Page 580 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I listen to Birds of Tokyo? What's that?
    A Australian band and you listened to Head In My Hands/The Saddest Thing I Know/Wild At Heart

Quote Originally Posted by FlutterDash View Post
    *goes on Fenix's last.fm page*
    The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, The White Stripes, Birds Of Tokyo and Pink Floyd instruments are not made out of bones
    It's a joke.

Though it'd be pretty admirable if he did.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

A Australian band and you listened to Head In My Hands/The Saddest Thing I Know/Wild At Heart
    Oh right, you can stop stalking me now :)

Also, will you stop sending friend requests please? Our musical compatibility is low and I don't know you. I have to reject friend requests from you every time I post in sppf.

Your musical compatibility with Fenix_7 is HIGH
    Music you have in common includes Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Tool, Frank Zappa and Regina Spektor.

It really does feel like, every time I look at one of these, it always chooses the things that EVERYONE has listened to and maybe one or two more obscure things.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 18th May 2012 at 7:53 AM.

The usual links

Hmmm, I actually always wondered how it chooses what to show. My initial thought was that it tries to find the things both users have the most amount of listens of. But seeing Frank Zappa and Regina Spektor up there kind of moots my point, as I started scrobbling both fairly recently. Guess it's completely random then.

Hmmm, I actually always wondered how it chooses what to show. My initial thought was that it tries to find the things both users have the most amount of listens of. But seeing Frank Zappa and Regina Spektor up there kind of moots my point, as I started scrobbling both fairly recently. Guess it's completely random then.
    I don't really know either. I keep thinking it's based on what the person viewing has played a lot, but it's the same artists for you, right?

The usual links

Also, will you stop sending friend requests please? Our musical compatibility is low and I don't know you. I have to reject friend requests from you every time I post in sppf.
    I just add everybody on Last.fm and probably saw you on last.fm and pressed add

I now see why I stopped posting in GPD. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I don't really know either. I keep thinking it's based on what the person viewing has played a lot, but it's the same artists for you, right?
    Il tuo grado di compatibilitŕ musicale con Breaking-Wheel č ALTO

Avete in comune i seguenti artisti: Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Tool, Frank Zappa e Regina Spektor.

so yeah.
    I just add everybody on Last.fm and probably saw you on last.fm and pressed add
    Why not just add people you actually share musical interests with/plan to talk to/know personally, so you kind of know who's who? Never understood the appeal of having a huge friend list.

Il tuo grado di compatibilitŕ musicale con Breaking-Wheel č ALTO

Avete in comune i seguenti artisti: Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Tool, Frank Zappa e Regina Spektor.
    Hm. I was never quite sure about that, but I couldn't really be 100% sure since, obviously, I only ever see through my account. I assume there's information about this somewhere...

Why not just add people you actually share musical interests with/plan to talk to/know personally, so you kind of know who's who? Never understood the appeal of having a huge friend list.
    I just add people as they add me. Cynical bugger that I am, I don't consider the act of adding someone on a friends list online to mean something straight off. If we hit it off as friends, great. If not, no harm no foul. Usually.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 18th May 2012 at 8:10 AM.

The usual links

Those people who have less posts than you shouldn't tell you what to do

Some of the people who i add talk to me and some has low compatibility which turns into high/super in a few months
    Last edited by kuzronk; 18th May 2012 at 8:23 AM.

Hm. I was never quite sure about that, but I couldn't really be 100% sure since, obviously, I only ever see through my account. I assume there's information about this somewhere...
    I think that, as with most of last.fm's logarithms or whatever, it goes a lot off of your more recent listening habits, rather than just overall. I'd bet that the bands they list for compatibility are some sort of mixture of each person's top artists. With extra weight given to recent things, for whatever reason.

I don't really use the website itself much, but if you guys care at all:

Your musical compatibility with Fenix_7 is Super
    Music you have in common includes John Frusciante, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Doors and Rush.

Your musical compatibility with Breaking-Wheel is Super
    Music you have in common includes Rush, Blue Öyster Cult, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and Yes.

Yeah, I think a lot of that is based off of my listening habits.

For us two, it makes sense if it's based off more recent stuff -- I listened to BOC all night and a ****load of Tull this whole week. But for Fenix... not so much. It's been a while since I've listened to Regina Spektor.

The usual links

@GrizzlyB What is your last.fm name?

Your musical compatibility with Breaking-Wheel is LOW
    Music you have in common includes Cage The Elephant, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Shinedown

For us two, it makes sense if it's based off more recent stuff -- I listened to BOC all night and a ****load of Tull this whole week. But for Fenix... not so much. It's been a while since I've listened to Regina Spektor.
    Yeah, that is weird, then. Maybe it tries to take a couple bands that each person has been listening to recently and the other has already listened to a lot, or... something? Man, it seems like they make these as confounding as possible and guard them with their lives because they're such great big secrets for some reason.

Some of the people who i add talk to me and some has low compatibility which turns into high/super in a few months
    So does that mean you go and listen to stuff they listen to to increase compatibility? That's a pretty admirable feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    I think that, as with most of last.fm's logarithms or whatever, it goes a lot off of your more recent listening habits, rather than just overall. I'd bet that the bands they list for compatibility are some sort of mixture of each person's top artists. With extra weight given to recent things, for whatever reason.

I don't really use the website itself much, but if you guys care at all:

Your musical compatibility with Fenix_7 is Super
    Music you have in common includes John Frusciante, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Doors and Rush.

Your musical compatibility with Breaking-Wheel is Super
    Music you have in common includes Rush, Blue Öyster Cult, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and Yes.

Yeah, I think a lot of that is based off of my listening habits.
    That actually makes sense.
    Well it could be that it couldnt find any other common band, so it went for whatever it could find recent or not, that being Regina Spektor. That does beg the question why it'd say HIGH compatibility though, but I never considered the ranks accurate.

The musical compatibility on last.fm since i have listened to other bands in the persons library more than some of the bands it has

Well it could be that it couldnt find any other common band, so it went for whatever it could find recent or not, that being Regina Spektor. That does beg the question why it'd say HIGH compatibility though, but I never considered the ranks accurate.
    Maybe? I see a few other possibilities, though. But hey. Last.fm.

Or maybe five bands means we really ARE highly musically compatible, for some cynical reason.

The usual links

So does that mean you go and listen to stuff they listen to to increase compatibility? That's a pretty admirable feat.
    Yeah i do but i don't know they like it/they listen to music i like

Maybe it goes off of the style of artists you listen to the most, too? That's pretty convoluted and opens up a whole other can of worms, but hey, it's possible. Either way, though, trying to figure out how it works seems pretty impossible and pointless.

Oh, and my name is Grizzly_B on there, but like I said, I never use the site, and just leave the little program open to scrobble and count my plays. I'm not a part of any groups or even have any friends or anything.

Your musical compatibility with Grizzly_B is LOW
    Music you have in common includes "Weird Al" Yankovic, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper.
    But i have heard songs from most of your top artists before

Your musical compatibility with Grizzly_B is LOW
    Music you have in common includes "Weird Al" Yankovic, The Beatles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper.
    But i have heard songs from most of your top artists before
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most people have heard at least one song from each of those bands (and probably no more than one). And most likely at least one song from all of my top 15 or so. Except John Frusciante, for some completely unjustifiable reason.

It speaks volumes about... something, though, that Weird Al, of whom I have all of seven songs and 22 scrobbles, is listed first.
    Last edited by GrizzlyB; 18th May 2012 at 9:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    Except John Frusciante, for some completely unjustifiable reason.
    Couldn't agree with this more.

Well, if everyone is doing it:

Your musical compatibility with Fenix_7 is High
    Music you have in common includes Porcupine Tree, Within Temptation, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The White Stripes and Queens of the Stone Age.

Your musical compatibility with Grizzly_B is Very High
    Music you have in common includes Rush, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rise Against, Guns N' Roses and Flogging Molly.

Your musical compatibility with Breaking-Wheel is High
    Music you have in common includes Rush, Gorillaz, Within Temptation, Rammstein and Volbeat.

Oh wow, I agree with everybody.
    The artist previously known as Dark_Petal.

My face when this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    What a travesty

That was one of my favorite guys

Your musical compatibility with Dark_Petal is VERY HIGH
    Music you have in common includes Gorillaz, The Offspring, The White Stripes, Weezer and Maroon 5.

Page 580 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast