Page 172 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222721172 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I don't think sigs should be banned... I just think that some people should tone it down a bit more with their sigs. Maybe reducing the max sig size? Because my bandwidth runs out lots of times, so I can't see what's in some people's sigs anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose of putting all that stuff in their sig in the first place.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Here is my report on signatures, FLASH! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post13806585

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    If post count doesn't matter, why do we keep track of it?

EDIT: Also I am working on my report to the board about why we must eliminate signatures. Is there anyone with a particularly egregious signature that I may not know about?
    Find some with a copy-paste signature that says something along the lines of "Jesus will send you to Hell if you don't put this in your sig."

The consequences of removing signatures may be too severe to predict. Forumwide chaos of large-scale proportions I'd imagine.

edit: Was I just ninja'd?

If you HATE sigs, don't go to pokecommunity. Ever. Flashy CSS, tooltips, tonnes of skins, and a 600*350 sig size limit. The site is already slow as is.
    Bulbagarden has nice sigs.
    gone.

Honestly, signatures give us the freedom to express ourselves: I have my clan userbars b/c I'm a proud member. Others may feel the same about their clan and thus do the same. Other sigs may make some posters more appealing due to the fact that a sig may say a little about someone.

And, agreed on the chaos...that's like trying to make someone put his/her clothes back on. It's how how he/she chooses to express his/herself, whether it's b/c he/she has had too much tequila or b/c he/she wants his/her skin to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Honestly, signatures give us the freedom to express ourselves: I have my clan userbars b/c I'm a proud member. Others may feel the same about their clan and thus do the same. Other sigs may make some posters more appealing due to the fact that a sig may say a little about someone.

And, agreed on the chaos...that's like trying to make someone put his/her clothes back on. It's how how he/she chooses to express his/herself, whether it's b/c he/she has had too much tequila or b/c he/she wants his/her skin to breathe.
    Your signature is not even that terrible compared to some others. If you look at my thread you can see some really annoying signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by AudinoHunter View Post
    If you HATE sigs, don't go to pokecommunity. Ever. Flashy CSS, tooltips, tonnes of skins, and a 600*350 sig size limit. The site is already slow as is.
    Bulbagarden has nice sigs.
    Urgh. Don't remind me. I like moderately large sigs sometimes, but even I have my limits.

I remember being there and thinking it was cool. Then I realized that I have less artistic capacity than a hermit crab.

Your signature is not even that terrible compared to some others. If you look at my thread you can see some really annoying signatures.
    Meh. I've seen worse sigs.

I have, too. My screen's 1600x900 px, and I've seen sigs that will fill that up.

I feel like I should make a really obnoxious sig now. (n.b. I am joking.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I have, too. My screen's 1600x900 px, and I've seen sigs that will fill that up.

I feel like I should make a really obnoxious sig now. (n.b. I am joking.)
    I chuckled a bit when I read "obnoxous sig" and immediately thought of that "Facetious Misc" banner. Hooray for seizure sigs!

I put what I want in my sig. Don't care if anyone "dislikes" it.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Speaking of pointless garbage in signatures, What's with all this "I claim X" nonsense. What does it accomplish and why are there stickied thread for it?

It's just something that lets you declare what you like.

Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Speaking of pointless garbage in signatures, What's with all this "I claim X" nonsense. What does it accomplish and why are there stickied thread for it?
    It accomplishes nothing and I only did it because I had spare time to do nothing on Serebii. I would remove it but I disabled the option to show signatures so I can't be bothered to do it because I can't see it anyway.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    The threads are pointless. I can say that I claimed whoever the hell I want and the makers of the thread don't really have any authority to do anything about it.

You know what we need? A thread to claim claiming threads.

Claiming gives the sense of ~tingly happiness~ in which you think you own your favourite character/shipping/something else.
    gone.

This forum needs sweeping reforms. Quite frankly if we want to get this forum moving in the right direction, we need to start by removing the fan art shops and games sections altogether.

If you don't like sigs disable them!

This forum needs sweeping reforms. Quite frankly if we want to get this forum moving in the right direction, we need to start by removing the fan art shops and games sections altogether.
    Well, let's get rid of Misc too while we're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnhippy View Post
    You know what we need? A thread to claim claiming threads.
    Possibly funny.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Well, let's get rid of Misc too while we're at it.
    I support this decision. Heartily.

I told a chemistry joke today. There was no reaction.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

Cue the bad joke alarm.

on the other hand, i've done worse in the past.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by §Suicune§ View Post
    I told a chemistry joke today. There was no reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    I support this decision. Heartily.
    Can I ask why?

Everyone always whines about the way this place is run, but they keep coming back.

Page 172 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 721221621681691701711721731741751761822222721172 ... LastLast