giving away marriage certificates to gay and lesbian couples. They were packed, lol.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Really hating the fact that I live in New Jersey.
    We just had a freak storm that came out of no where and I'm dreached.
    Try living in Florida.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Try living in Florida.
    I went to visit my uncle in Florida it was nice until there was a huge thuderstorm.

I went to visit my uncle in Florida it was nice until there was a huge thuderstorm.
    Yeah, my cousin lives there and we visited him just over a month ago. And I'm not kidding when I say it rained every day, multiple times a day XD
    #AlphaSapphire

Texas is worse

Page 1281 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 281118112311271127712781279128012811282128312841285129113311381 ... LastLast