Page 745 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    What is...normal?
    It is a human weakness.

What is...normal?
    I'm always amused by people that seriously ask this question. Normal is what is ordinary and routine, it is what people are used to feeling, seeing, and experiencing. There is a such thing as normal, and consequently, a such thing as abnormal.

Or in other words, if one were to all the sudden decide to get nipple piercings, and then get chains from the nipples that went all the way up to the lips, that person would not be what you would call "normal." Funny, it is often those types of people I just described that most frequently ask the same question you have.

Got myself a job at the campus bookstore. It's only a temporary job, but if I perform well, I may get bumped up to a permanent part-time position. It helps that in perfectly willing to work on game days when everyone and their dog are at the store before and after the game, so there's a bit of leeway in my direction.

At the very least, I've got more recent job experience to refer to, unlike my prior job which closed down, and the one before that where my supervisor has since been fired.

lol no I don't actually think I'm abnormal. Both of those things are really popular in my demographic, my mother is just kind of out of touch and I think it's funny.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/zxvtg.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

What is...normal?
    Normality is a falsehood as unreachable as the concept of a utopia society. The idea of normality causes judgmental behavior, intolerence, and rejection. It is flawed aspect of human society, and we'd be better off without it.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Normality is a falsehood as unreachable as the concept of a utopia society. The idea of normality causes judgmental behavior, intolerence, and rejection. It is flawed aspect of human society, and we'd be better off without it.
    Ugh, go away with that edgy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I wouldn't worry about him. Usually the people that spout that kind of ridiculous reasoning are very unconventional people that use that logic to rationalize what they are, aha.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not being normal. Normal is overrated, anyway. Just don't go and say something stupid like "normal doesn't exist."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark God Heart View Post
    I wouldn't worry about him. Usually the people that spout that kind of ridiculous reasoning are very unconventional people that use that logic to rationalize what they are, aha.
    You're missing the point.

It is a human weakness.
    You could say I'm "very unconventional".

I have considered your offer and I must decline.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    My mother was horrified that other than my students coming back, the thing I'm most excited for in September is the special edition Avengers boxset and the new Pokemon game. I guess I'm not a normal adult.
    God forbid you be a fan of something, I guess. Thankfully the things I was most excited for this year are already out.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

You're missing the point.
    Most likely. If you were trying to make a subtle implication of some sort it flew over my head. You're free to spell it out for me if you want, aha.

If you were attempting to make fun of me, that's a very cute endeavor really, but misplaced all the same.
    Last edited by Dark God Heart; 13th July 2012 at 1:49 AM.

So I found out that Volkswagon makes Beetles in yellow and I am now in love. I need to get one.

Funny all I see is yellow ones so this news isn't too shocking. I have a simlar feeling though when I found out the phone I'm looking at comes in purple. So now I know what I want to get.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

So I found out that Volkswagon makes Beetles in yellow and I am now in love. I need to get one.
    Aw yeah.

So, I'm babysitting my God child who's 3 years old, and she finally came up with a name for the new black kitten her mom got her yesterday.

Darkie.

Heaven forbid a black person ever come over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark God Heart View Post
    So, I'm babysitting my God child who's 3 years old, and she finally came up with a name for the new black kitten her mom got her yesterday.

Darkie.

Heaven forbid a black person ever come over.
    You expect a three year old to understand the intricacies of race relations? If they come over and get offended, it shows that they were racist to begin with.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

No. I just thought it was a funny story to share dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Aw yeah.

That just makes me want it even more, as long as it isn't the Michael Bay version that's just a stereotype of black people.

When I was a kid I had 12 cats. There was one named blackie, orangie, graydy and snowy. A perfectly diverse collection of kitties.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

That just makes me want it even more, as long as it isn't the Michael Bay version that's just a stereotype of black people.
    Huh? The Michael Bay Bumblebee wasn't the stereotype of black people; that was arguably Mudflap and Skids, and unarguably every actual black person to appear in a Michael Bay movie.

The Bay movies are godawf-terrible though.

Huh? The Michael Bay Bumblebee wasn't the stereotype of black people; that was arguably Mudflap and Skids, and unarguably every actual black person to appear in a Michael Bay movie.

The Bay movies are godawf-terrible though.
    I probably got them mixed up. I had literally no clue what was going on during Transformers 2 for the duration of the film.

I had literally no clue what was going on during Transformers 2 for the duration of the film.
    It's okay. Neither did Bay, the scriptwriters, or presumably the cast and crew.

It's okay. Neither did Bay, the scriptwriters, or presumably the cast and crew.
    I think Michael Bay was like "you know what's cool? Egypt." And that became Transformers 2.

What a good opportunity to post what is probably my favorite single entry on Cracked.com: http://www.cracked.com/blog/storyboa...-great-gatsby/

What a good opportunity to post what is probably my favorite single entry on Cracked.com: http://www.cracked.com/blog/storyboa...-great-gatsby/
    Ohmygod that is so amazing. I am almost crying.

For more Michael Bay fun, just put his name in the search box on this site and find out what a total pig he really is

Page 745 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast