Page 90 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293941001401901090 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 37766

Thread: rip general chat thread 2011-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianofthesea View Post
    No, Competitive Battling will be non-existing if no WIFI were available, like in the RBY days. All Pokemon are Pokemon, you can win with a a team of Rattata and Magikarp, trust and believe in your Pokemon and they'll respond, all Pokemon are as strong as their trainers WANT and believe them to be!
    I can't tell if you're trolling or if you genuinely don't know what base stats are.

Competitive battling is by no means a recent thing. I know first hand that competitive battling did exist in 1st gen. Granted it wasn't nearly as immersive as today's competitive scene but still.

Pachirisu =/= Electivire

Mightyena =/= Darkrai

Furrett =/= Arceus

Sandslash =/= Golurk
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

You can email GAMEFREAK and ask them They'll tell you, you can win with ANYTHING.

Didn't you have to go to chem? Lol
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2yl39lh.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Yeah, and I came back 12 minutes ago, half past nine?

You were posting at like 8:45 though lol

Who doesn't use Serebii via Ipad during classes?

Ah. I see.

You see, Midterm exams have been completed, so the heat is off for close to month now! We have End of Term coming soon, though, so expect a cut-down to how I'll be using this site as we venture further into the month of November, but in the end of November I'll be back out in full force like now!

No, Competitive Battling will be non-existing if no WIFI were available, like in the RBY days. All Pokemon are Pokemon, you can win with a a team of Rattata and Magikarp, trust and believe in your Pokemon and they'll respond, all Pokemon are as strong as their trainers WANT and believe them to be!
    I wish people would stop thinking this way.

Its a game, alright? Why try to win with a pistol when you have a machine gun right next to you? Its absolutely pointless to use the weaker sh*t and pull this "OH BELIEVE BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY DO IN THE SHOW".

other than that fantastic day today
    oopsie

That's what Tajiri and them ENCOURAGE you to do, that's THE POINT of Pokemon! Competitive Battling is a fan created pack ah fart that spoilt the true meaning of Pokemon.

That's what Tajiri and them ENCOURAGE you to do, that's THE POINT of Pokemon! Competitive Battling is a fan created pack ah fart that spoilt the true meaning of Pokemon.
    It's called:
    Pokemon is just a game. I think we all should know this. It really should be common knowledge but apparently some people here really can't get it.

Its just like any other game; you play to win, and you do whatever is possible to win. Its common sense to use the most powerful thing in the game to win.
    EDIT: You need to put that iPad up boy and do some more school work. Your grammar skills suck.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    I wish people would stop thinking this way.

Its a game, alright? Why try to win with a pistol when you have a machine gun right next to you? Its absolutely pointless to use the weaker sh*t and pull this "OH BELIEVE BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY DO IN THE SHOW".

other than that fantastic day today
    Actually the "weaker" Pokemon usually have better moves that make them worth using. Ex. Mew vs Mewtwo, while Mewtwo has way higher stats, Mew can learn any TM/HM and most move tuters in the game.

Do you think that this'll make a good debate in the Debate Forum? I mean moderation and all...?

EDIT: You need to put that iPad up boy and do some more school work. Your grammar skills suck.
    That's a tad unnecessary.

Do you think that this'll make a good debate in the Debate Forum? I mean moderation and all...?
    Oh good god you did not just say that....

Firstly, these kind of topics aren't even material for an actual debate. Because not only am I completely right at the moment, the Debate forum isn't for pokemon related topics. That should be in the GPD. (But then again this thread you want to make shouldn't even be created because it's pointless.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zoro View Post
    That's a tad unnecessary.
    Maybe, but harshness canget a point across very well.
    Last edited by Zenotwapal; 3rd November 2011 at 3:04 AM.
    oopsie

When you beat a team of anything OU with a team of Magikarp then come back. Otherwise I don't really care about how the game designers encourage weakness. You need to learn Magikarp won't just start 1HKO'ing and Criting because you "believe" in it. How did this discussion even happen in the general chat thread?

I'm going to check out what the SPP Misc chat is like now.
    Last edited by ShadowKyogre443; 3rd November 2011 at 3:08 AM.

Hey, I'm a few days old! As for the Grammar, this is interwebz, in real life essays and such, I rule 95+ out of a 100 in Grammar!

EDIT: I have no idea how this conversation started.
    Last edited by Guardianofthesea; 3rd November 2011 at 3:09 AM.

oh and jb, i tried to change around my sig
    does it fit now?

So, how's school going everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Actually the "weaker" Pokemon usually have better moves that make them worth using. Ex. Mew vs Mewtwo, while Mewtwo has way higher stats, Mew can learn any TM/HM and most move tuters in the game.
    That's not a great comparison once you realize that Mew has base 100 stats across the board.

A wide moveset isn't enough to make you a great Pokemon though. Take Smeargle for example, it can learn every move in existence but how often do you see it in a battle? Almost never. Not that it dosen't have potential but there is a reason it's in NU.

Furret and Wigglytuff are also great examples of this. You can have all the versatility you want but it does you no good if you still throw punches like marshmallows.

Oh good god you did not just say that....

Firstly, these kind of topics aren't even material for an actual debate. Because not only am I completely right at the moment, the Debate forum isn't for pokemon related topics. That should be in the GPD. (But then again this thread you want to make shouldn't even be created because it's pointless.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKyogre443 View Post
    When you beat a team of anything OU with a team of Magikarp then come back. Otherwise I don't really care about how the game designers encourage weakness. You need to learn Magikarp won't just start 1HKO'ing and Criting because you "believe" in it. How did this discussion even happen in the general chat thread?
    Last edited by Moltanic; 3rd November 2011 at 3:34 AM.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

I have a Smeargle in my PC Box that knows Judgement! I love it! Yeah, but school's been hard on me, what with this being my first year at High School and all. I have lots of classes too, like the Chemistry Class I had earlier, and tomorrow at 11 AM I have Math Class. So, how's school going for you guys?

I have a Smeargle in my PC Box that knows Judgement! I love it! Yeah, but school's been hard on me, what with this being my first year at High School and all. I have lots of classes too, like the Chemistry Class I had earlier, and tomorrow at 11 AM I have Math Class. So, how's school going for you guys?
    schools been fine

you do realize smeargle with judgement is still useless

Yeah, that's why it's in the box, big guy. Can someone be my friend!?

A wide moveset isn't enough to make you a great Pokemon though. Take Smeargle for example, it can learn every move in existence but how often do you see it in a battle? Almost never. Not that it dosen't have potential but there is a reason it's in NU.
    Smeargle is used more than "almost never" (One word: Spore) although it has dropped since 4th generation.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Page 90 of 1511 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990919293941001401901090 ... LastLast