Page 623 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

True fact: OU is the worst game of all the and everyone should do NU or RU because the cool Pokemon are all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Most of my favorites are in OU or UU. Though my two favorites of all time happen to be in Ubers.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    True fact: OU is the worst game of all the and everyone should do NU or RU because the cool Pokemon are all there.
    RU, because you can use pokes from both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    KikAsh, I have a Bold, 31 Defense Sigilyph I just used as a random team member and Flyer throughout the game. I always thought it was too mediocre to bother pruning up for Wi-Fi. You just inspired me to pick up some EV-reducing berries, give it a little proper revamping, and find something else to fly me around. I am totally trying that out.
    Do it. You won't regret it. I bet it's used even less on Wi-Fi then it is on PO.
    I would go so far to say that Sigilyph is the most underrated Pokemon in the metagame right now.

^so true
    I love NU and RU. It's hilarious (and strangely pleasing) to see things like Haunter and Absol be big threats. And they seriously do have all the cool 'mons--Accelgor, Sceptile, Aggron, Lanturn, Bouffalant to name very few.
    I just wish more people played.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 30th May 2012 at 4:22 AM.

Where does Cacturne fit in these days?

Not that I'm sure that the old build is still good. I'm not even sure it was good then!
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Cacturne has always been NU I think.

i used to sweep in OU with a Drifblim when i could set it up (about half the time)

drifblim owns
    life is
    a game

Some of my all time favorites, like Octillery, Slowbro, and Leafeon, are in the lower tiers. The Nidos got bumped up to UU which almost makes me sad because they could learn literally like anything.

competitive discussion in misc? well i never.

i remember making ou teams based around sick sweepers / defensive behemoths like masquerain, vespiquen and friends. that was the BEST, especially when i won (read: very infrequently).

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    competitive discussion in misc? well i never.

i remember making ou teams based around sick sweepers / defensive behemoths like masquerain, vespiquen and friends. that was the BEST, especially when i won (read: very infrequently).
    I think the game used to be more fun before the extreme power creep after 3rd gen. More possibility for things like that.

no this was in dpp. i used masquerain and vespiquen in ou with tyranitar, heatran and stealth rock running rampant everywhere. it was the best thing.

no this was in dpp. i used masquerain and vespiquen in ou with tyranitar, heatran and stealth rock running rampant everywhere. it was the best thing.
    Oh yeah Vespiquen is a 4th gen Pokemon obvs. 4th gen kind of sucked tbh because of f*cking Garchomp just ruining everyones life before banning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Cacturne has always been NU I think.
    Yeah, it's still NU this gen. Though it actually does have its uses in some of the higher tiers. On a Sand team, Sand Veil can allow it to get a Sub up, then Swords Dance. Following that, Sucker Punch trolls people.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

dpp was fine once broken dragons got banned. although once mence left i didn't really have a reason to use porygon2 much anymore outside of gyarados and heatran sorta.

dpp was fine once broken dragons got banned. although once mence left i didn't really have a reason to use porygon2 much anymore outside of gyarados and heatran sorta.
    The entire Porygon evolutionary line being completely awesome looking is a damn good reason.

well yes there is that, but it was SO FUN switching in this little duck to casually take on dragons.

too bad i can't stand playing on sims anymore, making shitty teams was ridiculously fun.

Porygon 2 is ****ing beast. Mine currently is...

Porygon2
    252HP/128Def/128Sp.Def or something like that
    @Evoilte
    Bold
    Ice Beam
    Discharge
    T-Wave
    Recover

People have been getting pretty pissed off at this, I also run a Zapdos and Milotic with this so all the bases are covered.

i always ran a lefties quiet trick room / thunderbolt / ice beam / recover variant, since trick room was kinda my thing back in the day. such a tank.

Slowbro
    I'm breeding a mess of Regenerator Slowpoke right now just to use one. I'm surprised it's tiered so low; I see it a deeeeecent amount on Wi-Fi, and it's always pretty solid. Takes hits like a champ, makes a good defensive pivot for 3 vs 3 with Regenerator, and can fire off a lot of unexpected and reasonably powerful special attacks. Works well in both the sun and rain too, which is really why I want one.

My guess it's just overshadowed by W-Rotom and the like, but it definitely has attributes others don't. It's gotten much better this generation.

the problem i have with regenerator is that it can't 100% shut down machamp, but i suppose that's not really an issue anyway.

the problem i have with regenerator is that it can't 100% shut down machamp, but i suppose that's not really an issue anyway.
    I'm not sure that Slowbro really has an issue with Machamp anyway?

Hardly ever see Machamp, for that matter.

it never got confused, which is why it was the best switch-in around.

i honestly don't even know which tier machamp is even in lol.

i honestly don't even know which tier machamp is even in lol.
    underused in 5th gen

really? not even ru? jesus christ, 100% accurate dynamicpunches must not be a remotely threatening thing anymore... :/

Page 623 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast