Page 780 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 680730770776777778779780781782783784790830880 ... LastLast
Results 19,476 to 19,500 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

I guess "everything's bigger in Texas" includes assholery.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    The job hunt is also hopeless, on my end. One potential employer said I wasn't fit to even be a custodian when I emailed them my resume. Yaaaay, confidence boosting.
    90% of the employers I apply to don't even bother to respond, which sucks, but isn't as bad as them being rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Where did you hear that? That strikes me as a completely bizarre place to pick up girls.
    A lesbian on a different forum. I agree that it seems like a strange place to hang out, but then again I hang out with friends at grocery stores sometimes.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    A lesbian on a different forum. I agree that it seems like a strange place to hang out, but then again I hang out with friends at grocery stores sometimes.
    WELL. Apparently I need to go hit on some ladies at Ikea.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    The job hunt is also hopeless, on my end. One potential employer said I wasn't fit to even be a custodian when I emailed them my resume. Yaaaay, confidence boosting.
    Good lord, that is by far the nastiest way I've ever seen anyone get shot down. Report that person to their HR department asap.

Also, I don't start work until next week, and even after that I have another 2 weeks before teachers week, so I predict that I am going to be going a bit crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Grocery stores are excellent hang out spots and not bad as date destinations.
    Last edited by Profesco; 7th August 2012 at 11:43 PM.

Is it weird that I'm currently pondering names for my future children even though I have no intention of having any for at least another 5 years?

I met a person 15 and pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    Is it weird that I'm currently pondering names for my future children even though I have no intention of having any for at least another 5 years?
    My cousin is like, fifteen, and she has all of her future kid's names planned out.

I remember being like four and swearing that my kids would be called Charizard and Poliwhirl :U

funny thing is i was also pondering with future names as well. i'm even picturing myself with kids, though i don't want to have kids any time soon.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    My cousin is like, fifteen, and she has all of her future kid's names planned out.

I remember being like four and swearing that my kids would be called Charizard and Poliwhirl :U
    Well I hope that's not a sign she's looking to get knocked up anytime soon.

Hello misc what are we at t'day b'ys--

Quote Originally Posted by Comebhax View Post
    I met a person 15 and pregnant.
    Seeya later misc gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Grocery stores are excellent hang out spots and not bad as date destinations.
    I met a very nice bunch of grapes at a grocery store once...

Nah, not really. I've already determined that I'll name my first son "Laika."
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Nah, not really. I've already determined that I'll name my first son "Laika."
    As in the Laika, the Soviet dog who was the first animal to orbit Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    When I was three and my little brother was due I told my parents we should name him Pasta.

I wanted to name my little sister Raptor. She was named Grace. She's more of a Raptor than a Grace, though.

Grace is a nice name. Your parents have good taste.

Sogeking and I have made something of a hobby out of making fun of parents who give their kids stupid names. We have an endless supply.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    As in the Laika, the Soviet dog who was the first animal to orbit Earth?
    Yeah. Not entirely serious, to be honest, but by now I kinda like the name. Maybe not for a kid or anything, but it beats "NAME 'EM AFTER YOUR PARENTS" which is the convention my mom and dad used. Although, I guess anyone whose first name would be "Ray" couldn't be too bad. If he was a bassist, he could have the nick name "Manta" or similar.

The usual links

Boys names are no fun. All the ones I like are either too trendy and "right now," too obscure, or too generic. Nothing really fits the sweet spot of classy and traditional with a solid history but not trendy (like Cecily or Alexandra for girls) that I've seen. I know I don't need to worry about it yet, but I've seen enough episodes of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant to know I should be prepared

Some are fun. Like.... Paco.

Legitimately? I'd go with Gideon, honestly -- and I'm not entirely sure what for a girl. Maybe something simple that there would be a million variations on.

If I wanted to go completely bug**** with names into "wow this ******* just picked these out of a hat didn't he" territory, the poor girl gets saddled with "Zenobia" (or possibly "Melora" if I'm feeling generous), while the guy gets either "Athol" (which has bonus points for sounding close to a dirty word!) or "Proteus." However, I'm pretty sure that someone of my origins, etc. would get thrown in the looney bin for actually doing any of that.

The usual links

Sogeking told me calling our future hypothetical son Edmund and nicknaming him Ned would be too dorky. I am still sad about that one.

How do you get Ned from Edmund?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    How do you get Ned from Edmund?
    That's the traditional nickname. It was common in medieval times. As should be apparent by the fact that my future daughter will very likely be named Cecily, I am partial to medieval names [/history geek]

That's the traditional nickname. It was common in medieval times. As should be apparent by the fact that my future daughter will very likely be named Cecily, I am partial to medieval names [/history geek]
    Oh, that's where that came from? I guess history is something fun and useful.
    +1 for IP

Traditional names are great. I used to hate my name (Eleanor) because it was so old-fashioned, but now I really like it for a couple reasons. One being that I don't know any other Eleanor, whereas I can't even count the number of Sarahs or Ashleys I know. Also, the meaning is traced back to "shining light". I'm a Lighting Designer, so that's kind of awesome.

In general it was common to get nicknames then by swapping a letter of the name. Like Richard became Rick became Dick, and Margaret became Meggy became Peggy. Since the name pool was rather small lots of possible nicknames were pretty much necessary (for example, Richard Duke of York had sons named both Edward and Edmund and then another son named Richard, so nicknames were pretty much necessary in that family.) The fact that the name pool is so small does make it pretty tough to study medieval history though and remember how to differentiate everyone.

Page 780 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 680730770776777778779780781782783784790830880 ... LastLast